Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obama signs jobs bill right B4 election

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnny larue View Post
    Some pretty ignorant posts here. Nothing unusual. Political payoffs for political support. Should be obvious to even the drunks on here.
    You can tell that to the tens of thousands of teachers who will not be terminated this year, their families, and the hundreds of thousands of students they teach.
    Last edited by Hamster; 11th August 2010 at 13:40.
    ...you get what you need.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Member Array johnny larue's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    You can tell that to the tens of thousands of teachers who will not be terminated this year, their families, and the hundreds of thousands of students they teach, and the parents of those students.
    I certainly would - and do. You are obviously convinced that govt bureaucrats are the most important people in the world. I disagree. You also don't know a thing about govt funding and budgets.

Money is fungible. Allocations to states for teacher jobs can easily be used for whatever purpose the state decided. Standard govt sucker play.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be. - TJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pretty Like Girl Array WilliamBlake's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold! View Post
    I hope the Demos will get spanked in these coming elections.
    Always heartwarming to see that people are still capable of objective analysis.
    The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

~L.P. Hartley

President of the Galaxy Array zaphodbeeblebrox's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Obama signs jobs bill right B4 election This is really getting ridiculous. How many stimuli and jobs bills has there been? An election is less than 12 weeks away. Federal money to pay the state's teachers. Another temporary band-aid on a bullet wound. I hope the Demos will get spanked in these coming elections.
    Arnold! FYI "ajarn" means teacher. Maybe you should head back to TD with your tail between your legs. A teacher supports employment for teachers internationally. We don't need a red coat Austrian immigrant telling us that this bill is just politics. I'm sure the governator supports it anyway.

vCash
    Thanks

This is about votes. Nothing more; nothing less.

This is a temporary band-aid. One year from now, the problem will be the same.

vCash
    Thanks

The thing is Obama has been saving teachers jobs in various states long before this bill came to light. I don't mind more money being thrown at keeping teachers and policeman employed.

vCash
    Thanks

I find it strangely ironic that people who work or have worked as TEACHERS making more than their Thai counterparts (and possibly having less experience than them) would have issues with the US government dishing out more money to schools.

Seriously...wouldn't it be nice if our taxes actually went to something that IMPROVES society?

Call me an idealist, but I think there's much worse things to criticize Obama about than this.
    more time for wastin'

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslevi View Post
    I find it strangely ironic that people who work or have worked as TEACHERS making more than their Thai counterparts (and possibly having less experience than them) would have issues with the US government dishing out more money to schools. Seriously...wouldn't it be nice if our taxes actually went to something that IMPROVES society? Call me an idealist, but I think there's much worse things to criticize Obama about than this.
    The issue is IMO, is a temporary band-aid that will last 9 months, and is applied 12 weeks before an election. It has to be the states to deal with this.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Missle Command Champion!
    is a temporary band-aid
    Sometimes a band-aid, applied at the right time, can prevent a nasty infection and serious problems later.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by latm View Post
    Sometimes a band-aid, applied at the right time, can prevent a nasty infection and serious problems later.
    The nasty infection and serious problem is here, now.

Seriously. It's even in the mainstream media now. The MSM has finally acknowledged that the US is up the creek and there is no paddle.

Something Or Other... Array panhunger's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/09/op...09krugman.html

But Washington is providing only a trickle of help, and even that grudgingly. We must place priority on reducing the deficit, say Republicans and “centrist” Democrats. And then, virtually in the next breath, they declare that we must preserve tax cuts for the very affluent, at a budget cost of $700 billion over the next decade.
    In effect, a large part of our political class is showing its priorities: given the choice between asking the richest 2 percent or so of Americans to go back to paying the tax rates they paid during the Clinton-era boom, or allowing the nation’s foundations to crumble — literally in the case of roads, figuratively in the case of education — they’re choosing the latter.
    It’s a disastrous choice in both the short run and the long run.
    "Goddamn it Lord, bless oh ye this bacon..."

George Liquor American

vCash
    Thanks

Let's throw another $3 billion to distressed homeowners - now. Good timing:
    --------------------------
    $3 billion more for jobless homeowners

By Hibah Yousuf, staff reporterAugust 11, 2010: 2:02 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Obama administration is making $3 billion in additional funds available to help troubled homeowners avoid foreclosure.

One part of the plan, announced Wednesday, includes a new $1 billion program that will offer loans to unemployed borrowers at risk of losing their homes. The loans, which will be dispersed through nonprofit and housing agencies, will carry 0% interest and be good for a maximum of $50,000 for up to two years.

Entire: $3 billion more on the way for unemployed homeowners - Aug. 11, 2010

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by panhunger View Post
    asking the richest 2 percent or so of Americans to go back to paying the tax rates they paid during the Clinton-era boom, or allowing the nation’s foundations to crumble — literally in the case of roads, figuratively in the case of education — they’re choosing the latter.
    So America needs to produce a certain number of Opra Winfreys and Donald Trumps in order for American children to have good education, and roads repaired?

What a crock of shit.
    Be nice to America, or we'll bring democracy to your country too...

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Look at this! And none of these fools live in America. Just like Limbaugh, take any social issue and blame it on Obama.

vCash
    Thanks

^ Don't know who you're referring to Johnny D, but I do not blame Obama for any - no, not any - of the current problems the US has.

These massive and many problems have been in the making for many decades. I believe it started in earnest after WWII in 1946.

I just don't like the way Obama is dealing with it. I detest GWB and the GOP much more than Obama (as I posted so for years, here).

I'd rather have Obama-Biden in the White House than McCain-Palin anyday.

But as I've always not liked the Executitve or Congress, (except for Clintong who I liked) I don't like the powers that be (tptb) right now.

I do not blame Obama for anything.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast