-->

Thread: I want to volunteer

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I want to volunteer

To Whom It May Concern,

Swasdee Krap. I hope everyone is okay. I was in Pattaya during the earthquake and now I am home in America. I had the privilege of visiting your orphanage last week and spending a few days helping out with the children. I had a lot of fun. I am very interested in doing more volunteer work there. I used to live in Thailand. My fiancé is Thai and I am very familiar with the Thai culture and can speak minimal Thai.

I travel to Thailand twice every year fro periods of 3-8 weeks at a time. What do I have to offer. I can provide you with a resume or CV if you like. I am a teaching with the Los Angeles Unified School District, one of the largest in the world. I teach Middle School Special Education, ESL, and Literacy. I would love to volunteer my instructional services for any of your school programs for a few weeks. Most of the students I teacher here in LA or non-native speakers. I run many short-term literacy and thematic curriculum programs that vary in length from 2-6 weeks. This is in addition to my normal teaching duties. I can provide your students with a very stimulating and enriching learning experience developed around a theme such as school, shopping, nutrition, and Thai history.

I hope you can use my services as a volunteer. I will be in Thailand in May and June for six weeks and would like to have an opportunity to show you what I can offer as a volunteer. I am very open to the idea of making this a regular project too.

I hope to hear from you very soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Bruce Charles Willis, M.A.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

If you like volunteering, may I suggest teaching at a temple? Many temples offer free programs, and some of the larger ones in Bangkok offer English classes. Additionally, there is information on www.ajarn.com regarding volunteer teaching in various areas in Thailand. Check them out first. Good luck in your quest, and have a Heppy New Year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Hmm, just a little suggestion - you could change your log in name - "Whoopass" doesn't sound too good, does it?

Whoopass to volunteer or volunteer to Whoopass?

There are many folks here who forget that their e-mail addresses are dead giveaways in their resumes and CVs. "Contact me at redbigcock69@hotmail.com, I always loved teaching children" is a common line.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

'Your orphanage'?

I believe there are more than one my friend.

'Bruce Charles Willis'?

Sounds like a windup to me
    The first 10 million years were the worst
    And the next
    After that I went into a bit of a decline

Established User Array bluebear's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

My thoughts too.

Someone who couldnt be bothered changing a bog standard begging letter to suit the circumstances doesnt really endear themselves to potential employers.

And since we are on the subject you would think that a teacher of "literacy and thematic curriculum programs" would be able to spell and use question marks properly.

What do I have to offer.
    Most of the students I teacher here in LA or non-native speakers.
    Dont you just love that?