-->

Thread: working in Bangbon (behind Ban Khae), living in Thonburi??

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

working in Bangbon (behind Ban Khae), living in Thonburi??

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start a job in Bangbon area and am cureently looking for condos around Thonburi. I am prepared to commute but have no idea how much condos are around Thonburi- does anyone out here live there?? Am I mad to live that far from my workplace? I was thinking of sharing a taxi in the morning and getting on the air-cond bus on the way back....

Any responses regarding commuting/condos recommendations much appreciated! Thanks!

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Commuting long distances gets old REALLY fast, live a nice distance from work (no more than 30 mins) is what I would recommend.
    Daniel Bedingfield claimed that his new album is what it would sound like if Sting, Stevie Wonder and Micheal Jackson were in a basement together - I haven't got the album so I'll have to imagine the sound of a blind bloke and a Geordie kicking the shit out of a pedophile.

bet
    Awaiting mod approval... Array bet's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

That commute ain't as bad as it used to be know that the BTS crosses the river. I would agree with Cream, you want to live near where you work in Bangkok. However, that Bangbon is not very nice and there is very little to do outside school hours. Living near Wong Wian Yai would be a happy medium, not such a bad commute and easy to get into BKK should you so desire.
    Note for the dimensionally retarded: 6" = 150 mm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Thanks for words of advice! Do you know if there are any resonably cheap (around 10k) condos around Wong Wian Yai? Or are they more like 15k around there?

bet
    Awaiting mod approval... Array bet's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Condos aren't as cheap as they used to be round there, but you'll certainly get a nice big studio for under 10K.

vCash
    Thanks

Go to this link www.mrroomfiner.com, and type in the area you want, they have tons of reasonably priced places, and I agree keep your commute to a minimum for good life-work balance.
    "Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own." -- Nikos Kazantzakis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Working Towards a Better Life
    for Thailand Soi Cats & Dogs

vCash
    Thanks

I always fancied living over at Thonburi but never did get there. I did spend a year in Klong Saan a few years ago though, which was the happiest time of my life in Bkk. Top floor of the Baan Chao-Praya (31st) and the most spectacular views you could ever dream of, especially at night.

Commuting around the city ain't like it used to be. Heck, I can remember a good few years back before the sun was blocked from Sukhumvit by the BTS. Teachers would be hanging on the outside of little green buses for dear life (or trapped inside a big aircon jobs). Sometimes it could take over an hour just to get from Thonglor to Asoke!

Anyway, have a look around Thonburi because hidden gems are literally everywhere. I've just moved into a fantastic condo in CM that's so cheap it's embarrassing to post the rent here! Condos are generally cheaper in rents, have more homely décor, and much cheaper bills, as they're not usually tied to the project but get billed direct from the National Grid.

Can you believe my cheapest electricity bill last year was 168 Baht for the coolest month (give or take), and I was home all day every day with computer on, TV in the background, and fan oscillating in the far corner. Oh, and snacks in and out of the micro all day long. I was also working late into the night, so all lights burning too during this time!

With a little patience and persistence agnagn, I bet you can find a right tidy pad (maybe even a 1 bed) for not much over 10,000 THB/Mo, but certainly a smart studio.

That brand new place (I think it's new) Metro Park Sathorn in Thonburi, apparently has some cheap joints and it seems to be a smashing building. Not too far from the newish Krung Thonburi BTS too.

Here's a link to one of them, and please don't think about giving me a virtual slap anyone because not only do I not live in the City of Angles, but I take nothing from nobody for pointing folks to the occasional property rental.

Anyway, wherever you end up, good luck agnagn. I always like to hear how home hunters get on hence setting up the site to begin with

Cheers

Aitch

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Many thanks everyone. Aitch- cheers, I've looked at Mr Roomfinder and will continue to do so! I'd ideally like a 1 bed condo with a bit more space and prefrerably a swimming-pool. I can pay up to 14k I think. I'd rather avoid living in Ban Khae but if I find a condo on the bus 7 route that takes 20 mins to Thonburi then I may give it a try...

vCash
    Thanks

If you are in Bang Bon doesnt the school offer you free accommodation?
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

ageing one-it probably does but I doubt I could live out there! Tried commuting between Thonburi and BB today and it was only 20 mins in a taxi and 150 baht. If I share the taxi it won't be too bad at the end of the day...

ps. i've seen some flats in Thonburi today-views form these condos are stunning but is it me or do other people out here also find that the deco and pieces of furniture are often more miss than hit?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agnagn View Post
    ageing one-it probably does but I doubt I could live out there! Tried commuting between Thonburi and BB today and it was only 20 mins in a taxi and 150 baht. If I share the taxi it won't be too bad at the end of the day...
    Thanks, I just had a mate that was there for years. The housing saved him over nearly half a million baht. Had a family as well. A lot different it you are single. Or is it. How about the opposite commute Friday till Sunday. Stay free and then come in for the weekends.