Thread: Anyone worked in Marketing? just after a bit of advice.

vCash
    Thanks

Anyone worked in Marketing? just after a bit of advice.

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this, I'm just after a bit of advice really. I have my last course at Ramkhanghaeng university and it's proving to be a bit tricky, it's a free elective about consumer behavior, great course and an excellent professor. However I have to research the image of coffee from a consumer's perspective and as many online journals there are you have to pay to view them, there are news items too but don;t seem to dig that deep.

Did any of you used to work in the marketing industry? is there anywhere i should be looking in particular for decent information?

Thanks in advance.
    'After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box'

vCash
    Thanks

Yup, I'm an ex marcoms guy.

Please PM me otherwise the conversation will just turn to the usual mush in here!!!

Senior Member Array Getorfmoiland's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Changing consumer perspective over time or current?
    "Always forgive your enemies -- Nothing annoys them so much !"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

I did marketing in college and I failed the first year of marketing at university pretty well so....

I remember reading a lot about the maxwell house adverts, Maxwell House - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

That's pretty much all I remember from 3 years...

Xerographic Detournements Array re_fuse's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

By the way if anyone here is in advertising or marketing... kill yourself.

No, no, no it's just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day, they'll take root - I don't know. You try, you do what you can. Kill yourself.

Seriously though, if you are, do.

Aaah, no really, there's no rationalisation for what you do and you are Satan's little helpers. Okay - kill yourself - seriously. You are the ruiner of all things good, seriously. No this is not a joke, you're going, "there's going to be a joke coming," there's no fucking joke coming. You are Satan's spawn filling the world with bile and garbage. You are fucked and you are fucking us. Kill yourself. It's the only way to save your fucking soul, kill yourself.

Planting seeds. I know all the marketing people are going, "he's doing a joke..." there's no joke here whatsoever. Suck a tail-pipe, fucking hang yourself, borrow a gun from a Yank friend - I don't care how you do it. Rid the world of your evil fucking makinations. Machi... Whatever, you know what I mean.

I know what all the marketing people are thinking right now too, "Oh, you know what Bill's doing, he's going for that anti-marketing dollar. That's a good market, he's very smart."

Oh man, I am not doing that. You fucking evil scumbags!

"Ooh, you know what Bill's doing now, he's going for the righteous indignation dollar. That's a big dollar. A lot of people are feeling that indignation. We've done research - huge market. He's doing a good thing."

Godammit, I'm not doing that, you scum-bags! Quit putting a godamm dollar sign on every fucking thing on this planet!

"Ooh, the anger dollar. Huge. Huge in times of recession. Giant market, Bill's very bright to do that."

God, I'm just caught in a fucking web.

"Ooh the trapped dollar, big dollar, huge dollar. Good market - look at our research. We see that many people feel trapped. If we play to that and then separate them into the trapped dollar..."

How do you live like that? And I bet you sleep like fucking babies at night, don't you?

"What didya do today honey?"

"Oh, we made ah, we made ah arsenic a childhood food now, goodnight." [snores] "Yeah we just said you know is your baby really too loud? You know?" [snores] "Yeah, you know the mums will love it." [snores]

Sleep like fucking children, don't ya, this is your world isn't it?
    My Behaviour is a function of my experience .

My Personality is a composite of my behaviour patterns,of my

traits,adjustments and the roles that I play.

I act accordingly to the way I see things

:-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyG View Post
    have my last course at Ramkhanghaeng university and it's proving to be a bit tricky, it's a free elective about consumer behavior, great course and an excellent professor. However I have to research the image of coffee from a consumer's perspective
    From last weekend's Bangkok Post there's going to be a new Thai reality show that helps noobie business dudes start a coffee shop. Winner gets the shop sort of thing. I wonder if there's coincidence. Personally, I can't imagine any city anywhere needing more coffee shops, but that's what that BKK Post said.

Of course companies are going to protect their consumer data. It's their business edge after all.

Quote Originally Posted by re_fuse View Post
    Yeah your mods room discussion over on SZ is widely known you are fooling only fools
    Dang dude. Still chewing on that old bone? Kind of Whiteyesque (i.e. psychotic) don't you think? I'd be proud if I were you. You're the only poster banned over there.

bet
    Awaiting mod approval... Array bet's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I thought a survey would be the obvious place to start?

Write some statements and get it answered, use a Likert scale so you can do the statistics. You have access to a great many coffee drinkers on this forum. I, for one would be happy to contribute.
    Note for the dimensionally retarded: 6" = 150 mm

vCash
    Thanks

Cheers everyone, a survey would be a good idea but i have to mainly focus on trends and what the market says about it, not the guy on the street, would be fun to do that though.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Would the average western housewife know what to buy at the supermarket each week if their were no marketing people ?

How would they get their families washing whiter than white ?

A lousy and daring fellow Array Bubba's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by re_fuse
    I know all the marketing people are going, "he's doing a joke..."
    No. They aren't "going" anything. Because that would mean they care about what you have to say, or think it is interesting or thought-provoking, when the reality is it's the tantrum of a teenage boy in a heavy metal T-Shirt.

Nuts In A Blender

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by axact View Post
    Would the average western housewife know what to buy at the supermarket each week if their were no marketing people ?

How would they get their families washing whiter than white ?
    Buy the supermarket brand and save a packet?

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

anyone here tried launching an ipad/iphone app here in thailand? What do you guys think the best way to market this type of product here would be?

vCash
    Thanks

Implying the theory in real time scenario is pretty hard than what we think of, so I would suggest you to look for another job.

No space to add a decent Array you_me_no_savy_talk_talk's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DustyJoe View Post
    Implying the theory in real time scenario is pretty hard than what we think of
    converesing in English can be tricky too... may I suggest a different language??

---Update---

Not that this thread is still relevant, but... Ram has recently (ish) signed up to some sort of publication sharing system, so a lot of work you would normally have to pay for is available free for students

---Update---

I'm doing a BA and as such the only material I really need is a pencil... so, my cynical mind laughs a bit at Ram's obvious attempts at catching up with the big boys. It may well be different at a higher level of education at Ram, but for a BA you could cite most of what you need back to something like GCSE bites, or whatever other 4am educational shows they put on in the UK these days