-->
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Android models to look forward to in the coming months.

vCash
    Thanks

Some Android models to look forward to in the coming months.

LG has some very exciting products in the works.

The first is the Optimus 2x, the world's first dual core smartphone. It packs tegra 2 which is supposed to have beastly video performance. The phone is supposed to launch next month in Korea followed by other markets.

Here's some of the features they list in the article:

1Ghz Dual-core Processor (NVIDIA Tegra 2)
    4-inch WVGA screen
    8GB memory (up to 32GB via microSD)
    1,500 mAh battery
    8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera
    HDMI mirroring
    DLNA compatibility
    1080p MPEG-4/H.264 playback and recording
    Android 2.2 "Froyo" out of the box, with upgradeability to 2.3 "Gingerbread"

DailyTech - LG Unveils World's First Dual-core Smartphone

Then there's the LG B, which we should see previewed at CES on January 6th. It looks like they've one upped both AMOLED and Retina in terms of brightness and power efficiency. I'll be interested to see the technical specs during CES. It is also supposed to be the thinnest smartphone while packing a 4" screen. The comparisons show it thinner than both the Galaxy S and iphone 4. Looks very promising and an altogether an impressive piece of hardware.

[EXCLUSIVE] LG B Android Phone: Super Slim, Super Bright | Android Phone Fans

Regular User Array Logic Dictates's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I got the Samsung Galaxy 3 here for just 6,100 baht. If you want to get a decent Android phone for a reasonable price then I would say this is the model to get. All the features you want with only these two drawbacks:
    1) No 'double-touch' input (do you really need this?)
    2) Currently stuck at Android 2.1 (they definitely will upgrade to 2.2 they tell me)

Sure, if you have lots of bucks and have tried the Android out and really like it then I would say go for a more elaborate phone. LG looks to be getting better and better all of the time but are they as good as Samsung?

Review of the phone:
    Samsung Galaxy 3 Review - Phone Arena
    “Mentor: Someone whose hindsight can become your foresight”
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~ Albert Pine

vCash
    Thanks

"Double touch input" is for playing around with new Google Maps, for example, tilting the screen to see 3D buildings pop up on a map. Only a limited number of cities feature those 3D building and Bangkok, of course, isn't there, so I guess we can live without double touch for now.

New Google maps came with the list of supported devices, btw - not all features work on all phones. That's the general direction of Android apps and "fragmentation", I guess.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

He means multi-touch. Let me guess, trep's phone doesn't have multi-touch, so he has declared that's not really needed.

....or do you even know what multi-touch is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaQcwDLX2bs

Interesting phone, the Galaxy 3 - nice low end model, though, with a lot of decent features, though apparently no 3G (I guess that's where the cost cutting comes in).

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    ....or do you even know what multi-touch is?
    multi-touch - I think that is the nice feature on the iPhone where if you touch the sides you activate that cool antennae turn-off feature

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Logic Dictates View Post
    multi-touch - I think that is the nice feature on the iPhone where if you touch the sides you activate that cool antennae turn-off feature
    What's that supposed to do? I haven't found that one on mine yet? You think maybe it's broken?

vCash
    Thanks

I think that is the nice feature on the iPhone where if you touch the sides you activate that cool antennae turn-off feature
    I have an iPhone 4.

I will give you mine. If you can make the signal die by touching it anywhere I'll give you 100,000 baht.

vCash
    Thanks

Are you commenting in this thread because you want to buy an Android now or are you just being an asshole?

vCash
    Thanks

Are you commenting in this thread because you want to buy an Android now or are you just being an asshole?
    This thread is about Android. Why are you bringing up iPhone?

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

as far as Android, what I think is very clear.

It doesn't matter how many cores the next Android phone has, because here in Thailand, it'll be on dial up EDGE.

vCash
    Thanks

List of Androids that support multi-touch in Google Maps 5

Galaxy S
    Droid
    Droid X
    Droid 2
    Droid Incredible
    Evo
    Nexus S
    G2

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snigger View Post
    as far as Android, what I think is very clear.

It doesn't matter how many cores the next Android phone has, because here in Thailand, it'll be on dial up EDGE.
    Cthulu already said he used his Galaxy S on True's 3g network. Until the phone is released in Thailand, this kind of comment is nothing more than talking out of your ass. If you don't have anything relevant to say about the thread topic, then there are a dozen other threads filled with iPhone drivel that you can comment on.

Just so we are clear. This thread isn't about if you like or hate Android OS. It is about up and coming Android models for the next few months.

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

I will give you mine. If you can make the signal die by touching it anywhere I'll give you 100,000 baht.
    Lets meet up today so I can take you up on your offer. Ok?
    Last edited by baksiidaa; 20th December 2010 at 14:25.

vCash
    Thanks

All Android phones here support 3G on TOT, I bet a lot of them support True, too.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baksiidaa View Post
    Cthulu already said he used his Galaxy S on True's 3g network. Until the phone is released in Thailand, this kind of comment is nothing more than talking out of your ass.
    Agreed - and yes, the Galaxy S worked just fine on the 850MHz band.

I do know that many other Android phones did not. WHat about trep's ACER - does it work on 3G in Thailand?

I do feel that future phones most likely will support a wider range of bands.

vCash
    Thanks

If you don't have anything relevant to say about the thread topic, then there are a dozen other threads filled with iPhone drivel that you can comment on.
    I already said something relevant to the thread. Doesn't matter how many cores you put in them. I wouldn't buy it.

You go ahead and buy that one dual core in the next couple of months and then I will put it next to my iPhone 4 and the differences between them in terms of performance and everyday use will be next to nothing.

Just so we are clear. This thread isn't about if you like or hate Android OS. It is about up and coming Android models for the next few months.
    The upcoming Android models will be brand new out of the box with an outdated OLD version of Android.

That's what I know for sure.

Lets meet up today so I can take you up on your offer. Ok?
    Sure.

Nothing happens to my iPhone 4 when you cover the antenna band.

The bars drop 1 or 2 from 5 like any other phone. My blackberry does the same. I've had my Blackberry Bold drop from -60dBm to -90dBm by me covering the bottom of the phone with two hands.

So, the iPhone dropping 1 or maybe 2 is nothing. It's just like any other phone. Nothing happens. Nothing drops.

If it did I would have returned it the first day.

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by trep View Post
    All Android phones here support 3G on TOT
    That's on another band. and where are you supposed to be sitting to get TOT 3G? Siam Paragon Lobby?

Quote Originally Posted by trep View Post
    I bet a lot of them support True, too.
    Other than the Motorola Milestone name me another one?

If Cthulhu's Galaxy S worked on the 850mhz band, it means that he had an Australian version of the Galaxy S.

Thailand version Galaxy S

SAMSUNG mobile - GALAXY S

Network
    HSUPA 900/1900/2100

EDGE/GPRS 850/ 900/1800/1900

Australia version Galaxy S

Samsung GALAXY S - GALAXY S - Smartphone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

Band GSM / EDGE Band 850 / 900 / 1,800 / 1,900
    3G Band 850 / 1,900 / 2,100
    Last edited by snigger; 20th December 2010 at 15:17.

vCash
    Thanks

I already said something relevant to the thread. Doesn't matter how many cores you put in them. I wouldn't buy it.
    That's fine. The phone isn't for everyone. Now move on unless you have something to contribute to the discussion on upcoming Android phones. Again, the topic isn't about your opinion on Android OS.

The upcoming Android models will be brand new out of the box with an outdated OLD version of Android.

That's what I know for sure.
    This isn't uncommon. Most phones aren't loaded with the latest OS, especially if there are any recent releases. If you reread my original post then you'll see that LG has already said that the new Optimus 2x (star) will come loaded with 2.2 but can be immediately upgraded to 2.3.

Sure.

Nothing happens to my iPhone 4 when you cover the antenna band.

The bars drop 1 or 2 from 5 like any other phone. My blackberry does the same. I've had my Blackberry Bold drop from -60dBm to -90dBm by me covering the bottom of the phone with two hands.

So, the iPhone dropping 1 or maybe 2 is nothing. It's just like any other phone. Nothing happens. Nothing drops.

If it did I would have returned it the first day.
    Where can you meet? I work in the Ratchada area. Are you still good for the 100,000 Baht if I take phone to the top of my Condo building or other building? True is notorious for getting poor reception in a lot of buildings in Bangkok so we'll see what happens when the phone has only 2-3 bars to begin with. My boss switched to True. He likes the 3g but because he lives in Patum Thani, there are certain spots in his house where he loses reception.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast