Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Android models to look forward to in the coming months.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snigger View Post
    At this pace, in 2 years, there could be up to TWENTY FIVE (25) UPDATES! from Apple.
    Which is why, I guess, Apple has devised such a simple system to update their phones, to make it easy for nearly everyone (except maybe trep) to run the latest version.

vCash
    Thanks

Right. Any complaints or issues they can announce updates tomorrow and we can all turn on our computers and have it the second it comes out. Done.

Usability and convenience.

Just because something looks and it's more complicated to use doesn't mean it is more powerful. I think the Fandroids are lured by the geeky complexity of the Android that somehow it is better because it is complicated.

The hardest thing to do is to make something that is very powerful, very easy to use. Apple believes that we, as the end users, shouldn't be bothered with troubleshooting and managing the OS. All iPhone users do is just USE THE PHONE. That's it. No task killers or let's see which application is running and which on is using the most resources so we can manage it. WHY? You are the end user.

You shouldn't have to worry about anything but what you want to DO. When I first got the iPhone, the first couple of days, I spent time closing apps from the multitasking bar. I wasn't used to just not worrying about it coming from Blackberry and Windows.

Now, I just use the thing. I don't close anything. I don't bother with anything. I open what I want. I use it, I click the home button. It's gone. I don't care what it is doing in the background. iOS takes care of it. It doesn't slow down my phone, it doesn't drain my battery. It performs flawlessly every time.

This is why, regardless of how many cores the new Android phones have, people will still line up for blocks to buy the new iPhone, because it is USABLE, SIMPLE and the best quality phone. The End.

They don't have to worry about it. They use the phone. Done. This is what users want. They want to deal with the content, with their apps, with what THEY want to do. They don't want to spend time fucking around with software and roots and cracks.

I still haven't found ONE reason to jailbreak my phone. I don't think I ever will.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

The irony is that even rooting the iPhone (ie jailbreaking) is an elegant and easy process - a couple of apps available to do it, pressing a button combination on iPhone, plug it in, and press a single-button. Done . Rooted/Jailbroken.

I've seen a couple of people with jailbroken phones now, and there are plenty of problems (no matter what theanimaster says). Bad battery life, push notifications not working, weird boot screens, frequent crashes --- is that worth the dubious features that jailbreaking brings? To me, not.

(I can see the reason for TAM jailbreaking his iPad to gain mirrored video out, though, for school - but that's the only reason.)

vCash
    Thanks

and good, since it's a 23,000 baht phone.
    I'll check again but last time I looked, the Galaxy S was selling for around 19K new.

You still haven't responded to me. When and where can we meet up so I can make your phone lose reception and collect the 100K baht?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baksiidaa View Post
    I'll check again but last time I looked, the Galaxy S was selling for around 19K new.

It's been out for a while, so yes, I guess it's gone down since he bought it.

It's a plastic POS that's not worth 10,000 baht.

:: Welcome to Mobile From Advance ::

22,898 baht. through AIS

You still haven't responded to me.
    All you talk is bullshit. Responding to you is like trying to discuss quantum physics with a buffalo.

When and where can we meet up so I can make your phone lose reception and collect the 100K baht?
    You don't have to do it with mine. You can do it with any iPhone 4.

I guess you think I am lying that I don't have a problem? Or you SAW an iPhone 4 not being able to get a signal where you live?

I don't live with you, so I don't give a flying fuck what kind of reception issues you have.

All I know is that I have never ever had reception issues with the iPhone.

regardless of how I hold it.

There are other people here with iPhone 4's. Ask them also.

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Which is why, I guess, Apple has devised such a simple system to update their phones, to make it easy for nearly everyone (except maybe trep) to run the latest version.
    Hey, guess what

iOS 4.3 Release Rumored for December - PCWorld

Last edited by snigger; 21st December 2010 at 12:47.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I paid 20,000 for mine - that was at MBK, and that was the asking prince, and I didn't feel like haggling. I could have probably gotten it for 18K or 19K if I had wanted to spend the time on it.

You still haven't responded to me. When and where can we meet up so I can make your phone lose reception and collect the 100K baht?
    Again, HONEST QUESTION : Have you actually, really, genuinely DONE THIS TO AN iPhone 4 - made it lose reception, or are you just doing the same snigger/sl4ve/jldshdg is doing, and quoting third hand from some Google blogs?

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

I guess you think I am lying that I don't have a problem?
    No, I think some people think you are lying about where you live.

vCash
    Thanks

quoting third hand from some Google blogs?
    When you say something that you know is true, and then some moron comes back saying something you know it ISN'T true, then the best thing to do is to quote something. Like an article or something relevant to the issue to show that you are not talking shit.

If you were educated, you would know that when writing an academic paper you do something similar. You can't just say "This is this" without saying where you got it from.

Since this is a forum and anybody can say that what you are saying is not right, then how can you back up what you are saying? with proof right?

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

I can say that the Galaxy S update to Froyo was halted and fucked up many times.

You can come back and say that it wasn't. That you updated your Galaxy S with no problems.

Then I can show you this:

Samsung Galaxy S Froyo update delayed until October

and countless others from people who were waiting forever and once they got it their device was fucked.

Long live Android.

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

and I bet if I buy a Galaxy S today, it'll come with 2.1

If I buy an iPhone 4 comes out of the box with the latest software installed.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

When you say something that you know is true
    Hmmm... that sounds like a really good idea.

If you were educated...
    Nice ad hominem... I guess you don't handle criticism well...?

vCash
    Thanks

Have you actually, really, genuinely DONE THIS TO AN iPhone 4 - made it lose reception,
    He has never held an iPhone 4 in his hands.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

ad hominem
    only deluded assholes use words like "ad hominem". Just say "we don't need the personal attacks".

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

anyway, there is nothing wrong with backing up what you say. It humiliates the other person. and I like humiliating baksiidaa just like we did in the iPhone thread.

He comes out like he knows something, but it is obvious by the way he posts he is a self taught nobody. He really doesn't know about technology. Just what he picked up here and there.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

He has never held an iPhone 4 in his hands.
    How about you let him answer?

only deluded assholes use words like "ad hominem".
    Another ad hominem. Are you capable of normal conversation, if you are being criticized, or do you naturally lash out at regular bystanders?

Regular User Array Logic Dictates's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

This seems to have devolved into a flame war. However, here is for you iPhone fanboys that have ruined what could have been a good discussion about current and upcoming Android phones:

Today, as expected, Steve Jobs announced that Apple would offer free rubber "bumpers" to anyone who bought an iPhone 4 in order to fix the problem caused by the antenna's design flaw. However, Jobs did not promise a hardware fix which would alleviate the problem without marring the phone's aesthetic.
    "We're not perfect," Jobs told reporters. "Phones aren't perfect either," adding, "but we want to make all of our users happy."

Apple's iPhone is a flawed design and created using stolen ideas:
    On December 16th, Nokia sued Apple in Germany, Britain and the Netherlands for patent infringement over the use of a number of smartphone features, the latest blow in a legal struggle between the two rival corporations.

Among the patents Nokia is suing under are the finger-wiping gesture as a means of navigating a cellphone screen, the antenna structure used in the iPhone and the technology used for real-time access to an online app store.
    “Mentor: Someone whose hindsight can become your foresight”
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~ Albert Pine

vCash
    Thanks

Again, HONEST QUESTION : Have you actually, really, genuinely DONE THIS TO AN iPhone 4 - made it lose reception, or are you just doing the same snigger/sl4ve/jldshdg is doing, and quoting third hand from some Google blogs?
    I actually did try it the first couple times I picked up the phone. The phone lost some signal strength on the bar indicator but since I was in an area with good reception, it wasn't enough to completely drop my signal. This is similar to what I had read before on multiple hardware review sites. If you have excellent reception anyway, it won't cause dropped calls. If your reception is questionable with only 2-3 bars anyway then it can. Since true does have questionable reception in rural areas of Thailand and in some places in Bangkok (such as some buildings), I think it is definitely possible to experience reception issues due to the antenna-gate problem. The problem can be avoided by using a case.

Just as a reminder since jlsdfgb keeps claiming I've never actually used an iphone 4, I shopped for phones with my girlfriend and eventually bought and setup an iphone 4 for her including jailbreaking it and setting up some apps and games that I thought she might like. I also sit at work within 10 meters of four people using iphone 4's and have played around with the phone quite a bit.

You aren't so bad, Cthulhu. We got off on the wrong foot because of jlsdfgb's trolling in that original iphone thread. I may not agree with everything you say, but at least you are pretty civil in your arguments.

An iphone case reminds me of another point that jlsdfgb keeps trying to hit on. When you are using a rubber or similar phone case, then it doesn't really matter if your phone is made of plastic, aluminum, glass, etc., because it is covered up anyway. All arguments of the iphone 4 looking slick and being thin die instantly the moment you use a shell for your phone.

You don't have to do it with mine. You can do it with any iPhone 4.

I guess you think I am lying that I don't have a problem? Or you SAW an iPhone 4 not being able to get a signal where you live?

I don't live with you, so I don't give a flying fuck what kind of reception issues you have.

All I know is that I have never ever had reception issues with the iPhone.

regardless of how I hold it.

There are other people here with iPhone 4's. Ask them also.
    Changing the subject are we? Your initial claim was NOT
    Your claim was
    I have an iPhone 4.

I will give you mine. If you can make the signal die by touching it anywhere I'll give you 100,000 baht.
    You are obviously going to puss out of this which I knew you would. I did enjoy showing everyone how much you talk out of your ass though.
    Last edited by baksiidaa; 21st December 2010 at 14:36.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I actually did try it the first couple times I picked up the phone. The phone lost some signal strength on the bar indicator but since I was in an area with good reception, it wasn't enough to completely drop my signal. This is similar to what I had read before on multiple hardware review sites. If you have excellent reception anyway, it won't cause dropped calls. If your reception is questionable with only 2-3 bars anyway then it can.
    Fair enough - thank you. Again, I haven't experienced this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic Dictates View Post
    Today, as expected, Steve Jobs announced that Apple would offer free rubber "bumpers" to anyone who bought an iPhone 4 in order to fix the problem caused by the antenna's design flaw.
    I went looking for this after you posted this, and couldn't find this 'program' that you claim was announced today. What are you talking about? Why do you need to make things up?

Just as a reminder since jlsdfgb keeps claiming I've never actually used an iphone 4, I shopped for phones with my girlfriend and eventually bought and setup an iphone 4 for her
    I can somehow see the same fate in my future. Mine has been making winky eyes at me over iPhone 4, and she uses mine *a lot* when at home.

You aren't so bad, Cthulhu. We got off on the wrong foot because of jlsdfgb's trolling in that original iphone thread. I may not agree with everything you say, but at least you are pretty civil in your arguments.
    Thank you - I try. Allow me to return the compliment - you definitely have some decent technical background, from which you argue. I appreciate reading some of your "missives".

All arguments of the iphone 4 looking slick and being thin die instantly the moment you use a shell for your phone.
    Unless you have the right case.

Zero 5 (0.5mm) UltraThin case for iPhone 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXK_U1myUc0

ordered from China somewhere, but an actual brand -- 0.5mm thin - thinnest case around, and you can barely notice it's there. Excellent case.

vCash
    Thanks

if you are being criticized, or do you naturally lash out at regular bystanders?
    You don't swim? Get your ass out the pool!

You are obviously going to puss out of this which I knew you would. I did enjoy showing everyone how much you talk out of your ass though.
    The only way I would meet you in person is if you agree to suck on my cock.

you definitely have some decent technical background, from which you argue. I appreciate reading some of your "missives".
    He knows nothing of technology. He is self taught. As much as the guy who teaches English in the next room.

An iphone case reminds me of another point that jlsdfgb keeps trying to hit on.
    My iPhone 4 has no case on it. What for?

Mr. I flush power supplies

Now, you're going to go back to the argument that the iPhone 4 is all glass and it breaks and you can't wait for my phone to get all scratched up and will shatter the moment I look at it wrong.

And if I touch it the wrong way the phone will implode and cant make calls and this and that one.

Right?

Meanwhile, My iPhone 4 is flawless. Has not 1 tiny scratch on it, has no case and never ever loses its signal.

But you can keep talking and repeating what you hear others say. It's OK.

Doesn't mean shit, like everything else you say.
    Last edited by snigger; 22nd December 2010 at 15:01.

vCash
    Thanks

In the meantime I got my Market App updated, now there's a 3D + transparency flipping thing to browse some apps in a selected category at the top, above the tabs, looks very pretty. I posted a link to update announcement earlier but screenshots do not do it justice, just like screenshots of animated wallpapers.

Don't know if it has any other use yet.

Still no paid apps for Thailand, though.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast