Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Police find car bomb in Times Square

Senior Member Array johnny larue's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

This isn't the UK. Muslims avoid normal Americans where I live. Similar to Moonies, Hasidic Jews, Evangelical Christians, Jehovahs Witnesses, and every other cult - they don't integrate.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be. - TJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

swing you sinners! Array Mr. Hales's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

^ so that's a reason not to go and explore these things yourself rather than staying at home and getting your opinions from tv? you might need to put in a little effort to learn something you know...
    "vast and black. the thing that was poised, like a crow over the moon. round and smooth. cannon balls. things that have fallen from the sky to this earth. our slippery brains. things like cannon balls have fallen, in storms, upon this earth. like cannon balls are things that, in storms, have fallen to this earth. showers of blood. showers of blood. showers of blood. " c.f.

Senior Member Array johnny larue's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hales View Post
    so that's a reason not to go and explore these things yourself rather than staying at home and getting your opinions from tv? you might need to put in a little effort to learn something you know...
    By your reasoning, I should be out interviewing any and every third worlder over here. Pardon me Hales, but you have mistaken me for someone who gives a shit.

swing you sinners! Array Mr. Hales's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnny larue View Post
    ...you have mistaken me for someone who gives a shit.
    ah, you see how easy it was for me to be mistaken...posting on this thread, engaging me on this topic...

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrille View Post
    It seems that by implication you are saying that devout catholics should have distanced themselves. I don't remember that happening. In fact the war, given the misnomers of 'struggles' and 'troubles' was seen, quite rightly as being more than a mere faith based conflict. Yet it seems freom the general tenor of this thread that these actions make muslims somehow under suspicion simply because they are muslim as far as you and other posters are concerned. I'm interested in this seeming discrepency
    very very fair points Cyrille.

I suppose we are looking at two elements - Catholics and Irish. Agreed, both should have distanced themselves from the bombing campaigns if they were not supporters of the IRA and its factions, in my opinion. Having said that, it would be a brave man or woman who lived on the Falls Road to voice such thoughts - remember the knee cappings of the IRA punishment squads. I would keep my mouth firmly shut, I have to say.

This then triggers the question, do the Muslims have punishment squads in the US and UK? We hear of these fundamentalist clerics in their madrasses both in Muslim countries and the UK and US. would they put about that they know where your extended family back in the 'auld contree' live and will take punitive actions if dissent is voiced in our countries (where Islam in not the national faith)

Of course, we have witnessed the moral depth of the Catholic church whose priests backed the British during the 'troubles', failed to register any protests against Nazi Germany and have protected their paedo elements over decades, so i wouldn't be looking to that section for any show of honour over and above their own interests.

You are right to question the branding of a whole group of people as evil. Indeed, the kangaroo courts of the Guilford 5/6/7?? and similar unjust verdicts brought by a police force upgainst the wall and in need to be seen to be doing their jobmore than justify your concerns. It is precisely because of such knee jerk reactions that the Muslim community should be doing its untmost to condemm those who committ atrocities in the name of their prophet. It is beholdent to Muslim community leaders to be seen to be keeping order within their communities if they wish to be accepted by their adopted nation (no matter how many generations they go back)

You may argue that Anglo Saxons go back to Northern Europe and by the rational of my last paragraph should have been interned during the Great War and WW2 but I'm pretty sure that a 1000 years of intergration had made us apart of the mix - not so with muslims. They are marginal and need to do all they can not to be marginalised, singled out and cast as 'The Beast' in the US and UK.

It's a pr issue the Muslims need to address and soon because I haven't seen any reports of Johova Witnesses/Scientologists/Church of Englanders/Moonies/Methodists/Mormons et al blowing up buildings/cars/aircraft/trains in the name of Mohammed and Allah. Only Muslims

---Update---

Shiiiit. I should have run for PM in today's election. Now would any of you vote for me? I know my old mate MR would be the first to lead the charge to putting me into Number 10
    The error returned was:

Your posting permissions have been removed
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Watchman Array Farangrakthai's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady View Post
    It's a pr issue the Muslims need to address and soon because I haven't seen any reports of Johova Witnesses/Scientologists/Church of Englanders/Moonies/Methodists/Mormons et al blowing up buildings/cars/aircraft/trains in the name of Mohammed and Allah. Only Muslims
    the comparison with the irish catholics is interesting.

and that was solved with a political solution, right? george mitchel, from the states helped out with those negotiations.

the same is needed in the middle east as the old saying goes "wars and fighting is politics by other means" or something like that.

george mitchel is currently working on bringing the israelis and palestinians together to establish a palestinian state. solving that middle east conflict will help a lot as well as the u.s./u.k. finishing up their military adventures/nation building in iraq and afghanistan.

rock, do you think an ordinary muslim in the middle east or elsewhere would be angry with the u.s. and u.k. for any other reason than american and british foreign policy and invasions/occupations in the middle east?

you don't buy george bush and the neocon's line that "they hate us because they hate our freedom", do you?

America has yet to be challenged to such a degree but if the terrorist attacks on your country continue, I feel that Field Marshall Bill O'Reilly will unite the masses
    unite the masses to do what?

Originally Posted by tomcat
    you swampies should have a congratulatory group hug and share a bottle of Chang...

"Fear and Guilt are your only enemies. Love and Awareness are your true friends" -
    google_ad_section_end -->

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farangrakthai View Post
    and that was solved with a political solution, right? george mitchel, from the states helped out with those negotiations
    I'm not sure its actually over, yet. I heard that another bomb blew up a week or two ago but didn't get around to checking the details of the situation. I think it may simmer down but not sure if there ever will be a satisfactory conclusion for all. FRT, sadly, we weren't taught anything really about the issues when I was at school and they probably don't teach it now, either.

---Update---

rock, do you think an ordinary muslim in the middle east or elsewhere would be angry with the u.s. and u.k. for any other reason than american and british foreign policy and invasions/occupations in the middle east?
    a sizeable lot of Palestinians must be well pissed off with us over giving their land to create Israel and I wouldn't blame them. However, T E Lawrence did us a lot of good with the Arabs, I think but they probably got sold out later on like we are famous for doing so maybe we lost that lot as well.

The Muslims do preach that anyone who is not Muslim is an infidel and should be wiped off the earth so that could be one reason why they aren't too impressed with people of other faiths including those in the UK and US and of course our Women are better looking on average though with the Burka being so popular its a bit hard to be sure

---Update---

a sizeable lot of Palestinians must be well pissed off with us over giving their land to create Israel and I wouldn't blame them. However, T E Lawrence did us a lot of good with the Arabs, I think but they probably got sold out later on like we are famous for doing so maybe we lost that lot as well.

The Muslims do preach that anyone who is not Muslim is an infidel and should be wiped off the earth so that could be one reason why they aren't too impressed with people of other faiths including those in the UK and US and of course our Women are better looking on average though with the Burka being so popular its a bit hard to be sure

---Update---

you don't buy george bush and the neocon's line that "they hate us because they hate our freedom", do you?
    No. That's just silly

---Update---

unite the masses to do what?
    Probably to buy his book 'bold fresh', the old dawg

The Watchman Array Farangrakthai's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I'm not sure its actually over, yet.
    well, some problems with the real IRA, though, the IRA has decomissioned all its weapons, right? and is participating in governing and politics, not fighting.

The Muslims do preach that anyone who is not Muslim is an infidel and should be wiped off the earth so that could be one reason why they aren't too impressed with people of other faiths including those in the UK and US
    but foreign policy, wars, invasions and occupations is likely a bigger reason, right?

---Update---

Probably to buy his book 'bold fresh', the old dawg

vCash
    Thanks

but foreign policy, wars, invasions and occupations is likely a bigger reason, right?
    I would have thought so. It can't be pleasant having an invading army consisting of a number of countries rock up, roll through your nation and tell you they are doing you a huge favour Having said that, in Iraq, at least Saddam's party and brand ofIslam controlled the top jobs and the ecomony if I remember rightly, even though they were in the minority. so the invasion may have opened up opportunities for many who would have had jack under the old regime (back to the Catholics and Proddies in Northern Ireland, in away)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678