-->

Thread: iPhone; getting it unlocked

Established User Array mattyuniform's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

iPhone; getting it unlocked

Anyone had their iPhone unlocked? How did you do it?

Im getting stupid quotes from shops from 40-60 but don't trust them. What happens if it doesn't work once away from UK?

Quick answers welcome, sat in coffee shop contemplating next move.
    Stinky tofu smells like poo.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Have you tried requesting to see if your carrier will let you unlock it? I've heard that at least with AT&T, they'll unlock iphones once they are out of contract. A co-worker came from the US recently and had his phone unlocked when he got here. The shop had to use a special unlock adapter that fits against the sim card. Maybe that's why the price they are quoting is so expensive. I think in LOS it costs about 500 baht or so for the kit and the unlock.

Like this:

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattyuniform View Post
    Anyone had their iPhone unlocked? How did you do it?
    What do you have? I've a 3GS 16GB on iOS 5.1 untethered jailbreak. As a teacher I can't afford a 4S.

Find great information on Dev-Team Blog

vCash
    Thanks

Thanks guys, I'm all sorted. Called Orange and they are doing it for 20 no problems. Feel a bit safer knowing its with my service provider.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

You'll also have a *real* unlock that will last.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    You'll also have a *real* unlock that will last.
    Exactly. It was just funny how I asked 4 different places in the same town, each having a different way of doing it and different charges. Dodgy fuckers!

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Dodgy fuckers, indeed - particularly since the majority of unlocks are available at no charge from the right websites, if you go that route. What you have now is the best option.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    What do you have? I've a 3GS 16GB on iOS 5.1 untethered jailbreak. As a teacher I can't afford a 4S.

Find great information on Dev-Team Blog
    I'm a teacher with a 32gb 4s. I considered buying an older model to save money but I am more interested in the possibility of using the same phone for more than five years in the future.
    ~The beginning is the word and the end is silence.
    And in between are all the stories. This is one of mine~

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    The majority of Thais with iphone 4s can't afford them either. That's why they have 10 month 0% financing. Boggles me that people will do monthly payments for a phone. A house or a car I can understand, but a phone? A lot of these people are making 10-20K a month. I noticed today that True is offering 18 month financing for the Galaxy S3 that comes out next week. I guess the 10 month payment plan was too high. Ugh..

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Just means that they appear desperate to unload the Galaxy S3, by creating an artificially lower cost.

The iPhone and iPad are still on 10 month plans, it seems, and selling well for TRUE.

vCash
    Thanks

Just means that they appear desperate to unload the Galaxy S3, by creating an artificially lower cost.

The iPhone and iPad are still on 10 month plans, it seems, and selling well for TRUE.
    Only you would think that adding 18 months financing is a signal that they are desperate to sell or having trouble selling a yet to be released phone. I suppose by that logic, they were desperate to unload iphone's since they don't offer financing on the majority of other phones. Logic failure there, huhu.

If you knew anything about business then you'd realize that they are trying to target a larger audience to include lower income individuals, just as they did when they offered financing with the iphone. This also gives them a competitive advantage over DTAC who is only offering 10 month financing on the S3. What will huhu say to try to justify his argument when True offers the same 18 month financing for the next iphone release?

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baksiidaa View Post
    If you knew anything about business
    I do, and it's obvious that you don't.

What TRUE does in terms of financing offered has a lot more to do with financing incentives offered to them and historical sales of similar models.

The details of such deals would be too confusing, but Apple deals are invariably the same to every carrier (agreement to purchase a stipulated amount of iPhones, over a period of one year, and payment in cash at contract signing) - Samsung provides more flexible incentives, including letting carriers stock their phones for up to 12-months, and the ability to return unsold stock - at which point thus thread segue's into the market share thread from earlier.

vCash
    Thanks

I do, and it's obvious that you don't.

What TRUE does in terms of financing offered has a lot more to do with financing incentives offered to them and historical sales of similar models.

The details of such deals would be too confusing, but Apple deals are invariably the same to every carrier (agreement to purchase a stipulated amount of iPhones, over a period of one year, and payment in cash at contract signing) - Samsung provides more flexible incentives, including letting carriers stock their phones for up to 12-months, and the ability to return unsold stock - at which point thus thread segue's into the market share thread from earlier.
    You don't have a clue.

-S2 was 10 month financing just like the iphone 4s deal you refer to.
    -Financing deals are based on deals with individual financiers. Example:

-Looks like 18 month (and even 24) financing is already available through Citibank & First Choice. The next iphone will have 18 month financing as well.

Remind me again what it is what you do in Thailand? Where did you go to school and what did you study?

As usual, huhu making up crap along the way.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Why do I even bother?

Oh right, for the LULZ... Because you so easily get bent out of shape.