Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I Conquered Gout

I Vill Break You Array Benedict XVI's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

How I Conquered Gout

I just read the old "gooooouuuuuttt" thread. The last entry was in 2007.

I felt it was worthy to start a new thread on Gout because I firmly believe, that I have indeed conquered Gout.

My Gout History:

I've had over 200 attacks.

They started in 2002 in my early 30s. After initial mis-diagnosese by doctors, it was discovered to be, gout.

Visiting 8-9 doctors in 3 countries (including the US) I was always given the anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) and a pain killers. Both are hard on the body.

I was told minor diet changes from doctors: less red meat, no alcohol, seafood, etc.

After 7 miserable years of pain, missed work, and powerful medications that eat away at my stomach and intestines, changing my diet, and even giving up beer, I finally was told about:

baking soda

from a fellow gout suffer on 2 of the other Thailand forums.

Baking soda alkalizes the blood. My blood must have been on the acidic side of the PH in my blood.

It has worked and I haven't had a gout attack in 7 months +.

1/2 teaspoon in the AM, and 1/2 a teaspoon in the PM in 4 oz. of water (morning and night).

I am not saying I'll never have an attack again. But I am quite sure after years of trying "this and that," that I've found what works for me.

I can walk down the stairs normally, I never miss work, and I am active and pain-free.

This may or may not work for you, but please give it a try.

All the best, and this can be called the "Gout Thread."
    Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five.

Benjamin Franklin

Exiled Liberal Array Killing Me Softly 101's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

How are the calcium kidney stones?

Actually it also prevents uric acid kidney stones.

Cheers.
    If you want to challenge the world's most powerful factions, you're going to get attacked in all sorts of ways. That's the nature - the essence - of power: it is capable of exacting a cost for defying it.--Glenn Greenwald

swing you sinners! Array Mr. Hales's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

cheers snaff, glad you're doing well.

my brush with gout, thankfully, seems long gone. 4 years ago now. changes in diet and it left as soon as it came.
    "vast and black. the thing that was poised, like a crow over the moon. round and smooth. cannon balls. things that have fallen from the sky to this earth. our slippery brains. things like cannon balls have fallen, in storms, upon this earth. like cannon balls are things that, in storms, have fallen to this earth. showers of blood. showers of blood. showers of blood. " c.f.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Baking powder
    heard of that

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I'll have to try that. Right now, I do the no booze, diet change, take the meds routine. I still feel a twinge every now and then. Jesus, I would like to go a week without pain, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict XVI View Post
    1/2 teaspoon in the AM, and 1/2 a teaspoon in the PM in 4 oz. of water (morning and night).
    and that's all it takes, eh?

Established User Array John Harvey's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

so what is gout anyway......?

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gout

Wikki knows everything!

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Killing Me Softly 101 View Post
    How are the calcium kidney stones? Actually it also prevents uric acid kidney stones.
    KMS,

I don't understand. Can you clarify?

---Update---

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hales View Post
    cheers snaff, glad you're doing well. my brush with gout, thankfully, seems long gone. 4 years ago now. changes in diet and it left as soon as it came.
    I'm glad you're doing well, too. Cheers.

Good on you with the gout that came and went away, also.

---Update---

Quote Originally Posted by wangsuda View Post
    I'll have to try that. Right now, I do the no booze, diet change, take the meds routine. I still feel a twinge every now and then. Jesus, I would like to go a week without pain, ya know?
    Try it. Please try it. It's cheap. So cheap, I don't even know how much it costs. I just buy a box of "Arm & Hammer" and take out a teaspoon (exacly 1 teaspon for measuring) and scoop it up, and dump it in a glass, fill it to 4 oz., stir it and drink it. Once in the morning after getting up, and once before bed, or an hour before bed.

It alkalizes your blood.

I do this everyday.

vCash
    Thanks

An article on PH in the body's system:
    ----------------------------------------
    Balance Your pH
    by Dr. Hulda Clark

The ends of your feet get the poorest "service" from your blood supply. They are the furthest away. The blood here has the most accumulated acid and the least oxygen supply....The accumulation of uric and hippuric acid invites bacteria to feed on them. As bacteria multiply the tissue fights back with inflammation. Now the stage has been set for pain.

Most persons with painful deposits anywhere in their feet have a morning urine pH of 4.5! At 4.5 it is safe to guess that a lot (of uric acid ) has precipitated (in the feet) again in the night. During the day, your body's pH swings back and forth. The urine gets quite alkaline right after a meal; this is called the alkaline tide. Three meals a day would bring you three alkaline tides. During these periods, lasting about an hour, you have an opportunity to dissolve some of your foot deposits. But if you allow your pH to drop too low in the night you put the deposits back again. The net effect decides whether your deposits grow or shrink. To alkalinize yourself at bedtime, choose one of these options:

1.Two oyster shell tablets, equaling 750 mg. of calcium plus a magnesium oxide tablet, 300 mg (see Sources). The magnesium helps the calcium dissolve and stay in solution. Taking more calcium at one time is not advised because it cannot be dissolved and absorbed anyway and might constipate you. For the elderly only one calcium tablet is advised. Take calcium tablets with vitamin C or lemon water to help dissolve (1/4 tsp. vitamin C powder; adding honey is fine).

2.One cup of sterilized milk or buttermilk, drunk hot or cold, plus I magnesium oxide tablet, 300 mg. (adding cinnamon is fine).If these two remedies work for you, your morning urinary pH will come up to 6.0 but if for some reason they don't, you need to take more drastic measures. Take the supplements and milk earlier in the day and reserve bedtime for:

3.1/2 tsp. baking soda in water. This is sodium bicarbonate. But don't use baking soda from a store because most brands I have tested are polluted with benzene! Using a combination of sodium and potassium bicarbonate in a ratio of 2:1 is actually a much more healthful potion. You can make your own or ask a pharmacist to make it for you. Mix two parts baking soda and one part potassium bicarbonate in a jar. Keep tightly closed. Label it sodium Potassium bicarbonate alkalizer (this potion is also very useful in allergic reactions of all kinds). Take I level tsp. in water at bedtime. If your pH reaches 6 in the morning continue each night at this dose. If it does not, take 1 1/2 tsp. Keep watching your pH, since it will gradually normalize and you will require less and less. If you are using plain baking soda, instead of the mixture, watch your pH each morning, also, so you can cut back when the pH goes higher than 6.

Persons with a limit on their daily sodium intake must care-fully count the grams of baking soda consumed in this way. Each tsp. weighs about 2 grams, of which half (I gram or I 000 milligrams) is sodium. The sodium/potassium mixture would only give you half as much sodium (1/2gram per tsp.). By comparison, the usual daily intake of sodium is about 5 gm., although salt eaters consume twice that amount. You have done five things to pull the rug out from under the bacteria living in and around the deposits in your toes. Now when you kill bacteria with your zapper, you can expect the pain to go away and stay away.

Locations at the base of toes may be painful due to a neuroma. Deposits and bacteria here are even more painful because this is the location of nerve centers. If the build-up is large, you may prefer some surgical help or a cortisone shot rather than wait several years for solid relief.

Source: Dr. Hulda Clark's book Cure for All Diseases page 55

pH ballance by Hulda Regehr Clark
    The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." --Hermann Goering, Nuremburg
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Sorry about the delay.

Sodium bicarbonate is baking soda. There are four main types of kidney stones:
    So while the baking soda alkalizes the blood preventing uric acid build up in the body and uric acid kidney stones. It also promotes calcium stones. More problematic is the increase in sodium that you are adding to your body and the effect sodium has in promoting hypertension. It doesn' t matter whether the sodium comes from salt or soda, it is still sodium so can inflate those blood pressure numbers. Buy a monitor to keep it checked and drink a lot of water.

Or take allopurinol.
    Side Effects of Baking Soda

While baking soda can indeed stop heartburn, the major problem with this remedy is that an in-depth look at the research shows that it may have some serious side effects, especially when used regularly.
    Baking soda, also known as sodium bicarbonate, has not only a strong influence over the acidity of the stomach but the pH of the entire body. When ingested, sodium bicarbonate essentially exerts an alkaline effect on the entire body.
    This can be a good and a bad thing. This alkaline effect is seem to have strong positive influences on those who may be at risk for some types of renal (kidney) failure. Many recent protocols have been established using sodium bicarbonate to treat certain types of to slow both chronic and acute kidney disease (1, 2).
    How does this work? Sodium bicarbonate is thought to help bring potassium into the kidney for excretion and kidney failure can lead to high blood levels of potassium. Carefully regulated sodium bicarbonate intake (i.e. by doctors reading bloodwork) may be used to help control blood potassium levels.
    However, this is a specialized treatment for a specific portion of the population. For the rest of us, chronic sodium carbonate usage may lead to hypertension (high blood pressure) and edema (excess fluid retention) (3). It may also significantly increase the risk of kidney stones (4).
    In short, baking soda may interfere with a healthy individual’s ability to maintain appropriate electrolyte balance in the blood, which can culminate in impaired regulation of blood pressure and the retaining of body fluids. This could then lead to many undesirable side effects, such as heart problems.
    Baking Soda For Heartburn - Sodium Bicarbonate as a Reflux Remedy?

the
    Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Sorry about the delay.
    Don't worry about it, it's only been a year and a half.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict XVI View Post
    Try it. Please try it. It's cheap. So cheap,
    I'll stick with 300 mg tablets of generic allopurinol at 3 bath a tablet, I can afford it.

---Update---

Quote Originally Posted by the View Post
    Don't worry about it, it's only been a year and a half.
    Long before your nic was even born Join Date Jul 2011.

Last edited by Killing Me Softly 101; 28th August 2011 at 10:55.

the
    Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I'll stick with 300 mg tablets of generic allopurinol at 3 bath a tablet, I can afford it.
    Killing Me Softly,

Did you ever get a liver test to see if your liver can handle the Allopurinol?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
    so what is gout anyway......?
    Gout is a chronic form of arthritis that is caused by high uric acid levels in the blood..

vCash
    Thanks

Update

Killing Me Softly gave me some information on Allopurinol and even though the alkalizing of my system has reduced the frequency of gout significantly (almost entirely but no 100%) I have begun to take 150 mg of allopurinol.

I've been taking 150 mg for 2 1/2 weeks, and will up the daily dosage to 300 mg per day next week.

One issue: I never did have my liver tested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast