-->
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Thai School Watch

vCash
    Thanks

Oh well. I guess it was only a matter of time before LDMA and BP came out to knock the site even though it's been going what, only a couple of weeks.

At least give it a chance to develop before you try to tear it down.

Of course there's going to be some teething troubles but what gets me is how eager you both seem to see it fail.

Quote Originally Posted by LDMA
    Well, it's what the kids want...
    Well, it's quotes like this that makes myself and many other posters here think that you're a complete prick at times.

vCash
    Thanks

I think it's every thing you type that makes me and others think exactly the same about you.
    LDMA - Ajarn Forum Admin
    -------
    Don't get me wrong - I don't want a 'serious' board but I'd like posts to be either genuinely amusing, informative and/ or thought provoking.
    Ian McNamara - July 2000

A clash with the management will not serve the purpose of your inner peace and therefore will deprive you from happiness. Thai Language School DOS, 2009

Only the bad person say the bad thing about the good thing.
    Anon. Thai DOS

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!
    What on Earth does someone's sexuality have to do with a school's competence or the way it treats its teachers?
    If the person in question is in authority and his/her sexual appetite manifests within the teaching environment (and is not kept quiet in the background where it should be) and is used to differentiate staff in the manner of their treatment; and also where it could have ramifications on the students then I would say it should be reported on.
    Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

vCash
    Thanks

If the person in question is in authority and his/her sexual appetite manifests within the teaching environment (and is not kept quiet in the background where it should be) and is used to differentiate staff in the manner of their treatment; and also where it could have ramifications on the students then I would say it should be reported on.
    It seems like you have a specific case in mind Haltest. Otherwise you are painting a picture which is not confined to this subject alone. Anyone whose personal life interferes with work is subject to disclosure. The problem is in determining what kind of demeanor constitutes "bad" behavior.
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts."
    PFC J. Winger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haltest
    What on Earth does someone's sexuality have to do with a school's competence or the way it treats its teachers?
    Agreed, haltest, to your carefully qualified 'if' statement. And the same standard goes for hetero appetites, homo appetites, and bisexual appetites - if it interferes with their performance on the job. I don't recall that in the post in question (which was quite a homophobic rant), it indicated that the manager's preference was affecting the job, but maybe I missed that.

But let me nitpick a little, if I may. Your parenthetical phrase, "and is not kept quiet in the background where it should be" - would you permit a person to admit that they live with somebody, that they have a partner, ? Heteros are infamous for referring to their spouse, without the slightest thought that homosexuals have spouses, too. Why, hardly 30 minutes go by in the staffroom without numerous mentions of "my husband said..."; "my wife went to the wat..."; and "my spouse and I are going on vacation."

What I'm saying, half-seriously :dunce: is that heteros are flaunt their sexuality continually without even realizing how insecure they must be. :smile:
    "The times I've been mistaken, it's impossible to say" - by the Moody Blues

vCash
    Thanks

What I'm saying, half-seriously is that heteros are flaunt their sexuality continually without even realizing how insecure they must be.
    Up until this point I agreed with you 100% PeaceBlondie. The insecurity thing is a little much, unless you feel all relationships are the result of our insecurity.

I never read the article in question, but agree that homophobia seems to be the main problem, the suggestion that it should be kept in the background more or less highlights that. When I saw Bill Clinton (and America) go through one of the largest charades due to what some said was moral indiscretion, it solidified in me a feeling that no one has the right. No one has the right to tell you that your personal life is wrong, especially sorted are those who start whisper campaign and then use the gossip to prove that the individuals personal life is interfering with work.

vCash
    Thanks

Mine Sweeper Champion!
    Agreed PB, That's why I phrased it carefully and my statement applies to all and does not depend on sexual orientation and covers anything that is not appropriate at work (sexual in nature or not) that has a detrimental effect on the working environment, the staff, and the students.

Living with someone is fine (and talking about your partner is part of normal life, I don't think that is due to some deep rooted insecurity), what I was thinking about mostly was straight men who "brag" about how many women they have paid to sleep with them.....

vCash
    Thanks

"...ever wonder why they kill the weak ones, baby?"

vCash
    Thanks

At once?

vCash
    Thanks

no.

2 of them were though.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I agree with haltest that that I dont really want to hear stories of "who/how i did from nana last night and how much she cost" at work but equally I dont want to hear about what gay men do in the evening!!
    The particular school that was posted about that started this thread has a predominantly gay staff. The conversations i heard many times were about Bjs and where to pick up cheap sha*gs (outside Robinsons on Silom apparently). I for one dont want to hear about anyones sex life at work or anywhere else for that matter. If you wanna brag about paying for sex and what you did then go to the Nanapong.com forum.

However that said having worked at that school in the past I can honestly say that there is cause for concern with certain senior members of the admin there. If i was thinking of working at a school i would want a feel of what the people in charge are like.
    Think about it, would you enrol your child in a school before getting a feel of what its like from other parents already there????
    I think TSW is a good idea. If a certain school keeps getting mentioned then its a safe bet that you should think twice about going there.

vCash
    Thanks

As long as it's explained in this way, sure, but I would have thought that was pretty obvious. Basically, all I was saying was that I don't consider it acceptable to, say, argue that a school is not fit to work for because the HOE is a "poof".

OJ
    Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER
    If a certain school keeps getting mentioned then its a safe bet that you should think twice about going there.
    It's also a very good idea to consider the sources as well. As Phil and Unwell mentioned, there are many crackpots and nutcases out there who have nothing better to do with their time than to find ways of creating problems for schools, companies, and individuals. They're never happy unless they feel as though they "got one up" on someone. There is a lot of vindictiveness out there, and LOS seems to attract more than its fair share of those personality types. Best bet is to take it all with nothing more than a grain of salt. That forum is very poorly moderated, nothing is substantiated, alot of whinning and personal attacks. Unwell said it best, find out for yourself. There are many companies and schools to choose from. If you don't like one, try another. If you don't like it, someone else might. It's a personal preference. If its not your style, no need to knock it...leave it alone and go somewhere else. I would hope most of us are here to at least enjoy life, not to let everything bring ya' down. Some people will never grow out of their childish mental states.

vCash
    Thanks

I think Watchman is definitely reading this thread....he's just started a "How much of this should you believe?" thread.

It's still amusing me to think that El Tel has it in his head that despite Phil and I both promoting the site on our repsective areas of Ajarn, we are now supposedly intent on tearing it down. I think with over 100 members and it's own dotcom, the place has established itself and I think should now fend for itself. I think it could use some moderation myself, no doubt Watchman will be looking into that. As I said before though, how do you moderate a site that is basically there for the disgruntled ex-employee.

Ajarn Forum will continue to resist such threads here, while wishing Watchman luck with his site, which seems to be on a roll now. I'll be happy to point future posters to this site in the future should they get the name and shame urge.

vCash
    Thanks

Nice little earner, I bet!

I give you credit for doing that after BP got slaughtered for doing the same albeit with a larger banner.

Water off a ducks back huh, Loadsamoney?

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast