-->

Thread: Wanted: Apt of my dreams-bangkapi area

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Request Wanted: Apt of my dreams-bangkapi area

Hi All,

I have to move & I need a place in Bangkapi ASAP.

The mall area is pretty nice and easy access to the bus line is pretty important. Ideally my dream apt has a pool, some fitness equipment, a balcony, internet and a kitchenette and it's pretty cheap (like 7,000 baht max). I'm flexible and I do know about Bangkok Interplace but it is a 15 min walk to the bus and the tiny rooms are now being advertised for 9k baht. Any suggestions?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Thanks

I left Ramkhamheang soi 65 a while back - prices are indeed shooting up. Single rooms with aircon go for around 4500 to 5000 baht now - and nearer to the Mall means high prices too. You need to get down there and take a look yourself - many places are not advertised as rooms are rented out within a day or two of being vacated.
    ~The beginning is the word and the end is silence.
    And in between are all the stories. This is one of mine~

freak of nature Array 3leggedkitty's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

there goes bento box again with his sky is falling shtick. i suppose soi 65 is desirable for all the hot young things clustered there in drab and plain studenty accoms, but i'm partial to trees and shit, and bang kapi is literally swelling with all kinds of dwellings for all price ranges. dress nicely and get walking. nearer to the mall does not mean high prices.

unless of course people see 'bonehead swaggering smartass' practically tattooed to your forehead. if i were a landlord and saw someone i didn't want to rent to, my prices certainly would "shoot" up too. good lucky, there's plenty of choice.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Ty, I've looked on foot for more than a week and looked like crazy online. I don't speak Thai and no one seems to speak English. I'm hoping for a link or two or a "I live here and it's great" type answer :-). I'm in my late 30's, quiet and also like trees but a pool would be a REALLY REALLY nice thing to come home to :-). Thx again :-)

vCash
    Thanks

There were trees when I moved there - but now they're mostly replaced by new apartments. Land prices were around 100,000 baht per 4 sq metres when I was asking about 3 years ago.

I'd suggest going from Ramkhamheang road starting somewhere past FBT building and heading away from the University and trying some of the soi's between there and Ladprao. If you need somewhere temporary to help out there is a pretty cheap hotel (Princess Chaleena) in soi 65 on the left hand side (before you get to the petrol station, a few hundred yards past the bridge/chaleena hotel) that's reasonable.

Avoid soi 53 - it's full of thieves - soi 65 is too busy, noisy, and has lots of trouble nowadays. I looked at a condo on the other side - Ladprao - and your other option is to cruise from The Mall up Ladprao and take a look into some of the areas on the left side (in the soi's). You might need to think about buying a small bike to let you live further in the soi. Everyone wants to live next to the transport - prices on Ladprao and Ramkhamheang are always high, despite what kitty will tell you.

The next place to look is the other side of Lamsali - Ramkhamheang road going towards Minburi. The further you go, the lower the prices get.

Builders went crazy in about 2006 and haven't stopped since...

Every room in this building was rented out before they finished building it.

The new building in the foreground offers 22 sq metre rooms for 4500. Internet will cost an extra 600 (crappy shared wifi internet) and TV channels are extra. Electricity is 7 baht per unit.

Finally a picture I took at the end of 2008 shortly before I left the area - too many buildings for my taste.

Sure, lots of choice and options - but certainly the prices are not nearly so reasonable as you might expect. It gets cheaper if you go out on Nawamin road (maybe 2500 to 6000 is possible), quieter too, but you'd need to sort out transport - and traffic is bad around The Mall area.
    Last edited by Ben2talk; 26th July 2011 at 17:51.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Thanks a lot Ben2Talk. I will ck it out. Thx for the Princess suggestion-it's good to know if I don't come up w/ anything fast enough :-).

vCash
    Thanks

There's a place behind the Mall on the other side of the canal.

But it has a grim history of a farang who leapt off a balcony, hitting a wall on the way down where his head came off. The rest of his body ended up in the canal.
    Went to the north of England last week, I was up near Cambridge

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I lived at Ladprao soi 128/2 or 130 depending on who you ask. It is about halfway between The Mall Bang Kapi and Lad Prao Hospital / Big C. Here's a thread on it with pics of one of the units. It has two pools, but not a gym. I belive there are a couple of gyms close by though, toward The Mall BK. Can anyone confirm this?

http://www.ajarnforum.net/vb/houses-...-000-baht.html (Bargain!! Nice And Peaceful Condo on Ladprao Road For Sale Only 600,000 Baht)

vCash
    Thanks

^ I don't know about the gyms toward the Mall from 128, but there is a gym on Soi Mahatai, I used to got there.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

If you are interested in City Villa Condo at Ladprao soi 128/2, I think I can help you to find a unit for rent here. But there is no gym as Natalie already told you. there is fitness first gym at the mall bangkapi on the 5th fl. and condo is located about 5 stops from the mall bangkapi.

rent price is about 4000 - 5000 including management charges

you can contact me if you need some help.