-->
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buying a House in Thailand...

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IsaanAlex
    The more I see of Thai 'culture', the less I like it. Although, to be fair, (and I think I was ) I am not enamored with the general 'nature' of women and/or... 'marriage'; Thai or otherwise...
    May I suggest a ladyman, you could then enjoy the best of both worlds & she wouldn't be entitled to half your pension/ assests once the relationship turns sour.

a genuis in his own right Array Humbert's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I bought a house you know.

stāj wən pro·gen·i·tor Array IsaanAlex's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Congratulations. It is in your name I hope.

Harry wrote

& she wouldn't be entitled to half your pension/ assests once the relationship turns sour.
    I have a feeling you are now wrong in countries that have allowed 'same sex' marriages or recognise 'common law' marriages between same-sex individuals. ...

Times are a'changin' Harry.

IA
    I said this is a test...

vCash
    Thanks

My Thai girlfriend was as Alex described it: couldn't recognize kindness, only saw weakness in my behavior, whether it was asking her where she wanted to go or being attentive to her and on the gentler, intimate side sexually! And each time she seemed to be storing up strength and audacity, looking for chinks in the armor, ready to pounce whenever something went wrong. And ALWAYS, ALWAYS accusing me of cheating on her!

Anyway, can't imagine marrying one. But then there all the shortcircuiting that occurs in a white mans' brain over there, confronted as one is with the....kryptonyte. :twogirls:

Added after 1 minutes:

I pray to the Buddhas: keep me safe and sane.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Oink Oink!
    Canadians please keep putting flags on your backpacks not only does it tell us your not American we also get to avoid you dull bastards.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    Canadians please keep putting flags on your backpacks not only does it tell us your not American we also get to avoid you dull bastards.

Ha!

Yeah, some Americans these days think they should front as Canadians when travelling overseas, because it's safer and all. But I'd rather disguise myself as a stale loaf of bread.

No, actually some of my favorite people are Canucks- and no matter where they are from, they all end up in the US or in Montreal: now that's not a dull place! no sir. :smile:

vCash
    Thanks

Harry wrote:

And Harry, just one last piece of advice and a confession.

I've been winding you up all along.

[sorry :sad: ]

So let me 're-advise' you...

What you need to do is get your butt over here with your little terak and git yerselves married all 'legal-like'. That's right. A full-on legal marriage preferably witnessed by a high-ranking police offical well known to her family. And don't frget sinn sott.

The going rate for slappers is about 200,000 baht. So I think as yours is a keeper you should offer the family in the neighborhood of 300-400,000 baht. Although 500,000 would not be untoward and may begrudgingly be accepted. Thais have a concept of face and wouldn't want to cost you face by turning down your offer. And you don't want to cost them face by offering too little.

Just think how much they'll everlastingly appreciate your kindness. Because they will. Thais not only smile alot (cause they are so 'appy) but they are an appreciative lot. :smile:

Next you'll want to get a house and wheeels sorted out. I'd advise both go straight into your wives name. I mean, it is love right? And you are man and wife right? What could go wrong....

And lastly, to keep the peace I think an allowance should be worked out for your wife. Thais consider love and security two sides of the same coin.

So, as your wife will probably tell you (along with many elderly Germans propped up on a barstool 24/7)...Thais are poor people. I mean, a worker at McDonalds is on a starvation wage of about 20,000 baht per month. So might I suggest that you put your wife on an allowance-no less than 20,000 baht a month mind you, or you're basically saying she's worth less than a McDonalds employee in your mind. And that would cost her 'face' (see above)

If you give her more she will be much happier (and probably luuurve you much more) as she can then drip in gold and everyone will admire her new understated 'mea falang' attire. This will also enable her to 'gain face'....

And what should she do for this standard of living. Well, taking care of you for one. Naturally. And taking care of all the bills. Like the 5,000 baht phone bill and the 8,500 baht utilities bill...

And that's it. Voila. Eternal happiness in the welcoming 'Land of Smiles' is yours. Really.

What could go wrong.....

Yours Truly,

Alex the Dull CanAdIAn.

vCash
    Thanks

No No No. Dont pay that much its a scam. Also be sure you get some of it back if not all of it. I did not pay even 100,000 and that was for a women making double my salary at the time of marraige. All these figures being tossed around are based on how much can the bar girl fleece the prospective husband for. If you have any questions I will gladly answer any PM's. In addition I have over 10 friends married to Thais in similar situations to mine and they have never topped a hundred grand either.
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

vCash
    Thanks

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

And don't frget sinn sott.
    I have already stated that I will not pay the Sinsot tax on the basis that the family are not dirt poor Isarn farmers. I consider it a closed issue.

vCash
    Thanks

Its very true Alex. I cant even imagine the figures you are quoting. On other points of yours you are right but in this case no.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234