-->

Thread: Acne vulgaris - and how it gets "treated" by some "doctors"

vCash
    Thanks

Acne vulgaris - and how it gets "treated" by some "doctors"

There is a girl with over 50 pimples on her forehead. She is a M1 student and having a conversation is not that easy for her. In a M4/7 class, a gender confused bloke is staring at a small pink mirror and squeezing his pimples for at least 10 minutes.

I can so relate (...)

At home, I had 1 kg of LUVOS (some ultra fine earth like powder with high minderal content). Which I brought to school. But she rejected it, claiming she gets treatment by her doctor.

WTF? Klinomycin would remove those spots in a few weeks.

Soap-free bars with a sour PH-level might help, as would the "LUVOS Healing Earth".

What's going on?

Is this about money or the lack of it?
    The experience with a loved family dog makes me wonder. Both parents in their 50s are medical professionals. The mother is a nurse... That poor dogs skin was eaten away by bacteria. His scrotum was raw and he suffered needlessly. I offered to pay for the cream and tablets. But they let the dog suffer while feeding him and otherwise caring for him. (I would have had him put down rather than go through this ordeal one more day if it was my dog).

The desease is known and treatment is available.

I would be ashamed of having this girl sit in my waiting room week after week with no improvement.

Q1: Would you speak with her again?

Q2: Would you mention steam opening the pores / ... / ...?

Q3: Would you mention KLINOMYCIN?

Q4: Would you send her to the school nurse?v She has H2O2 and could disinfect those pimples and give the girl some relief?

This bothers me. But it may indicate how medical professionals think about their patients' needs?

vCash
    Thanks

The "medical professional" may have a degree from a Thai university but that does not mean they know anything about being a doctor.

Not exactly sure why the dog story was interjected into the middle there but my observation has been that many Thai do not mistreat dogs but they don't really take care of them either.
    "While Jim is milking the Russian Boar, I'm in the shade of a Baobab tree being served a cool drink by a beautiful young indigenous girl. "
    Marlin Perkins

Aloha - Aloha HARD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Ho For This Useful Post:

freak of nature Array 3leggedkitty's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

likely she scrubs her skin to ratshit with soaps and applies all sorts of creams and meds to herself. does she drink milk? if she does there is no fixing her.

i had a friend with acne like that. someone told him to stop using all soaps and cleansers and just start to wash his face with water and nothing else. and to stop consuming any dairy products. in less than two weeks my pizzaface friend was clear as a baby's butt.

one of my friends has constant acne all over his back, i told him it's because he lives on meat and milk. he's like, but milk is good for your skin! for the life of me i can't figure why he thinks that, given his bubbly greasy acreage and devotion to every soap and 'medication' around.

i see this acne thing is endemic with teens in viet nam. they are all killing themselves trying to be modern, and this means religious milk drinking coz foreigners are so tall and smart eh, and they drink the cow tit, which, especially with asian people, translates to chronic pizza face. and they share these paper squares which allegedly clean the oil off of skin which allegedly is the cause of acne. idiots. let the oils be, rinse off the excess with plain water and don't scrub the fucking skin. you'd think after years of acne they'd realize it was counter productive. nope. got to be modern.

it's not about blocked pores or disinfecting pimples, not at all. not one bit. it's about shit being packed into the body and rushing for the nearest exit.

and why can't the pimple squeezing brigade take a look at people older than them. why did the previous non-dairy generations have nice skin? why can't they see a correlation between radical pimple attacks and those charming pockmarks all over the faces of former sufferers?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3leggedkitty For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks

...1) OP: never speak to this girl (or any other student) about medical solutions to problems you perceive...
    ...2) 3LK: good to see you have a point of view (and a solution!) where acne is concerned...
    ...majestically enthroned amid the vulgar herd...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tomcat For This Useful Post:

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eumel View Post
    I can so relate (...)
    Why the cut'n'paste SPAM?

Some of this is one story, then interjected with a completely unrelated story (the dog story), then returning to some acne 'story'.

What is the OP's point of his post?

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

vCash
    Thanks

this has to be the weirdest infomercial i've seen since El Santo was peddling gold jewelry on late night TV....

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Tom Vu has them all beat!