Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung LIES. New Galaxy Tab NOT thinner than iPad 2

Contributing Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneuser View Post
    You obviously have never held a new Air in your hands
    I have, multiple times. And im not trying to prove its thinner than the Air, honestly i dont give a rats ass which is thinner. Their both thin! Their both light! If one device is 2 friggin' millimeters thinner i dont care! Samsung Series 9 is a great computer, just like the MacBook Air is. However, you cant seem to comprehend that someone other than apple is able to make a proper ultra thin laptop. Just like you cant comprehend Samsung being able to make a thinner tablet than the ipad.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneuser View Post
    I've ready responded to this by giving example on the Xoom thread. The iPad apps are NOT stretched out versions of the iPhone. They look very different.

The example I gave was Evernote.
    Now you are talking about an individual app being made for the larger screen. I'm talking about the OS itself which is basically a clone of the ipod touch blown up. The majority of time on a tablet device for people will be spent in the web browser, os email app, and maybe the google maps apps. Thats where Android blows apple away in innovation. ios = last generation. Honeycomb and future dedicated tablet OS's = the future.

You responded to my posts over a series of about 3-4 posts, each with multiple post merges in them. You gotta sooth that anger, bro. Your posts are getting longer and longer. Thanks for providing me with morning entertainment though.

vCash
    Thanks

Thanks for providing me with morning entertainment though.
    You read this crap and find it amusing? Real man of steel.

iPhoneuser is going for a record, longest post on ajarn with most "updates" merged into it. Just don't interrupt him and he might get ten updates in a row.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trep View Post
    You read this crap and find it amusing? Real man of steel.
    Its entertaining seeing someone who knows so little claim so much and then get angry about it. All of his posts consist of google'ed information, pictures from google image search, and videos from youtube. We should dig up those old posts about how traveling to mbk is superior to using torrents to download tv shows and movies.

iPhoneuser is going for a record, longest post on ajarn with most "updates" merged into it. Just don't interrupt him and he might get ten updates in a row.
    I kind of want to see this. Next time I'll let him keep posting.

Contributing Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Funny

Quote Originally Posted by baksiidaa View Post
    We should dig up those old posts about how traveling to mbk is superior to using torrents to download tv shows and movies.
    He said that?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That made my morning Time to eat breakfast! (Well, lunch for normal people, breakfast for people who wake's up late )

vCash
    Thanks

He said?? HAHA
    Yeah, it was a long exchange but the thread name escapes me now. Something about mobile internet options to replace bad wifi in the apartment.

He knows a nice shop where he buys all his movies and TV shows once a week and he honestly thought that all local markets have the same selection and quality and so downloading torrents was out, buying pirated DVDs was in.

vCash
    Thanks

Found these old gems. jlsdfgb = sl4ve = iphoneuser

Quote Originally Posted by jlsdfgb View Post
    They are trying to prevent motherfuckers such as yourself hogging up the bandwidth to download fucking pirated movies when you can go buy a pile of them in Pantip for 100 baht a pop.

Also, you are forgetting you have unlimited WiFi access. Every mall I go to hasTRUE WiFi access. If you really want to download something big, go have a nice lunch where they have a true move spot and download away.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlsdfgb View Post
    Trep is just trying to get a rise out of people.

Anyone that sits there and wastes their data/bandwidth downloading crap when they are in Thailand! Is a fucking loser and an absolute moron. You can get anything you want here in Thailand. I got AVATAR just when it came out on the Theater. It was an official release that said "Don't distribute. Property of such and such pictures" at the beginning. So, it was a real master copy while it was here on the theater. Perfect DVD. I got it for $100 baht at the local Home Works.

There's a guy there that has everything. Yes, including whatever season of whatever series I want. But I have cable so I just watch them on TV.

You think I am going to spend my time downloading torrents? Yea right. It's fucking THAILAND! You can get anything for 100 baht.
    Quote Originally Posted by sl4ve View Post
    I don't have time to sit and download things. When I need stuff I have a place near where I live. I tell the guy what I need. I go have a relaxing dinner. Come back and it's all done.

Why do it when I can have someone else do it for me. I'd rather be out 100 baht than 1GB of my monthly 3G monthly allowance on something I can just pick up across the street.
    Sounds like a 20 minute walk at MBK.
    Downloading movies and TV shows is a waste and will eat up your allowance in no time.

Buying them is the way to go. This is Thailand, you can find these things anywhere.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by panhunger View Post
    Why is Apple a closed system?
    as opposed to who? Android? You think that is "open"? In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by panhunger View Post
    In the end, isn't that going to lose them market share?
    It certainly hasn't stopped them from holding a market dominating position. The average consumer couldn't care less.

The "open" argument only matters to extremely hardcore geek/nerds of the Linux / open source persuasion. Everybody else doesn't care.

---
    Mine ends with a "4"

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Right, right, am I to assume that you can actually read and understand Android code? That you have actually done it yourself and so you are qualified to make statements regarding Honeycomb origins?
    "Android code" - just the way you preface and describe it makes it more than obvious that I'm more qualified to evaluate it than you ever will be.

Speaking of Honeycomb code - afaik it has NOT been released publicly yet at all, just documentation for developers, not the code itself. If you posting some internet gossip at least preface it with "I heard" or "I read". Giving a link to the source is also welcome and a sign of courtesy. Not sure you understand the concept, though.
    That's actually funny, *you* lecturing about courtesy - what's next, Baksiidaa lecturing on honesty?

Honeycomb code is available as part of the Android SDK, including a simulator, as well as code that could be recompiled for any other device.

This is all public knowledge, but most of all, it's very obviously discussed and made available at xda-developers, where various developers have already ported it to all kinds of devices.

Not that you'd understand any of that.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Its entertaining seeing someone who knows so little claim so much
    you're correct - part of the charm of reading your messages, albeit trep has you beat in the "knows so little" category.

---
    Mine ends with a "4"

vCash
    Thanks

Ok, this is where I know that Honeycomb's source code is not released to the general public yet

Google keeping Honeycomb source code on ice, says it's not ready for other devices -- Engadget

What is available on xda-developers forum exactly?

That blog contains a nice reference to "tablet only", too.

What do you smoke to charge into this anti-open crusade against Android?

You claim a lot for yourself - the ability to read and understand Android source code, the deep knowledge of how Honeycomb is not really a tablet version and so on. Can you demonstrate any knowledge on the subject at all?

vCash
    Thanks

Like symbols, Cthulhu likes to pretend that he has a vast knowledge of all things technical. We may not know random tidbits about certain apple products as well as him, but when it comes to technical knowledge, its easy to see from posts how little cthulhu and jlsdfgb actually know. No real surprise as the stereotypical apple user is normally one that knows very little and talks a whole lot.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

You claim a lot for yourself - the ability to read and understand Android source code, the deep knowledge of how Honeycomb is not really a tablet version and so on. Can you demonstrate any knowledge on the subject at all?
    I could, but it's pointless, so why bother - you and Baksiidaa will simply declare any statements of mine to be irrelevant, or will decide (based on your own vast expertise of ....nothing) that I am incorrect, and we would then be left exactly where we are now.

I prefer, at this stage, to just know that *I* know what I am talking about, while you and Baksiidaa continuously demonstrate to anyone paying attention that you don't have the faintest idea about any technical aspects or concepts. Honestly, to me at least, this isn't an audience popularity contest.

What do you smoke to charge into this anti-open crusade against Android?
    How is it "open" - just because Andy Rubin, who is on record to have bullshitted on several previous occasions, says so - despite that his actions contradict his statements?

Let's do this - how do you define "open"?

Finally, if by your own declaration, Google hasn't released Honeycomb code, then how is it really "open" ?

What is available on xda-developers forum exactly?
    Ah, right, I forgot, the ability to read, as well as to conclude based on observations, eludes you. Here, let me help you:

Yes, please. (Honeycomb) - xda-developers

Nook Color Running Honeycomb From SDK | xda-developers

Honeycomb SDK Ported to the HTC EVO!!! | xda-developers

Android 3.0 Honeycomb Preview Image v04 - 2/7/2011 - xda-developers

Honeycomb’s Newest Family Member: the HTC Desire | xda-developers

HTC HD2 Checks-In at the Honeycomb Party, Sensefully Steals Several Gingerbread Cookies | xda-developers

Honeycomb on the Desire HD [Video & DL] - xda-developers

Android Honeycomb Ported to the Nexus One! | xda-developers

[Q] how to install honeycomb on htc hd2 - xda-developers

Let me take a stab at both your responses to this, okay:

B&T: "But these are not official releases, and hacks, so that doesn't count"
    Ct: "yeah, but didn't you say that "it's open", and isn't that what "being open" is all about?"
    B&T: "Lalalalalala.... we can't hear you ...... Lalalalalalala"
    B: (sudden shift in subject to something unrelated) "...and iOS is a dinosaur, and you and symbols should get a room, or something"
    T: (busy grooming his beard and talking to an imaginary girlfriend) "... and you haven't proven anything, and I'm busy living under a rock"

Like symbols, Cthulhu likes to pretend that he has a vast knowledge of all things technical. We may not know random tidbits about certain apple products as well as him, but when it comes to technical knowledge, its easy to see from posts how little cthulhu and jlsdfgb actually know. No real surprise as the stereotypical apple user is normally one that knows very little and talks a whole lot.
    QED - see, Baksiidaa proves me right within seconds.

vCash
    Thanks

Congratulations on figuring out how to use google. You've now achieved equal status to that of jlsdfgb.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Congratulations on yet again evading giving an answer, everytime that you are proven wrong -- you have quickly evolved to be the King of Dishonesty.

I'm surprised - no diminutive digs? I'm disappointed.

Sadly for you, these are the threads on xda that I actively follow, but then again, anything that doesn't agree with you must be "googled".

As we have already established, a minimum of familiarity with Google would potentially save you from repeat embarassment of looking like a fool (*cough* four icons *cough*)

Again, ironically, Symbols is contributing far more, even if just Googled, than you and trep are. You're basically just another of these typical nerd bullies, always boasting about "the latest thing", never really getting anything done, and getting quite flustered when someone comes along that knows more than you, and thus endangering your perceived position on the top of the crap heap.

If this was a face to face conversation, this would be the point where I would invite you to go and frak yourself.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast