-->

Thread: Do (affordable) dog friendly houses exist near the Skytrain?

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Do (affordable) dog friendly houses exist near the Skytrain?

I am moving to Bangkok in two months with my wife and our dog Chester (he is a mix of pit bull and mastiff, very friendly and lots of energy, approximately 30kg.). Maybe I don't know where to look, but we are having a heck of a time finding houses or townhouses near the Skytrain (I will be working at Wells International near the On Nut station) for under 30k Baht per month (hopefully well under!) which allow large dogs, and I'm am beginning to wonder whether it will even be possible.

This is causing no small amount of stress, as our dog is like a member of our family and we're bringing him all the way from New Orleans (after many hours of trying to find an airline that didn't call foul about a pit/mastiff mix in the cargo hold!). Is there anyone with advice?

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Best thing to do, is to book your dog in boarding kennels for when you arrive then spend some time finding a house which do exist but are much easier to find once you're here.

Regular User Array The Quiet American's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Definitely.

But you're probably not going to find them online.

Or likely w/ a real estate agent.

They cater (or hope to cater) to the ex-pat, "my company is paying for my 80,000 a month" apartment crowd.

This means you may have to find it yourself via walking the streets near BTS stations. If you do this, bring an umbrella for shade and water to drink. Bring more water and a small bowl if Fido is w/ you.

You'd be looking for phone numbers on "for lease" signs. They're out there.

And, fyi, there's three new BTS stations scheduled to open along the Sukhumvit line past Onnut this September. This will bring a whole new world of housing into play for us farang.

Bonne chance.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildchris View Post
    Best thing to do, is to book your dog in boarding kennels for when you arrive then spend some time finding a house which do exist but are much easier to find once you're here.
    Absolutely good advice, you may even find a kennel that will pick up the dog from swampy and take it to their kennels as part of the service

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    If you can't say something nice about someone, shut the f*k up
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Finding an apartment or even a condo complex which takes even small dogs is quite difficult. Both mrroomfinder and 9apartment.com have listings that indicate whether a place will accept dogs, however, to my knowledge neither one has a search function that would make the process easier. There used to be a company that purported to be a resource for that purpose but I must have called them over 6 times without a response. Your best bet is to look for a townhouse that accepts pets in the Onnut, Udomsuk or Bangna area, since townhomes in those areas will be cheaper than in town. You might also try posting on thaivisa.com in the pets section, although there are a few unpleasant posters there. If I hear of something, I will PM you. Best of luck, BG

swing you sinners! Array Mr. Hales's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

wow, who'd inflict bangkok on a poor dog?

"vast and black. the thing that was poised, like a crow over the moon. round and smooth. cannon balls. things that have fallen from the sky to this earth. our slippery brains. things like cannon balls have fallen, in storms, upon this earth. like cannon balls are things that, in storms, have fallen to this earth. showers of blood. showers of blood. showers of blood. " c.f.

A lousy and daring fellow Array Bubba's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Most houses for rent will allow dogs. Just don't tell the landlord until the deal is signed and sealed. Lived in several houses in BKK and never had a problem. House for 30K in On Nut is easy to find.
    Nuts In A Blender