-->
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: California WoW - worth it?

vCash
    Thanks

California WoW - worth it?

I have a gym at my condo but I've had enough of it. I am so sick of the local ting-tongs monopolizing the exercise bike and the treadmill (of which there is one of each). It's small and there is very little in terms of equipment. I waited 45 minutes for this idiot to get off the bike tonight, and despite my glares and pointing at the clock, his fat ass didn't budge.

So annoyed I was that I looked up the California WoW website. I live right down the road from Esplanade so it wouldn't be too much of a trek to go down there 3-4 times a week. 6 month memberships are 8,000 baht. Yes, I know it's probably full of yuppies and homos, but I'm at the point now where I really don't give a shit - I'm sick of walking down to my shitty little gym only to find it full of fagboys and idiots hogging the two machines that I use. Surely WoW can't be worse than the gay shennanigans that go on in Korean gyms.

....and you're under. Array Mr Bean's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: California WoW - worth it?

Some folk have posted in the past about these places closing down at a moments notice if they're not pulling in the revenue, so think carefully before stumping up for an annual membership.

I did have a look around once and it had a nice ring to it, though I did have trouble prizing my gaze off of my female guides butt cheeks. It had a nice ring to it too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Regular User Array toong tao daeng's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordstu View Post
    Yes, I know it's probably full of yuppies and homos, but I'm at the point now where I really don't give a shit - I'm sick of walking down to my shitty little gym only to find it full of fagboys and idiots hogging the two machines that I use. Surely WoW can't be worse than the gay shennanigans that go on in Korean gyms.
    homos, fagboys, and gay shennanigans?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    Some folk have posted in the past about these places closing down at a moments notice if they're not pulling in the revenue, so think carefully before stumping up for an annual membership.
    Yeah, I wouldn't do the annual membership -- 6 months is fine for me. Might take a walk down there now and see how busy it is.

Senior Member Array goo_stewart's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Esplanade branch is patronized by the Prince's daughter (can't give you a name as my monarchy knowledge is crap). Just for that reason, you get the best people at the CWow at Esplanade. I used to use it a month or so back but moved recently. It is a good gym, good facilities and never fills up too much.

Can't comment on the price as I got a lifetime thing for a song. As far as Wows go it is good - and I have slagged them off in the past.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    It had a nice ring to it too.
    They must've been wearing VERY tight leotards, and REALLY exerting themselves for you to see THAT much!
    When the great lord passes the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts

vCash
    Thanks

Went down there and yeah....it's a very nice club. Huge - biggest I've seen. Didn't see any other foreigners, but this is Ratchada so that's probably normal. It was packed at 7:30. The guys tried to give me the runaround on the price - started quoting me registration fees and other nonsense - it was clear they were just trying to bilk money out of me but when I mentioned the price I had seen on their own site, they backed down and offered me the normal rate. Told them I'd come back on Friday after I've had a think about it, but it looks good.

Senior Member Array happychappy's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Have a look at the prices of a treadmill and excersise bike, They are not as dear as the fees you would be paying at a gym. Stick them in a room, then you don't have to worry about fagboys and idiots.
    Excercise at your leisure with your choice of music etc.
    Last edited by happychappy; 21st October 2008 at 22:23.
    My next door neighbours have challenged me to a water fight , so I am just writing this while I am waiting for the kettle to boil .

vCash
    Thanks

How was the fagboy population at that branch? I hear CWow is infamous for that. How about the women? Were there a good amount of them there? Nothing better than a beautiful woman that's in shape.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baksiidaa View Post
    How was the fagboy population at that branch? I hear CWow is infamous for that. How about the women? Were there a good amount of them there? Nothing better than a beautiful woman that's in shape.
    Ahhhh Sexercise, better than background music anyday.

Talking of gyms etc. what happened to triceps, did he just up and leave.
    Last edited by happychappy; 21st October 2008 at 22:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by happychappy View Post
    Have a look at the prices of a treadmill and excersise bike, They are not as dear as the fees you would be paying at a gym. Stick them in a room, then you don't have to worry about fagboys and idiots.
    Excercise at your leisure with your choice of music etc.
    I would but my apt. isn't nearly big enough to fit one. Last time I looked treadmills were around 15k.

Plenty of fagboys, and Rain/boyband wannabe types. Loads of hot women as well, so I guess there is some balance. I just can't get over how big the place is. Looked like the gyms back home in the US.

Remember...108 Array BerryGoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordstu View Post
    I waited 45 minutes for this idiot to get off the bike tonight, and despite my glares and pointing at the clock, his fat ass didn't budge.

Yes, I know it's probably full of yuppies and homos, but I'm at the point now where I really don't give a shit - I'm sick of walking down to my shitty little gym only to find it full of fagboys and idiots hogging the two machines that I use. Surely WoW can't be worse than the gay shennanigans that go on in Korean gyms.
    Gee, you sure sound like a happy well adjusted camper!

New Member Array Hailfromtheshire's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I have a CWOW memership and I love it! Tons of classes everyday - till late (even weekends) PLENTY of machines, and good ones, too, not the typical crap in Asian gyms here.
    And, it is crowded from like 5-9/10, But with plenty of machines you always have a choice of what you want. Yes, the music is awful - get some headphones.
    Also, free towels, free showers, free water, free soap and shampoo, so u can travel lightly.
    My gyms (there are 3 on the street and I got access to any in Thailand) are full of gay and straight men and women, of course, But.... who cares? I'm there to workout, not scope out the scene (althogh there are lots of farang at mine - men and women, and lots of good looking Thais of Both genders.) Good hors - 6am to midnight. No complaints here.
    Make sure it has free weights.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hailfromtheshire View Post
    Good hors - 6am to midnight. No complaints here.
    You spelt whores wrong

vCash
    Thanks

Are there any gyms open 24 hours or am I leaving the luxury of places like Gold's Gym and 24 hour fitness when I leave the US? I find myself going to the gym at 10 or 11 pm quite often and don't finish until after midnight.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast