Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I want to lose 7 to 8 kg within 3 months; what should I do?

poltroon and blagard Array reinvented's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: I want to lose 7 to 8 kg within 3 months; what should I do?

the danger with 6 meals a day is that it is all too easy to turn into 6 pies a day
    and a pain un the arse to boot

have a look at this site

Everyday Systems: Systematic Moderation for sustainable good habits
    Serial Wolf Bagger

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Hello,

I have gone through the same not so long ago, and I can relate to your problem because weight loss is not an easy task, exercise and work outs do give results but it requires a lot of time and patience. If you want quick results without any kind of side effects, you might want to try the Access Bars from Melaleuca. They are scientifically proven to burn your body fat, helping you to lose that weight quickly. More details here in my signature given below:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joycee View Post
    Hiiii

I want to lose 7-8 kgs in the coming 3 months. .. I am doing workouts, walking and exercises daily, but not getting the kind of result as I want. Can anyone please guide me?
    I would recommend doing the Atkins (low carb) Diet for a couple of months.

Cut out bread, pasta, rice, noodles, cakes, sugar etc. and replace with more veggies.

It is really good for what you need.

Once you have lost the weight, you have to go back to a balanced diet though, as it isn't healthy long term.

good luck
    "The Brazilians aren't as good as they used to be, or as they are now."
    Kenny Dalglish

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

^I don't really recommend the Atkins, although an increase in your protein ratio will help you lose weight. Eat less carbs, and more protein, fruit and veggies. Do cardio that raises your heartrate for at least thirty minutes building up to an hour per day. Do cardio and weights to build muscle tone. Combining both will help you lose weight faster. The afterburn of working out will increase the calories you burn, even at rest. Consistency is important, trust me on that one. It is a decent amount of weight you want to lose in that time frame. You may lose less or more depending on how big you are to start with. Good luck! p.s - drink lots of water.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anabella View Post
    Hello, I have gone through the same not so long ago, and I can relate to your problem because weight loss is not an easy task, exercise and work outs do give results but it requires a lot of time and patience. If you want quick results without any kind of side effects, you might want to try the Access Bars from Melaleuca. They are scientifically proven to burn your body fat, helping you to lose that weight quickly. More details here in my signature given below:
    Would you recommend spam, Anabella? I've heard it is scientifically proven.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrille View Post
    Would you recommend spam
    Stupid posters actually morons ?

Yey lets play acronyms
    Daniel Bedingfield claimed that his new album is what it would sound like if Sting, Stevie Wonder and Micheal Jackson were in a basement together - I haven't got the album so I'll have to imagine the sound of a blind bloke and a Geordie kicking the shit out of a pedophile.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Maiden View Post
    When I was in Thailand I fancied going for a bit of running for exercise but didn't think I would be able to manage in the heat. Even in the cooler periods it was still too warm for me but I know DJPat does a lot of running.
    Running is just plain crazy here. I "power walk" for 2-4 hours three times a week. It's less damaging to the ankles, shins and knees and the weight comes off.

vCash
    Thanks

^ Yes, some good sense there.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrille View Post
    ^ Yes, some good sense there.
    Don't talk to me like that....do you want my heart to stop beating?

vCash
    Thanks

All it really takes is determination and hard work. Reduce the amount of fattening food you consume...eat mostly vegetables and fruits (with a lot of protein - fish, tofu, chicken BREASTS...mmm...).

Try to start out with cardio and work your way up to weight training. I suggest doing your cardio on an exercise bike (low impact). Train for at least 30 minutes. Do that for about a week or 10 days. After that, you could up the time to 40 minutes and train twice a day instead of once (that's two sessions of 40 minutes). Keep doing that for another couple of weeks. After that, introduce some weights and start doing push ups and sit ups. Continue exercising like this and eating right for the next 3 months and you will lose at least 8kgs. Remember to drink lots of water.

Finally, it's not always the weight that is the most important. Look at yourself in the mirror. Do you like what you see? Can you fit into the clothes you want to wear? If yes, then you have achieved your goal.

Good luck..I just finished a six week holiday and will be getting back to my workout regime. Gained about 8.5kgs...will easily lose that in the next 3 months. I'll post back to update on my progress...

I forgot to mention that setting a goal is very helpful. For example, if you are going travelling during the summer months...you could set a weight and fitness goal...that way you'll be able to take your shirt off and not worry about man breasts...

vCash
    Thanks

Joycee,
    I don't know one diet from another, but I do know that Coke and other soft drinks contain just heaps of sugar. Same goes for ice cream. Since ice cream is a frozen confection, it must contain lots and lots of sugar for the sweet flavor to be tasted. This is my roundabout way of suggesting you stop drinking soda and eating ice cream if you do so.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fastanne View Post
    No carbohydrates in the evening. Stop eating at 19.00 and don't go to sleep for at least 3 hours. Forget the sweet stuff, reduce the fat you are consuming. No fastfood and less alcohol !!!! And start some kind of exercise. I bought myself a bycicle. Your body will soon start to loose fat but build up muscles. That means that you don't lose weight in the beginning, but you feel and look better. Since muscels consume 5 times the energy of bodyfat you will slowly and automaticly loose weight if you stick to these rules.
    best
    anne
    I've tried many things but I guess you need to discover something that works for you through trial and error. I found out that I lose weight if I don't eat chocolate, ice-cream, white bread and pastry the whole week AT ALL (I can have some on the weekend - just a little). Cut down on alcohol (except wine). Also wise advice - no eating after 7 pm. If you're starving drink some soy milk or betagen, or eat watermelon. Watermelon is the best for quick weight loss and cleaning the body. Usually, people are overweight because their colon is clogged with waists and the food is not digested properly. Colon cleansing might help a lot, or replace your evening meal with watermelon and some dry prunes for a few weeks. I think that your goal is achievable, all you need is strong willpower to keep up healthy eating and exercise. Cardio exercises are the most effective in weight loss. Good luck!

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galina View Post
    Usually, people are overweight because their colon is clogged with waists and the food is not digested properly
    People are overweight because they eat too much of the wrong food. You might say they digest too much food, not too little.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    People are overweight because they eat too much of the wrong food. You might say they digest too much food, not too little.
    Dear Jellybean, I meant what I said. They eat too much bad food, hence, their "waist disposal" system gets clogged with toxins and other stuff. This leads to incomplete digestion and absorption of minerals, vitamins and other goodies from new food. Actually, there are many reasons for being overweight.

stāj wən pro·gen·i·tor Array IsaanAlex's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

The Atkins Diet; full stop.

I have been eating low carb since about late 2002. I lost 40 pounds within a few months and have kept it off.

And without exercise more strenuous than frequent walks; sometimes short, sometimes long.

And when I booze, I try to stick to the clear hard stuff (gins, soju, etc).

It's 2:30am where I'm at and I just drank about 750 ml in Coke Zero and washed it down with 2 eggs, cooked in loads of butter, a half-tin of Spam, and a giant wedge of cheese...and I'll still be fit as fuck in the morning. And thereafter.

Because anyone who preaches that low-carb earing is "not good for you" longterm is talking out of their ass; most carbs are shit. They are just loaded with sugars, which fuck with your insulin levels, etc, etc. How could one not be healthier omitting most carbs, and to almost the greatest degree possible?

And I look younger now at 36 than I did at 28, roughly the age I started eating low carb...

Give it a try...just read the book cover to cover first.

IA

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast