Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Blacklist

bet
    Awaiting mod approval... Array bet's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: The Blacklist

Is there really a blacklist?

I think you're only PNG if they've nicked you for something and intend to deport you.

If they did have a blacklist, you could only remain here without getting caught if you had very little (ie nothing) to do with with immigration.

Surely any border-run or 90 day report could land you in hot-water if you were really 'blacklisted'?

vCash
    Thanks

i'm with bet.

"so please show no pity as we come up from the ground, and please remember as you kill us and cut us down that time will not wash clean the bloody face of history, and someone will breathe here again and they will hate you for what you leave." m.g.

Senior Member Array russellsimpson's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

^
    Me to. That sounds right.
    When being run out of town, get in front of the crowd and make it appear like a parade.

vCash
    Thanks

Found this with a little googling, may not apply but what the hell.

Thai Immigration Blacklist

PERSONS NOT WANTED IN THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND

Persona Non Grata

1. Those having no genuine and valid passport or document that can be used in lieu of a passport; or those having a genuine and valid passport or document for use in lieu of a passport without a visa issued by Royal Thai Embassies or consulates in foreign countries or by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Exceptions are aliens for whom no visa is required in certain special instances.

2. Those who have no appropriate means of earning a living once they have entered the Kingdom.

3. Those who, having entered the Kingdom to take up employment as laborers or practice other forms of manual work that require no special skill or training, or who violate the Alien Employment Act.

4. Those who are mentally unstable or who suffer from any of the diseases proscribed in the Ministerial Regulations. (c)

5. Those who have not been vaccinated against smallpox or inoculated or undergone any other medical treatment for protection against contagious diseases, and have refused to have such vaccinations administered by the Immigration Bureau doctor.

6. Those who have been imprisoned by the judgment of a Thai court or by a lawful injunction, or by the judgment of the court of a foreign country, except when the penalty is for a petty offence or negligence or is specifically cited as an exception in the Ministerial Regulations.

7. Those who have exhibited behavior which would indicate possible danger to the public or the likelihood of their being a public nuisance, a threat to the peace or safety of the public, or the security of the public or the nation, including those under warrant of arrest by competent officials of foreign governments.

8. Those for whom there is reason to believe that entrance into the Kingdom is for the purpose of being involved in prostitution, the trading of women or children, drug smuggling or other activities that are contrary to public morality.

9. Those having no money or bond as prescribed by the Minister under Section 14. (d)

10. Those categorized as persona non grata by the Minister under Section 16. (e)

11. Those who have been deported by either the Government of Thailand or that of another foreign country; those who have been sent out of the Kingdom by competent officials at the expense of the Government of Thailand unless the Minister makes an exemption on an individual, special-case basis.

c Leprosy, infectious tuberculosis, chronic elephantiasis, drug addiction, tertiary syphilis. d Reference: announcement of the Ministry of Interior, dated 8 May B.E. 2543 (A.D.2000).

(1) At least of 10,000 baht for a holder of a transit visa or "visa not required" category and visa on arrival (at least of 20,000 baht for a family).

(2) At least of 20,000 baht for a holder of a tourist visa or non-immigrant visa (at least of 40,000 baht for a family).

In instances where, for reasons of national welfare or the safeguarding of the public peace, culture, morality or welfare, or when the Minister considers it improper to allow any foreigner or group of foreigners to enter the Kingdom, the Minister shall have the power to exclude the said foreigner or group of foreigners from entering the Kingdom.
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blacklist
    ...chronic elephantiasis...
    that's me out then...

Blah! Blah! Blah! Array kenkannif's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Also alcoholics are also blacklisted from Thailand (came about a few years ago).

So AA members...look out you might be raided next time you have a meeting!!!

Riddle me this brother can you handle it
    Your style to my style you can't hold a candle to it
    Equinox symmetry and the balance is right
    Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night
    It's not how you play the game it's how you win it
    I cheat and steal and sin and I'm a cynic

vCash
    Thanks

Hey Josh I just cut and pasted it. I havent had to carry the old yellow card for 20+ years now.

Blah! Blah! Blah! Array kenkannif's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I know a few people that have been knocked back for a Thai Visa (from the Embassy/Consulates) as they'd visited countries that had yellow fever (I think that's the one) and not shown proof of a jab against it....or something.

Eat your Greens! Array greenleaf's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Call me the suspicious one, but Coupe 01 has been posting since Jul 06 about visa expiring, visa checks, help wanted, black list, and many things for sale... (nice honda, 4 door pickup, 1991 peugot, 2005 chevrolet, truck or car audio, TVs, pS2, DVD player
    He lists his job as fbi

Does not inspire alot of confidence for those of you looking to buy stuff from him.
    -----
    He may be a very lovely bloke, but I sure hope he is not teaching my kids...
    Last edited by greenleaf; 6th August 2007 at 18:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    my home:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elysian Fields Traveller Array pucky's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

--When I left Thailand 5 months ago, and after riFfling through MY passport, they really didn't want me to go--- bizZarrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRe---
    "It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

bet
    Awaiting mod approval... Array bet's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Those who have no appropriate means of earning a living once they have entered the Kingdom.
    Those who, having entered the Kingdom to take up employment.....that require no special skill or training
    We're all black-listed

Quote Originally Posted by Well
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack
    ..chronic elephantitis...
    thats me out then....
    Still got it in the whanger then well?

Ajarn Chicken Array Ajarn Chicken's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

coupe 01...how do i know i want to help you?

vCash
    Thanks

"4. Those who are mentally unstable "....

Well, that puts most of us Teflers on the list!
    __________________________________________________ ________

And I thought that it was just a car!

Ajarn Chicken Array Ajarn Chicken's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenleaf
    Call me the suspicious one, but Coupe 01 has been posting since Jul 06 about visa expiring, visa checks, help wanted, black list, and many things for sale... (nice honda, 4 door pickup, 1991 peugot, 2005 chevrolet, truck or car audio, TVs, pS2, DVD player
    He lists his job as fbi

Does not inspire alot of confidence for those of you looking to buy stuff from him.
    -----
    He may be a very lovely bloke, but I sure hope he is not teaching my kids...
    oh good idea.....i send him money to buy his belongings because he is an FBI agent and i can trust him......what is an american FBI agent doing on Thailand's blacklist?.....surely this would affect his employment back in the states....visa expiring...visa checks....how long has this man been away from work.....long enough to acquire 4 vehicles,etc.

nah! this .....i'll hang on to my cash thanks....

vCash
    Thanks

Really needs to know soon, but hasn't been back since Wednesday.

Perhaps Immi. saw his ads and blacklisted him 'cause they suspect him of belonging to a car-theft ring.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast