Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google+ Anyone rocking it yet?

vCash
    Thanks

Google+ Anyone rocking it yet?

Got my G+ account set up finally, and the issue I had posted about has been resolved. My name is now wide open out on Google, but so are the 10 or so other people with the same name, and the 5 or so fake accounts on every service in the universe with that name too. Mmm, noise.

Anyone looking for G+ invites?

I can say that so far, I quite like it. I'm not big on social networking as an idea, since it gets the paranoid tin-foil hat inside me stirring, but I can't deny the usefulness of the platform and how much I actually like the visual aesthetic of working in G+. The mobile app is really, really nice though. Years better than any Facebook/Qzone app I have used. To be fair, the Weibo and Kaixin001 apps are better, and I like the Renren app better for that network as well. On a pure Android FB vs G+ though, the G+ app stomps the FB app, even at this early stage in development, not even a contest.

EDIT: This thread is now for talking about/discussing/gushing/hating on G+.
    Last edited by Citan; 26th July 2011 at 15:53. Reason: Cleard Up
    Is le He.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Google+ User Interface

Services
    Delete profile and social features Delete profile and remove associated social features
    Delete account Close account and delete all services and info associated with it
    Damn... that makes it all worth while right there. One click away from salvation.

vCash
    Thanks

I like it - once it's set up nicely I'll be inviting all my old Facebook contacts to jump across.I like the feature to open Twitter and Facebook inside G+ - and the privacy options and circles work nicely.

They're having some problems with the Android app so far - eating rather too much power for it's own good. Hopefully they'll have it sorted before everyone gives up on it.
    ~The beginning is the word and the end is silence.
    And in between are all the stories. This is one of mine~

Windoze Basher Array theanimaster's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I got an invite before, but the invite said I'm not actually in yet. WTF is up with that?

---Update---

Edit: I'm in now~!!
    I wish I could afford to make just a dollar a year.

Just Buy a Mac

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

So far I added -1 , a nice bit of code to smarten up the site (background is a little creamy, making posts stand out nicely), and a couple of extensions for Chromium. Google has managed to make a big impact here - Google One extension being a major starting point - feeds and emails and now G+. Identi.ca still punches through on the OSD but has been a little quieter due to G+

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben2talk View Post
    They're having some problems with the Android app so far - eating rather too much power for it's own good. Hopefully they'll have it sorted before everyone gives up on it.
    Awwwww.... what a darn shame..... Doesn't seem to be a problem with iPhones...

Quote Originally Posted by theanimaster View Post
    I got an invite before, but the invite said I'm not actually in yet. WTF is up with that?
    Their invitation processing was overloaded for a while. Glad you finally got in.

The biggest advantage of Google+ = it's not Facebook.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Doesn't seem to be a problem with iPhones...
    Not according to complaints I've been hearing - they said it was only available in the US store, won't run at all on an iPad, people are complaining it's very crashy on iOS4 and it took about a month before it was approved too!

It was sometime last month someone told me their battery drained pretty quick after they installed it, so it's probably been cleared up by now. Anyone care to comment on this?

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Since you have a history of lying to promote your troll agenda, I think it's safe to assume any of your 'arguments' .

vCash
    Thanks

Recent complaint about iOS version of Google+ crashing

You could find better things to do with your time than make lame accusations.

As one of the biggest trolls on the forum I doubt, however, that you will.

I simply invited anyone with experience of the Google+ app to comment if they are using it - it's early days and I hardly expect that any version is yet fully polished.

the delay in the app's launch may be nothing to do with quality or Apple's exhaustive test procedures.

Normal anti-trust style behaviour from Apple.
    Last edited by Ben2talk; 27th July 2011 at 16:28.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Like I said - you have evolved zero credibility for any statement of yours, as you are nothing but troll / agenda drive.

vCash
    Thanks

You should stay on topic, rather than waste time attacking people and trolling around.
    If you feel that the above statements and reports have no credibility, then feel free to ignore them. The fact is that there were many reports earlier this month about Apple messing around and delaying the launch of the iOS versions of Google plus - and when they did serve it through their app store, they offered an unfinished version to start with - before Google managed to get it changed to the latest version.

On the contrary, it seems to be you with the Troll agenda - stating that iOS has no issues or problems. I am confident that all Google+ apps will have some issues, as does Google+ itself. What we're interested in, here, is more whether Google can make this a serious contender for Facebook - which I hope everyone agrees needs to be toppled from the pinnacle.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben2talk View Post
    You should stay on topic, rather than waste time attacking people and trolling around.
    You should heed your own advice.

vCash
    Thanks

2 people asked for invites, I will get them just as soon as I get a reliable connection. Also, do please send me your email address so I know whom to invite One of you forgot yours.

El Jefe Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Anyone can PM me for invites if they want one. I've been on the Google+ since the second or third day of it. I scored an invite using one of the many "holes" that Google had during those first few days.

Google+ is ok, it's not the be all end all that some people seem to think it is, at least not until there are a lot more people on it. I do like how I can control how people interact with me and what information they get. To do the same, I need to have two Facebook accounts.
    Are you actually reading this? Do you think I care?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whitey For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks

OMG Whitey! Long time no see mate. How are things going?

Okay those two people got their invites. Yea it is okay... I'm just not super into the social networking thing I guess, or my friends don't post much perhaps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast