-->

Thread: Saranjai Mansion - any reviews?

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Saranjai Mansion - any reviews?

Considering it, any reviews from anyone who has stayed there? Or has or knows of a place there for rent? Thx.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: Saranjai Mansion - any reviews?

"It's a focken dump" ...

bet
    Awaiting mod approval... Array bet's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

^agreed.

There are much better places around. The place is a sh*thole. Soi Jai Samarn is always jammed. Steer clear.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

The place i looked at was from a private owner, looking into the courtyard and pool. About 60sqm one bedroom, kitchenette, wood floor, 12,000B. Seems quiet aside from the construction next door, a major deterrence , stops at 9pm...

Any recommendations? Also looked at Pacific apartments on soi 36/2, 7th floor, nice view towards Boss Tower, very quiet, bath, same price, 30sqm. Was there in the evening, but expect that the int'l school across the road will fill that soi with noise and congestion from 7am-3pm 5 days/week....

vCash
    Thanks

Pacific is ok. My brother lived there for a couple of years. The owner, Sam, is quite cool. Trinity Int'l isn't so loud during the daytime, but the area will be jammed in the mornings and afternoons. Sounds like prices have gone up dramatically, used to be 6k bt.
    ...you get what you need.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    nice view towards Boss Tower
    There may be one than one 'Boss Tower' but the one I'm thinking of....nice view? Really?

Completely Laa-Laa Array Mister Fixit's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I know two people who live at Saranjai. One is a real Kiwi tw@t bar owner, married to a ex-prostitute from the Charming bar and thick as pig-shit with a manky, skanky, scruffy bar in Soi 6 downstairs. The other is a decent chap.

The Saranjai has gone down a lot in the last few years, soi 6 is jam-packed a lot of the time and noisy as hell. If you don't mind living in prostitute-land, then fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    There may be one than one 'Boss Tower' but the one I'm thinking of....nice view? Really?
    Matthew, Matthew, read it again - it said 'nice view TOWARDS Boss Tower', not FROM Boss Tower.
    Last edited by Mister Fixit; 5th July 2008 at 23:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    We would rather be ruined than changed
    We would rather die in our dread
    Than climb the Cross of the moment
    And see our illusions die

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Living so close to Nana soi 4 is the main reason I wanted to avoid Sananjai. It is usually the main reason why some would want to live at Saranjai. I presummed it would have a whore house feel about it, noisy, filled with farangs wanting to party all night etc...

I've been there 5 times over the last week at various times, and every time, I've found that it is quiet (except for the construction next door, which I have been told will be done in 3 months), there is only a trickle of people coming and going, the inner courtyard is quiet and there is no yelling or loud music, and inside the rooms there is very little sound from outside.

It is a 16 year old building, contracts are for a year and typically a studio rented from the condo is 17,000., and one bedrooms are 20,000 and up. The one bedroom I saw is directly from the owner and is 12,000., 60sqm.

During the day, yeah soi 6 is jammed with traffic, at night empty, but the walk to the BTS is only about 3 minutes.

Overall, it doesn't appear to be as bad as I imagined, and in comparision to many other places that I have looked, the value seems ok. It is a comfortable, large, quiet space, and close to the BTS. Having no view, and being in the Nana area are for me its main detractors.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Saranjai Mansion

I've read a lot about peoples opinions of Saranjai mansion, some may be true but some are unjust.

I lived there for fives years (Ruoy Chai, 21st Floor) and had no problems. The place was kept clean, none of my valuables ever disappeared, even once when I forgot to lock the safe (2000 cash inside), when I flew to Phuket for two weeks of Scuba diving. I received a call from the office informing me that the safe was open, one of the maids had found it so.

It was nice and quiet on the 21st, getting away from the heat and noise of the day during the dry season. This was a nice 'bolt hole' for four (4) months of each year, with some single man's R&R after six weeks work on a ship.

Ok, Nana is renown for it's girlie bars, buts that what us 'single fellas' want. It's fun to go chase the girls (Even though we are the prey), shoot some pool and head for the diving locations around Thailand, with weather that's good all year round.

I have no complaints, but than again I never became a 'Devil Dodger', just a fun loving Demon!.

Mo

vCash
    Thanks

Seems quiet aside from the construction next door, a major deterrence , stops at 9pm...
    if it's anything like the construction site next to me, yes they'll knock off at 9 pm... and satart again at 6 am...

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Great place very quiet, no construction or road noise. Very close to BTS & everything else. All the nearby building has finished.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

a good read for everyone looking to rent apartments

hi,

there's a nice cozy website that gives guides and advices about renting apartments in bangkok. so, that you dont get fooled or left untold about important information about renting. a quick read wouldnt be a harm. squidoo dot com/servicedapartmentsbangkok

Cheerz!