Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, World (mango daily)

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Hello, World (mango daily)

Come check out http://www.mangodaily.com where we're building the largest online daily magazine about life in Thailand in the world!

Mangodaily.com is user driven, and we need your input.

You can:
    Send us material for the site. We need: Articles (one time, and recurring), Reviews, Your Experiences, etc.!

Let us host mirror copies of articles and information on your current website. .

Join and participate in the forums.

Post a blog. Whether it's daily, weekly, or whenever, email us and we'll set you up with an easy to use blog on http://www.mangodaily.com where you can have your say. We're looking for a maximum of ten bloggers, who can produce quality on a regular basis. Your life and experiences in LoS for the world to see!
    Want to write a book? We're not Dokya or The Nation yet, but we're interested in publishing it!

Create a link to http://www.mangodaily.com on your website, profile, or blog.

Check back regularly for updates. They will happen often.

Anytime you submit content for Mango, we'll always give you a free link back to your email, blog, profile, or website. It's a great way to get free exposure, and increase your search engine ranking!

vCash
    Thanks

I hope that since you've posted this that Ajarn Forum has been linked prominently on your site....

Added after 2 minutes:

Ok...I see you have....another Thailand site using the Fontok font. Glad I didn't use it now.
    LDMA - Ajarn Forum Admin
    -------
    Don't get me wrong - I don't want a 'serious' board but I'd like posts to be either genuinely amusing, informative and/ or thought provoking.
    Ian McNamara - July 2000

A clash with the management will not serve the purpose of your inner peace and therefore will deprive you from happiness. Thai Language School DOS, 2009

Only the bad person say the bad thing about the good thing.
    Anon. Thai DOS

vCash
    Thanks

Come check out http://www.mangodaily.com where we're building the largest online daily magazine about life in Thailand in the world!
    Not much to check out - didn't take long!

Rather like opening a bar with no girls!

Check back regularly for updates. They will happen often.
    Let's hope so - long way to go to fulfill the description above!

Send us material for the site. We need: Articles (one time, and recurring), Reviews, Your Experiences, etc.!
    What about? What's the angle? Why should I write articles there when I can happily post here or elsewhere?

p.s. Not trying to be negative but it's late and I'm tired :smile:

p.p.s Don't shout at me for flaming a newbie - it's just that I was so impressed with the grand opening announcement and now I feel kind of deflated :sad:
    Excuse me for not taking this seriously .....

Senior Member Array Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

What's the betting that dick Ian Trimble is the 'mastermind' behind this wonderful site?

vCash
    Thanks

Well, not wanting to slag off yet another wannabe Thailand lifestyle masterpiece, but now the front page consists of a Yahoo RSS feed, which suggests that he doesn't actually have much content of his own. I'd look at writing your own material before you start asking others to contribute theirs for your benefit. Set the example maybe.

Aside from that the design is awful, most content links are just lists of links, so what the links link is for is quite beyond me. I see a fledgeling phpbb forum has suddenly sprung up too. As a newcomer in an already quite crowded market it needs an angle that isn't around already, and frankly I don't see it.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LDMA
    Well, not wanting to slag off yet another wannabe Thailand lifestyle masterpiece, but now the front page consists of a Yahoo RSS feed, which suggests that he doesn't actually have much content of his own. I'd look at writing your own material before you start asking others to contribute theirs for your benefit. Set the example maybe.

Aside from that the design is awful, most content links are just lists of links, so what the links link is for is quite beyond me. I see a fledgeling phpbb forum has suddenly sprung up too. As a newcomer in an already quite crowded market it needs an angle that isn't around already, and frankly I don't see it.
    These cow boys could learn alot from you and Bangkok Phil your an inspiration to many.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHAD
    Quote Originally Posted by LDMA

These cow boys could learn alot from you and Bangkok Phil your an inspiration to many.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

vCash
    Thanks

Agreed. How would any of you like to moderate this place with the bunch of eccentric crazies we have. Plus you have to keep an eye on the young riff raff as well. LMDA is doing an admirable job. My hat is off to you.
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

HMS Kingfisher .... Array Jonah!'s Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Jesus Gents, why have you got to knock the poor guy down?

That was my exact thought after reading this thread. The guy needs a bit of support and all he gets is kick in the teeth.

vCash
    Thanks

I may have started it! I didn't really mean to.

I just saw a spectacular announcement with nothing behind it! The OP was asking for some substance for his site and I didn't really know what he wanted?

Importantly the OP has not bothered to respond to this thread. Maybe he doesn't care what we think, or maybe he is busy writing something for his site (Or maybe he's been in the pub all weekend :chug: )

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog
    What's the betting that duck Ian Trimble is the 'mastermind' behind this wonderful site?
    A bit of Internet sleuthing reveals that the site is registered to one Jonathan Semenick of 1240 N. Broadway #102, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA.

The guy, with his partner, also runs a site http://www.cemenuk.org/ which is for a boarding school that allegedly cares for victims of child sex trafficking.

vCash
    Thanks

God Damn Sherlock good work!!! :chug:

vCash
    Thanks

And just to continue the sleuthing, Semenick has also written an ebook about Thai amulets, sells amulets on eBay, and runs an amulet-related site at
    www.phrasomdej.com.

vCash
    Thanks

I don't know how to develop a site - I don't know how to help improve his site because he still hasn't been arsed to come on here and tell me what he would like me to write for him!

He clearly isn't very interested in this site or its opinions and it appears was only using it for free advertising - which is fine by me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast