-->
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the TEFLer response to natural disasters ?

vCash
    Thanks

What is the TEFLer response to natural disasters ?

So tell me honestly what your going to do to ease the burden and pain of the 1000's affected by the tsunami ? Is it simply a matter of moaning about what other countries are doing ?

Surely you could do something more constructive ? Maybe pass the hat for donations ? Maybe conduct a fundraiser ? Maybe donate some hours with physical labor ?

Somebody tell me where I can send a donation that represents the good will of the TEFL teachers and I'll guarantee a donation.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Um, I suppose I'll keep paying my taxes (which are paying the soldiers and police who are helping out) and I think my school is planning on doing a school-wide fundraiser, to which I'll contribute. Wanna send money to us, or is the Red Cross good enough for you?

"Steven"

Added after 4 minutes:

Oh, and I might donate blood as well, as they've been asking for farang blood types to donate- but on the other hand, I might be ineligible for being in a "high risk group"- we'll have to see how that goes.
    "Teachers, we are having some technical problems with our PA system. If you are having any difficulty hearing this announcement, please send a student to the main office to let us know."

Heard in a U.S. Public School

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Sheesh.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Incidentally, a whole spectrum of international agencies who'll be helping out and who would appreciate contributions may be located here (at the moment):

www.democraticunderground.com

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: What is the TEFLer response to natural disasters ?

Quote Originally Posted by Storekeeper
    So tell me honestly what your going to do to ease the burden and pain of the 1000's affected by the tsunami ? Is it simply a matter of moaning about what other countries are doing ?

Surely you could do something more constructive ? Maybe pass the hat for donations ? Maybe conduct a fundraiser ? Maybe donate some hours with physical labor ?
    Naah.....I jus't want a beer. There's a football game on.....

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Look on the charity websites (red cross etc) and have your credit card to hand.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Snafu
    Quote Originally Posted by Storekeeper

Naah.....I jus't want a beer. There's a football game on.....
    Typical selfish response from snaf.
    Enjoy your beer and football snaf and be confident that if ever you catch fire I wouldnee waste my piss on you.

Think your funny? I think you are an arrogant, ignorant swine.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ijustwannateach
    Um, I suppose I'll keep paying my taxes (which are paying the soldiers and police who are helping out) and I think my school is planning on doing a school-wide fundraiser, to which I'll contribute. Wanna send money to us, or is the Red Cross good enough for you?

"Steven"

Added after 4 minutes:

Oh, and I might donate blood as well, as they've been asking for farang blood types to donate- but on the other hand, I might be ineligible for being in a "high risk group"- we'll have to see how that goes.
    Good to hear their are things you suppose, think or might do :chug: Now please please put me back on your ignorant button...Ooops I meant ignore

. Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I tried to donate blood at a hospital in Phuket, but the people who were saying they needed "farang blood" and the people who were collecting blood had their wires crossed.

If you've a rare blood type (Rh- especially) they might need you, but they were saying at the time they had full stocks of all Rh+ types and nowhere to put new supplies. That'll probably change over the coming week or so, though.
    - Reg

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I heard they were also asking people to save up and donate blood for New Year's, which is a disaster of a different sort...

vCash
    Thanks

You can make a cash donation to the Thai Red Cross at any 7-11 store as of today.

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Storekeeper
    I'm intrigued as to why you would start this thread (apart from to cause agro)
    Why would the TEFler response be any different to the response from any other human being?
    The worst job in Thailand must be the man who has to sit down with a blue marker pen and mark a number two on the two-baht coins to stop people thinking they are one-baht coins.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captain sensible
    Typical selfish response from snaf.
    Enjoy your beer and football snaf and be confident that if ever you catch fire I wouldnee waste my piss on you.

Think your funny? I think you are an arrogant, ignorant swine.

Missed the humour again did you?

I bet that I've done more volunteer work than your sorry arse.

I've donated blood, volunteered in a public school, and volunteered in a poor country for basically nothing. What have you done?

Think your a nuisance? Arrogant hater? Swine?

You are.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Missed the humour? hehe Snaf you couldnee be funny if you tried. You are one straight arsed oddball.
    You bet what you like snaf, you prolly aint got anything to bet with. Losers seldom do.
    Donating blood prolly got you a few biscuits and to you that would have been the motivator. Donated blood. Fuck me, what a fucking hero.

Get yer story straight snaf. Here you say you volunteered for basically nothing while in the other thread you volunteered for absolutely nothing. You cant even lie straight you bag o' shite.

You have likely forgotten how other posters viewed you when you supported me in the famous Captain vs Smiley wrangle only to change sides when I got banned. You are only ever on the side that suits your popularity you sad fuck.

Itold you I wouldnee ferget and I havent.

You are a sycophant of the weakest order you twat. When marko posts his opinion you agree with him no matter what he says.

Snaf, here is your chance you inert piece of dogshit. Click on my sig and give you selfish cunt. You might just feel good about yerself for once in your sad excuse for a life. Though I doubt it. You cant put brains in statues.

I have stepped in stuff more solid than you.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captain sensible
    You have likely forgotten how other posters viewed you when you supported me in the famous Captain vs Smiley wrangle only to change sides when I got banned. You are only ever on the side that suits your popularity you sad fuck.

NOT TRUE!! And you know that!!!

You are a sycophant of the weakest order you twat. When marko posts his opinion you agree with him no matter what he says.
    I don't always agree with Marko. I don't always agree with anyone. What are you talking about?!

Snaf, here is your chance you inert piece of dogshit. Click on my sig and give you selfish cunt.
    Give you my credit card numbers for you to finance your holiday? Uh-uh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast