Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai Hospitals. Your Experiences

vCash
    Thanks

Thai Hospitals. Your Experiences

I have found them to be alot better than the UK. Fok Bumrumgrad and that. I had a metatarsal injury in 2007 and went to Korat hopsital to get it sorted. Put the pins in, stayed 2 days and all the morphine you wanted whilst watching shite Thai soaps. I wanted to stay another week. Smack heads like Mrs Q would have loved it

---Update---

The metatarsal healed quicker than David Beckham's BTW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Avin' it!

vCash
    Thanks

I still think you should have insisted they make a start on your ruptured anus.

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Don't get me started about Thai medical care.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrille View Post
    I still think you should have insisted they make a start on your ruptured anus.
    You won't let up on your homosexual angst Cybille...you sound like Morissey or Marc Almond

---Update---

Quote Originally Posted by jonny danger View Post
    Don't get me started about Thai medical care.
    Better than the UK JD

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Doesn't that fact depend on your being a Mod or a Rocker?

vCash
    Thanks

mod geeze, none of that Rigger hells anngels shit

ssr
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    I wanted to stay another week.
    The only reason why you wanted to stay was morphine

The private hospitals are OK (well some) forget the government hospitals. Bring your camping gear for you will be there all day as I am sure most of you realize.
    Roaming the wild blue yonder

Senior Member Array happychappy's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssr View Post
    forget the government hospitals.
    The Short version.

Years ago the wife had a problem with her ankle, so she went to a govt. hospital, on arrival you take a number and wait, and wait and wait.
    After forever, her number came up, went in to see the doctor, x rayed and sent to the plaster of paris people in a building approx 100 metres away.
    Fixed her up and gave her some crutches, come back in a week. ( this took approx 6hrs. )
    One week later, returned took a number , another long wait, had to see the doctor, who took a look at the plaster cast, and sent her to the other building , 100 metres away.
    No wheelchair, I offered to carry her but no.
    We arrive there, and they tell her she needs to pick up some paperwork from the admin.
    So she asked if one of the people who were stood watching t.v. / picking their nose / scratching their arse could get it for her, as she was struggling with the crutches.
    No, everybody busy,I did not know where to go, so she hobbled back another 100 metres, to get the paperwork, then backk another 100 metres to the plasterer.
    Another lengthy wait, then she was called in, they got a mini circular saw to cut off the plaster, the doc examined her ankle . babbled on about who knows what, then left.
    The nurses then proceeded to put the plaster back on her ankle and scotch tape it back together.
    I walked in to the room and told them no to bother, took the tape and plaster off and took her home.
    Gotta feel sorry for the people who use these hospitals, 30 baht, you certainly get what you pay for.
    My next door neighbours have challenged me to a water fight , so I am just writing this while I am waiting for the kettle to boil .

Senior Member Array russellsimpson's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

My impression is that there is a big difference between the good Bangkok hospitals and the ones in less metropolitan areas.

Could be that all the top people prefer to live in Bangkok.

Country folks are nice enough though not necessarily that competant IMO
    When being run out of town, get in front of the crowd and make it appear like a parade.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Private hospital for care during my wife's pregnancy. I acted the obedient partner until the doctor two weeks before the birth told me my wife needed a caesarian. when I asked him to explain why he went mental telling me he had 15 years experience and that I would be killing my baby if I didn't agree to the operation. I smiled and walked out. 6 nurses came to my house asking me to make a formal complaint. Went to the local hospital who were great. People moan about healthcare back in the U.K. Here its great if you pay for it and hit and miss if you don't. We have no idea how lucky we are to have a free service back home.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peelieorion View Post

We have no idea how lucky we are to still be able to cut the mustard.

I A gree

I-never-dun-a-ting-rong-in-me-life-m8

Senior Member Array johnny larue's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

My daughter was born in a private hospital with a gongenital heart defect that was detected by a very young pediatrician. The hospital did not have on hand a very unusual medication required to correct it. The old head pediatrician just tells us "nothing we can do - bad luck". The younger pediatrician contacts me and tells me that the public hospital has the medication and we have a 12 hour window to get it. Unfortunately there is a law that prevents a public hospital from transferring the meds to a private hospital. He writes me a prescription and tells me to go over there and raise holy hell until they give it to me. I got it and my kid has recovered nicely. Hierarchy of doctors, hospitals and bureaucrats.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be. - TJ

Senior Member Array russellsimpson's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Really glad that worked out for you Jonny, I'll bet you thanks the goods every day.

Doctors here can be arrogant and that IMO is based on the underlying understanding in all Asian nations that life is cheap.

Now if you've got bundles of money your life can become less cheap.

Senior Member Array johnny larue's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Tjat was the short version and yes, my wife and I are relieved that she is problem free. I have used many pediatricians here in the States and the young Thai doctor was by far the best that I have ever had for one of my kids.

ssr
    vCash
    Thanks

I had it down to a fine art when I had to get the blood tested every 3 months. I get to the government hospital at 6am get the ticket (usually 12 in front of me) then get the blood drawn leave and come back 2 hours later for the results then hang around for at least one hour to see the doctor get the prescription go to the pharmacy, and leave. Return two hours later return and everything was ready, and I had to use the government hospital, because I worked for a government university. The good thing was the university and the hospital were only 5 mins walking distance great for when they had taken the blood I could go and get some coffee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast