Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Android models to look forward to in the coming months.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snigger View Post
    The only way I would meet you in person is if you agree to suck on my cock.
    Of course you wouldn't. Even though you talk a lot of shit, you can't back any of it up. Keep hiding behind your keyboard and spitting out false information, internet tough guy.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

So, once some levels criticism at snigger (or any of his multiple nicknames), he basically snaps, and goes off the deep end?
    Quote Originally Posted by trep View Post
    In the meantime I got my Market App updated, now there's a 3D + transparency flipping thing to browse some apps in a selected category at the top, above the tabs, looks very pretty. I posted a link to update announcement earlier but screenshots do not do it justice, just like screenshots of animated wallpapers.

Don't know if it has any other use yet.
    Not surprising you missed the actual improvements:

Google said it will feature apps at the top of its Android Market home and category pages using a carousel that users can swipe. You 'found' that one.

There are also two new categories for widgets and live wallpapers (woohoo - awesome. NOT), as well as an option to see related content on an app details page to discover similar apps (while THAT is actually useful and most likely will help a bit more in discovering more apps). And Google said it will be adding more categories for popular applications and games in the weeks to come. (one can hope).

Now, if only developers would actually create *more* useful apps.

So, trep, the only relevant question is *HOW* did you upgrade your Android Market app (mind you, I did the same on my Galaxy - I'm just curious how you did).

Plus, still waiting on which version of Android you are running on your Acer. Did you upgrade it?

vCash
    Thanks

^ Could you just shut up. For once. Please?

The fight with Trep is getting boring.

Stop stalking. He is not even addressing you anymore.
    Last edited by snigger; 23rd December 2010 at 06:45.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

(sigh) Oh joy, now I earned the fun honor to be stalked by the troll kid. (sigh)

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    (sigh) Oh joy, now I earned the fun honor to be stalked by the troll kid. (sigh)
    The same way you stalk Trep you mean? Why don't you just leave him alone? The guy doesn't even talk to you anymore.

You are a flamer. Go away.

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by baksiidaa View Post
    spitting out false information
    What false information? That my iPhone doesn't drop calls/loses signal when you hold it? '

How would you know what my phone does?

I'm spitting out false information. The guy who actually OWNS the phone.

But you, someone who has never even HELD an iPhone 4 is able to give us accurate information about the device.

Did I get that right?

---------- Post added at 08:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 ----------

Baksiidaa, you're such a phony.

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

So, once some levels criticism at snigger (or any of his multiple nicknames), he basically snaps, and goes off the deep end?
    I respond.

You can do this. You say something. I say something.

You let what you said stand (if you think what you said was true and correct, then nothing more needs to be said right?), instead everytime I catch someone saying something false/wrong (like baksiidaa every other post) he comes back like a little bitch screaming and yelling.

Basically saying , you caught me, I am embarrassed so now we are going to fight and I will distract everyone from what I originally said.

In the end, people don't even remember what the guy said to begin with.

It's rather funny.

---------- Post added at 08:12 ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 ----------

like you...

Now I am stalking you, right? But, you are NOT stalking Trep. Right?

So, now you want to distract everyone from the fact that ALL you have done since you made this profile is stalk Trep. Even after he put you on ignore and is not even addressing you anymore, all you do is stalk him.

How much of a loser do you have to be to fight with someone who is ignoring you.

But you wont address this, because you know I am right. What you will do is come back and talk about how I am the one stalking and I should shut up.

Right?

Give me a break.

I'll stop when you stop stalking Trep (the guy who is not talking to you). OK?

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Is that kid always like this? When's the point where he gets banned again?

Can we, maybe get back on topic and discuss future Android devices (or even iPhones, for crying out loud) instead of indulging his stalking obsession?

vCash
    Thanks

instead of indulging his stalking obsession?
    Ignoring the issue with your obsession with Trep. What about you and Trep? Answer that.

I am saying that you should leave ME and TREP alone. Then you try to turn it back on me.

Nice try, but it didn't work.
    Last edited by snigger; 23rd December 2010 at 10:03.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

So, what future Android devices are there to look forward to?

vCash
    Thanks

In addition to Market update I mentioned earlier, over in the US Google just added AT&T as the second carrier after T-Mobile to allow charging for Market apps on customers' phone bills instead of credit cards.

Probably the best way to go in countries like Thailand.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Possibly - albeit adding fees to phone bills, while great for carriers, is not that beneficial to consumers - why they don't just open the market in all regions, and let the consumers decided how to pay, I don't understand. Sure doesn't sound that 'open' to me.

Apple does the same, but they essentially open the markets much faster, at least the ones they have full control over (i.e app store) - plus, you can use a variety of payment or registration methods. Seriously, though, honest question - Google controls their app store, so why don't they just open it up to all regions their phones are sold in, and be done with it. If they can *add* a pay by carrier method later down the road, no loss to anyone, and it only additionally benefits everyone. It seems Google cares much more about satisfying carriers, than it does about their consumers. Apple appears to be the opposite.

vCash
    Thanks

Galaxy S is 18,900 baht. People can argue if iPhone's display is better but Galaxy's is certainly bigger, and they put live Christmas wallpapers on display phones in the stores now so Galaxy looks just awesome.

My Acer has dropped to 12,900, half of an iPhone, and it's a very very good value considering it falls into the same category.

Galaxy has two other models, btw, 5 and 3, covering all price ranges. I don't know if Samsung plans to keep any phones on their old, proprietary firmware. Their open source Bada platform is probably going to die off, maybe they'll make some new WP7, which will confirm separation of hardware and software in phone business, just like in PC world some twenty years ago.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Galaxy S is 18,900 baht. People can argue if iPhone's display is better but Galaxy's is certainly bigger
    Awesome for those with bad vision - albeit the resolution is still less, making for a less sharp display ('less sharp' is of course misleading - both displays are adequately sharp for most tasks. Small fonts are far more legible on the iPhone retina display, than on the Galaxy model (don't forget, I have both phones, and can compare - you don't). (well, I had both, until I bricked my Galaxy S over this weekend.)

and they put live Christmas wallpapers on display phones in the stores now so Galaxy looks just awesome.
    I guess that really will work for the intended market of Buddhists in Thailand.

My Acer has dropped to 12,900, half of an iPhone, and it's a very very good value considering it falls into the same category.
    Which might be a good deal - you still have failed to explain what version of Android "your Acer" runs, if it is updatedable, and if you had updated it (and if so, what did it take)?

"very good value" means very little without context.

vCash
    Thanks

My Acer has dropped to 12,900
    Is this the entry point for an Android phone? Never knew that Acer made phones...

vCash
    Thanks

No, the entry point is around 5,000 for smaller displays and slower CPUs, and Acer offers the cheapest one, I believe. There's Galaxy 5 in the same price range, than LG Optimus 1, Galaxy 3, another Acer a bunch of cheaper HTCs and so on.

Acer made PDAs for ages, add telephony bits and you get a smartphone. Now they have 1Ghz phone called Stream for 18k, that's the reason my Liquid was pushed down. Also the marketing realities - no one has ever heard of Acer phones and so no one buys them. And they've also got Acer Ferrari, which is the same Liquid as me but with Ferrari looks for fans, 21k.

Samsung Galaxy S is on course to sell 10 mil phones by now, very respectable for a single Android model.

Today there's a special smartphone round up in the Nation, so far I can't find any references to apps on Android, they just go on about features, cameras, displays and catchy slogans. Don't know if they mentioned AppStore in their iPhone review either. Apparently that's not what actually sells, people get hooked up on looks and prices and brand names, I guess, everything else comes later.

Ray
    vCash
    Thanks

Android OS is not truly upgradeable

I read these threads with interest as I am wanting to purchase an Android OS phone

From my readings it seems most Android 2.1 can not be upgraded to 2.2, as it seems the Manufacturers must makes changes for the Android upgrade to happen.........and most manufacturers will not

If this is true, a Manufacturer change is required, then this does not look good for the Android OS ! as it is not truly upgradeable

eg: a 1.5 can be upgraded to a 1.6 only !

Therefore I will only buy a phone with 2.2 Android already installed, I am sure many new Android 2.2 will arrive in 2011

any replies or reactions welcomed

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast