-->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: mental resolution of pricing inconsistencies?

  1. #16
    New Member Array skettios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    58
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    72

    Re: mental resolution of pricing inconsistencies?

    Bet

    I guess what I'm saying is that you don't see those kind of places offered on craigslist or mr. roomfinder. There are very few places for under 15,000 on that website. I think in order to find a good deal you need to deal in Thai, of course that's probably not news to anyone here.

    Hamster,

    Most of the apartments on Mr. roomfinder, craigslist or the bangkok post are overpriced. Those that are listed in Thai are not. So please allow me to clarify my logic.

    Aging One

    Are you challenging me old man?! Everyone on this thread is wrong, even me!

  2. #17
    Xerographic Detournements Array re_fuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    I plead Wisdom by means of insanity
    Posts
    24,642
    vCash
    300
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts


    Rep Power
    41375

    Re: mental resolution of pricing inconsistencies?

    I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts


  3. #18
    Established User Array Aitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    197
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    395

    Re: mental resolution of pricing inconsistencies?

    Quote Originally Posted by skettios
    I guess what I'm saying is that you don't see those kind of places offered on craigslist or mr. roomfinder. There are very few places for under 15,000 on that website. I think in order to find a good deal you need to deal in Thai, of course that's probably not news to anyone here.
    Not sure if 'that website' refers to mrroomfinder or craigslist, but i can ony speak for Roomie here: A quick search from the home page using the following search options:

    Location: Bangkok
    Property Type: All Condos/Apartments
    Price from: No Minimum
    Price to: 15,000
    Number of Rooms: All sizes

    The above search gives 618 Results from around 3,000 THB/Mo upwards. I'd say that's not too bad for a single click

    Regarding prices for apartments (ref Bet), i've also never known people paying different prices for identical rooms anywhere. Private condos, yes, but apartments in a block where the rooms are all the same, no.

    Aitch

  4. #19
    heaven or hell? Array Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    BKK
    Posts
    2,940
    vCash
    300
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    5089

    Re: mental resolution of pricing inconsistencies?

    Quote Originally Posted by skettios
    Hamster, Most of the apartments on Mr. roomfinder, craigslist or the bangkok post are overpriced. Those that are listed in Thai are not. So please allow me to clarify my logic.
    Agreed. I found my current place through HomeDD website in the Thai language listings. The English language listings from rMRoomfinder, ThaiApartments.com, and the newspapers were generally more expensive. Some seem to be fairly prices, but others are grossly inflated.
    ...you get what you need.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  5. #20
    Hangin' Around Array Cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    17,826
    vCash
    90000
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 66 Times in 57 Posts


    Rep Power
    13805

    Re: mental resolution of pricing inconsistencies?

    Quote Originally Posted by skettios
    For your reference, I'm paying 6000 for a luxury condo, with gym, pool etc. just off the BTS at Ari.


    There are condos around with (small, often smelly) pool and gym (almost invariably unused - crap equipment, no a/c) for 6,000, sure.

    But if you think that you are genuinely living in a luxury apartment for 6,000 baht you're either an idiot, a troll or (most likely) both.

    (Gonna stalk me here too, d-'man' )
    -----
    Quote Originally Posted by skettios

    Aging One

    Are you challenging me old man?! Everyone on this thread is wrong, even me!
    Last edited by Cyrille; 15th March 2008 at 21:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #21
    New Member Array skettios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    58
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    72

    Re: mental resolution of pricing inconsistencies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrille


    There are condos around with (small, often smelly) pool and gym (almost invariably unused - crap equipment, no a/c) for 6,000, sure.

    But if you think that you are genuinely living in a luxury apartment for 6,000 baht you're either an idiot, a troll or (most likely) both.

    (Gonna stalk me here too, d-'man' )
    -----


    Please don't bother reading the whole thread Cyrille.
    Thank you for not complicating this thread by adding anything of value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Mental Illness in Thailand
    By Piece Train in forum Practicalities Of Living In Thailand
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 14th December 2009, 18:41
  2. Mental problems
    By mrsquirrel in forum The Virtual Pub
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 31st August 2005, 08:16

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •