--> International House - Bangkok

Thread: Lesson Plan Idea: Mobile Phone Advertisement

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

lessonplans.com
    Last edited by jonny danger; 17th November 2008 at 09:26.

playing the field... Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: Lesson Plan Idea: Mobile Phone Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jonny danger View Post
    Not that difficult, mate. First day tell them to take out their cell phones, than ask: Does anyone want to sell your phone today? They'll be some yes' and some no's.
    Well, I want to sell mine. And you want to sell yours as well. First I'll sell mine ... what should I do? You'll get "let me see it" or something close. You say, no. I want to show it to more public than you OR this class. I want to make an adver. Take out your phone, (if you have one) draw it on the board. Then ask about a phone's features. They'll say: camera, video, bluetooth, etc. You say, no, mine has none of that, does yours? (to the Ss) So take out your phone and do what I have done - make a flier and made your presentation to the class ... I'll go first. Slowly finish your over-sized flier listing everything you can think of, features, the phones age, the ad-ons, price, your phone #, etc. Then sell your phone to the class, first. Then ask them to do the same.

All Thais have mobile phones, if they don't they're not Thai This will break the ice over talking cause they have something in their hand they know a lot about, and get the chance to show it off. Thais are proud of their phones. If a S pulls out an old beater make fun of it with him/her. Say the word, CHOY (out of fashion) in a laughing way. They'll like that, it's the Thai way. Whatever you do you must make your class fun. Ss must look forward to going there. It's all up to you, bro.

PS get there early on turn on the AC. 40!!!
    Great stuff JD! I've used this one several times. It's a great ice-breaker, first day of a new class lesson.
    Last edited by Eric; 24th January 2009 at 13:09. Reason: :laugh:
    Follow the three Rís: Respect for self Respect for others and Responsibility for all your actions.
    --Erma Bombek