-->

Thread: Steve Jobs resigning as Apple CEO

vCash
    Thanks

Steve Jobs resigning as Apple CEO

Apple CEO Steve Jobs Resigns, Recommends Cook as Succesor - Bloomberg

Apple Inc. (AAPL) Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs said he’s resigning and recommended Tim Cook be named his successor.
    Jobs said he would like to continue as chairman.

Fallen Apple: Steve Jobs resigns - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blog Term Sheet

We've got to assume that this is health related although I hope he is ok and is able to fight this. As my Dad is a prostate cancer survivor I can somewhat relate with what his family/friends are going through. As much as I don't like Apple's methods as a company, Steve is a guy that has helped pushed technology far beyond where it would have been without him. We need guys like him to keep other companies on their toes. Any techy has got to admire what he has accomplished.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Not entirely unexpected - yet handled in the orderly manner we have come to expect from Jobs.

I entirely agree with Baksiidaa's synopsis - and while it seems obvious that this is still health related, I hope that Steve will continue to be able to contribute in whatever diminished role he has opted for. It really sucks that such ill health strikes someone like Jobs, who has contributed so much, and continues to do so.

Apple - Press Info - Letter from Steve Jobs

August 24, 2011

Letter from Steve Jobs

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

Windoze Basher Array theanimaster's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

One can expect no less from a person who earns a salary of $2 a year. Now ~that~ is dedication. Anyways, he's earned a break. Perhaps he's foreseen the world covered in water and electronics no longer useful for whatever's to come.................... Steve Jobs has seen shit no one else on the face of the planet has, but I try to convince myself that Apple indeed isn't just Steve Jobs, but all the great heads -- Jonathan Ive amongst the others... as Steve himself put it: Apple is a team of great people.
    I wish I could afford to make just a dollar a year.

Just Buy a Mac

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Windoze Basher Array theanimaster's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theanimaster View Post
    One can expect no less from a person who earns a salary of $2 a year.
    Correction: $1 a year!

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theanimaster View Post
    One can expect no less from a person who earns a salary of $2 a year.
    i suspect his stock's doing alright for him though. that'd be a dangerous precedent to follow for compensating CEOs in general. it works for Jobs because Appun was his pet project. linking compensation to heavily to stock performance didn't work out to well at Enron.