-->

Thread: Charity Wristbands

Manchesters Best Array mrsquirrel's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Charity Wristbands

The expression ‘Wear your heart on your sleeve’ could have been invented for the spineless, gurning, grinning, nice-boy, shallow misfits who wear these badges of honour up their skinny arms like Knights of Old, thundering into battle against world poverty, AIDS, battered wives and whales who never asked to be saved by fucking hippies.

If you don’t know what I’m on about, check the wrist of the next chinless student or OSCAR accepting vapid Hollywood clothes horse.

If you still don’t know what I’m talking about, you really should get out more, or move down from the nipple zone in the pictures of Maria Aguilera in your latest copy of Hello! Magazine.

Plastic charity wristbands.

I usually hover around the 8.2 mark on the ‘Lets nut the student for fun’ gauge. But the sight of half a dozen of these plastic fantastic moral high ground winning emblems nudges me instantly up to 9.7. It only requires them to utter the fatal words ‘Excuse me. Can I get to the bar?’ and its ‘Alakazammee – stairheed rammy’ time and I must once more promise to buy the bouncers a beer on my return.

Just the other night I am buying the beers, tranquillity exuding from every pore of my being on account of its a sunny evening and we have a big table in the beer garden, when a multi coloured plastic arm, armoured with the united colours of sanctimonious twat slides across the bar next to me, snagging the buttons on my Rolex Oyster Perpetual Daytona. A hanging offence itself in more well ordered times.

“Unhand me loon. Do not touch what you can’t afford. And what the fuck is all that about?” I enquire of the lisping poltroon.

“Ah, well the blue one is anti bullying, the red one is AIDS, the green one is endangered Marmosets, the yellow one is...”

“Shut the fuck up you shabby git with receding hair. That was not a question. It was a statement. You are well within my personal space so the next words you utter could well be ‘Nurse. What happened?’ I meant, what the fuck is it all about you thinking you can pay £2 for a poxy armband and that is your debt to the ills of society paid. That your multi colours arm means you can simper around the place, literally with your heart on your sleeve, demonstrating to the world what a caring, sharing cat you are, right deep down inside. Going to the G8 demo in Edinbrough are you? No? There’s a shock. Plan to work with AIDS victims in Zaire at any point? Help out with Shelter, Amnesty International, Oxfam or a breast cancer appeal? No? Heard of the 'Stop Caterkiller' campaign? No? Well fuck off out of my sight or I shall drag you to the gents and demonstrate wearing your heart on your sleeve as installation fucking art”.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

vCash
    Thanks

I lost interest when people started wearing brass ones to ward off, er, um, whatever brass ones ward off. Vampires I think. Or was it rheumatism? depression? hangovers?
    Migrated

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chang
    I lost interest when people started wearing brass ones to ward off, er, um, whatever brass ones ward off.
    Take care Chang, one of my merkin cowboy heroes, 'Marion Morrison', wore a copper bangle as he 'won the west' & 'fought the subversive apache'. Isn't it funny that merkin blokes are often given girls names.

vCash
    Thanks

Didn't Marion, such a macho figure, do a George Bush Jnr and figure a way to avoid fighting in the war cos he was a lily faced chicken s***.

By the way Mrsquirrel well said about them farkin wrist bands. Maybe you should wrap one round someones neck and string them up from the nearest lampost.
    It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right - Moliere

vCash
    Thanks

Another bandwagon thingy to line the pockets of some corporate cunts.....yawn
    Went to the north of England last week, I was up near Cambridge

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moleman
    Didn't Marion, such a macho figure, do a George Bush Jnr and figure a way to avoid fighting in the war cos he was a lily faced chicken s***.
    Sure did, and then he went on to make "the Longest Day" a film about how he won the Second World War.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

And the Vietnam war.. 'The Green Berets'

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

You forget they're just kids who need this shit. Pet rocks were sold to adults buy the tens of thousands.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

...and the black tape that the idiot singer in coldplay wears on his hand...

raise his left hand innumerable times. On the back of that hand, he's drawn two black horizontal lines and accentuated them with rings of blue and red tape on his index and middle fingers. It's the iconography synonymous with Make Trade Fair, the international organization aimed at ending Third World debt through equal trade, which Martin has made his cause celeb.

although i have been known to wear a cock ring to protest against flaccidity.

mig
    vCash
    Thanks

Do they do them in XXL? My wrist is too big – I think. I would love to be in with the trend – specifically one of those orange ones that says Long Live the K-word!

Stone him!

Oh! You said it again!
    Bark like a Donkey!