-->

Thread: Large Gated Thai House for rent. Opportunity!

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Icon7 Large Gated Thai House for rent. Opportunity!

I am doing this for a neighbour!

My neighbour's pal, a wealthy woman, has 2 houses in her gated compound. The smaller house (actually big about 240 m sq, 2 floors) is up for rent. 25.000b ono. It was used as offices for ten years (but was a house!) but now has new de-luxe type furns and is a house! Of course, it's clean because nobody lived there.

The place is modern airy Thai and is part-furnished. There are 3 large beds, kitchen, dining room with big oak table, TV, huge lounge with Thai sofas and even a maid room. I would have it, but it's too big. Suit a family or maybe 2 couples. Gay couples also OK, I guess.

It's near my place at Vipavadee soi 16. That's near Sutthisan and not far from Rachadapiesek MRT. BTS is Morchit then short cab. Lad Prao is 5 min. This is a Thai area, some farang but not many. 7-11, Laundry, Tesco Lotus and many food shops all within 5 min walk. Like a village.

link to pics etc---

http://www.momypedia.com/webboard_topic.aspx?tid=622919

Call me on 08521 06225 and I can arrange. I get no profit from this, but a bottle of good wine will accept.

or email pev100@hotmail.com

This house is in a gated compound and there are security guys. This means that folks visiting will have to pass by security, which some may not like...although you can leave your Rolex on the table because no bad boys get into this site. The main stipulation is that the tenancy is long-stay and the people are expected to be "stable" (no Nana cowboys), say, senior teachers or professionals. No backpackers or partyanimals. Kids are fine...there are swings and kid toys available next to the house. I like this house, but I already have one nearby. If you wanted to give classes at home, you could. The house is large. Car park and you even have yr own garden.

If u are interested, call me on the above mobile and you can meet the lady. No obligation etc etc.

paulEddy
    Last edited by pauleddy; 7th January 2011 at 16:52.

vCash
    Thanks

is up for rent. 25.000b ono
    25,000 baht? a month???

good luck...

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Icon11 yes 25.000 pm asking

I am only the intermediary here, because the lessor doesn't speak English. That was the price told to me.

I already have a house in the same soi.

I think she may be able to reduce some if u pressure.

But, it is a big house on 2 floors. I was in there yesterday, and it could easily swallow up a family with 2-3 kids, or even two couples. It is also secluded and gated, so very safe. One downside for some may be the area. It's nice, like a village---but its not in Silom or in Sukh. Its in a suburb on the southern edge of Chatuchak and Lad Prao, near Sutthisan. So, the MRT takes about 35 min to Silom. A cab to Silom is 100b-120b, incl. the toll.

I have no say in the price and cannot comment except to say that a house in town like this one would be more. 25,000 is a lot for a single teacher (etc.), but this house is way too big for one.

Aged old Fart Array Fortesque Smythe Brown's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Looking at the pictures it seems to be a fair proposition at the price.
    'Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media,
    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.'

vCash
    Thanks

You could easily swing several cats in there, good deal for a few ajarns getting together.
    When I was in America a guy told me to 'have a nice day' but I didn't, so I sued him

Senior Member Array Classic-Chassis's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I think 15 would be more like it considering the age of the house. 25 will get you a 3 bedroom house on a village, with pool and security mate.
    Those that want to read whatever they can want all freedoms, but have to understand they can have freedom, but it must be within the law.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Thanks

For the comments.

The house is pretty big, at about 240m sq living space. That's 600% more than a typical studio in Ploenchit.

I take the point about a village house at 15k, but most of those are further out, and could even be 6,000k if right out. This is a large house in the outer-inner burbs. Saphan Kwai is not far and Chatuchak about 5 min by cab.

Privately, I think that the owner would drop by 2-3k. But, she is a wealthy chinese-Thai lady and seems astute.

All the beds are new and still wrapped. There is even a TV already, but I guess that the tenant may wish to pay for TRUE or cable.

As the second house in a big compound, the owner kept it as a house for 10 years but used it as her office. As you can see, it looks like a house (and is one)--it's not an office block.

This house will not attract everybody. I like the area, just north of Sutthisan and south of Lad Prao, although the 35 minute MRT ride to Silom is a drag, so I use my car or take cabs everywhere. I envisage that it will suit a family or else a group of teachers or expats. There are 3 bedrooms, so each person or couple would pay 8,000 odd. There are swings and kids' toys in the private garden area.

It is very safe and quiet. As said, the woman has in-house (not contract) security staff on the gate. These guys are fine, and would be under strict instructions to "help" the tenant rather than be some kind of Big Brother. The only downer could be that, er.... "visitors to busy young men with hectic social lives" would have to ring the main gate bell after 9pm. If you were a busily virile young man, it could be noted that your nocturnal dalliances were frequent, which is why the emphasis on family, peace and security is given.

That's all I know. I don't want the house, cos mine is 200metres away and I'm fine, PLUS 240m is way too big for me to manage, especially as I don't have kids. The house is not mine and I am not earning from this.

Eddy

Call or email me to view

Size does matter! Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauleddy View Post
    Privately, I think that the owner would drop by 2-3k. But, she is a wealthy chinese-Thai lady and seems astute.
    Well, I would be interested in how much she offers the house for if it were a Thai that approached her. It's no secret that landlords jack the price the second they find out a farang is involved and you're involved from the start here so she knows it will be farang renters. Please have a Thai who doesn't know her call and inquire about the house 'out of the blue' and please tell us what price this landlord offers. The location is good and the price is almost within my budget, I'm interested.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Icon6 Yes, I noted too---

The ad in Thai is same. This was some kinda website where people post property for rent. 25k plus 50k deposit. Normal procedure. Aimed at Thais and completely in Thai.

I can give you the number of my neighbour, and someone can call in Thai. I am not going to hustle round and find a Thai who will pretend that they want it etc etc. Too many hoops, and I already have 2 jobs.

I am starting to be flamed by various people about this (Phil pls n.b.), like "the woman must be a cow" (she's not) and the sniping about going to Silom (I was only giving this as an example for location purposes). Yes, there are kids' toys of good quality (I agree that adults may not wanna play with them, etc.) I hadn't realized that there were so many bored and twisted people gonna jump down my neck, when all I have done is a favour for a nice woman across the road (I'm not earning and I'm no agent)---by helping her to get her house rented.

If you want to see the place, call me and I will make time (which is valuable to me) to help you deal with the landlady and view the place. 08521-06225. I know what it's like when you are desperate to find a suitable place, you have 3 kids, and nothing is going well in the looking.

If you are not interested in renting the place, but have nothing better to do than pass windy jibes or inane speculative comments...then you are only making yourself appear pompous or ill-informed, and you really need to get off the keys and get out more.

It's a very big house in a nice area. The woman knows that farangs will pay more. TIT. Thais, unless they are rich, and/or some part of the woman's family, or live in the maids' quarters cos they must--- may not want to share a gated compound of two houses.

Eddy

vCash
    Thanks

I am starting to be flamed by various people about this (Phil pls n.b.), like "the woman must be a cow" (she's not) and the sniping about going to Silom (I was only giving this as an example for location purposes).
    You've shown a lot of patience paul.

There probably is no need to respond further here.

Anyone interested knows where you are, and they also know the salient details.

This thread will probably tailspin.

I'm not clear why this part of the forum seems to not be moderated at all.

vCash
    Thanks

^ as opposed to the other parts, eh, Cy?

Paul, well done. A proper job of it, just looking out for your neighborhood. Looks pretty good, in any event. Some day in the not toooo distant future I could be looking for something just like this.

The TEFL hack garden variety 'we're teachers! who'd pay it' lark on these threads is annoying, I agree.
    Last edited by Matthew; 10th January 2011 at 04:23.

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

If you are not interested in renting the place, but have nothing better to do than pass windy jibes or inane speculative comments...then you are only making yourself appear pompous or ill-informed, and you really need to get off the keys and get out more.
    Well said, Paul -- always consider the demographic, here, of the type of rip into well-intentioned and informational threads like yours -- they type who think themselves teachers, and who who fiercely hold up the negative stereotype.

vCash
    Thanks

I hadn't realized that there were so many bored and twisted people gonna jump down my neck
    I'll admit that I need to get out a bit more.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrille View Post
    There probably is no need to respond further here.
    oh the almighty has spoken...

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Hi is the house still avaliable? My friend and I arrive in Thailand on March 1st 2011, and will begin working at an International school near Sathorn / Silom area. We do have 2 dogs and wanted to know if the lady would allow for dogs in the house? I've tried the link for the photo's but it doesn't appear to be working???
    Thanks Hilary