Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Firsts for your kids - Log them here.

vCash
    Thanks

Firsts for your kids - Log them here.

This thread is for you to tell us the first time your young children managed to do something for the first time. Major achievements like first steps or maybe they just said something clever. Post them here.

---

To get the ball rolling. My little girl decided to take herself to her potty today when she needed a wee, sat down and did the business.

Must work on getting her to pull her shorts down first......well, it's the first time she's gone without prompting so fairly impresssive anyway for me.
    LDMA - Ajarn Forum Admin
    -------
    Don't get me wrong - I don't want a 'serious' board but I'd like posts to be either genuinely amusing, informative and/ or thought provoking.
    Ian McNamara - July 2000

A clash with the management will not serve the purpose of your inner peace and therefore will deprive you from happiness. Thai Language School DOS, 2009

Only the bad person say the bad thing about the good thing.
    Anon. Thai DOS

El Jefe Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: Firsts for your kids - Log them here.

My son's first lazy excuse. I asked him to help around the house, he answered: "XXXXXXX help too much, now XXXXXXX no help."
    Are you actually reading this? Do you think I care?

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Only one reply? I thought alot more people would reply to this thread. I don't have kids, so I can't reply.

Blah! Blah! Blah! Array kenkannif's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Mine had his first bit of white wine over the weekend (a cheeky little number it was) and also had his first 'it's fucking freezing' swim.

Riddle me this brother can you handle it
    Your style to my style you can't hold a candle to it
    Equinox symmetry and the balance is right
    Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night
    It's not how you play the game it's how you win it
    I cheat and steal and sin and I'm a cynic

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus Array Umbuku's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Yesterday was the first time my son told off his mum for drinking too much.

"Mummy no drink whisky, mummy sad an crying, angry too. Daddy get angry and boxing you (no I wouldn't), mummy die leaow."

I swear I didn't feed this to him, he has just picked up on my displeasure at the wife when she drinks too much.
    Faith, by itself, isn't a good enough reason to believe. Instead, a belief must be defensible through reason, logic, and evidence.
    The idea that faith is somehow justified by the fact that the beliefs cannot be proven is a truly Orwellian position to adopt - not to mention intellectually and ethically dangerous.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Umbuku, have you driven her to this???

vCash
    Thanks

Mine played "the spinning round and round in a deliberate attempt to get dizzy" game yesterday for the first time.
    Last edited by LDMA; 18th December 2006 at 13:57.

vCash
    Thanks

First started walking Dec 7th at 9am at Darwin airport! Right out of the blue she just took off and made about 15 steps. Very confused looks on the other passengers faces as we both went for cameras and were clapping and carrying on!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

That's cool, MeMock. She probably wanted the right atmosphere and a good audience.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by natalie8
    Umbuku, have you driven her to this???
    Well, she can't drive either mate but to be fair she has always been a big drinker.
    I cut down a few years back now and have long dry spells of none at all.
    It's one of our love hate arrangements.
    I'd love her to stop drinking and hate it when she does drink.

Apparently earlier tonight my son added this to the previous.
    "Mommy no drink whisky tonight ok, take care me, daddy mai yu."

Couldn't have trained him better if I had tried.
    Last edited by Umbuku; 18th December 2006 at 22:42.

vCash
    Thanks

Mine wore proper knickers for the first time today...now on auto-pilot towards the potty when she needs a number 1.

She also played counting money with me for the first time today..all around the market she was counting four baht coins into my hand. A definite future capitalist.
    -----
    BTW Meemers, congrats to Ariya....it gets more tiring here on in....
    Last edited by LDMA; 20th December 2006 at 00:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I never kept track of the dates, but at one week shy of 10 months:
    1. He can crawl on and off furniture
    2. He can stand for short periods without support
    3. Knows the difference between mom and dad
    4. Learned his first Thai word (buah - or boring) and uses it correctly. Way funny when Mom says "Want to eat now?" and my son says "BUAH!"
    5. Has five teeth and is eating everything in sight

I'm sure there are more, I just can't rememberthem all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Had her first real toddler's temper tantrum yesterday in our local Vietnamese restaurant. Sent her soy milk flying everywhere and got a telling off, upon which she starting flinging her arms about and shouting and kicking. Kan and I stared the other way for about a minute, ignoring her until she stopped. Which she did, then got a cuddle.

She was really funny actually as somebody gave her this huge leftover bunch of balloons to play with in the restaurant. She's been used to only one or two balloons at home and I don't think she could believe her eyes at the 20-30 balloons of various inflation she'd been given.

She just stood there open-mouthed, jumping up and down shouting...."ooooh boon" for about 10 minutes. Then her mate Katie, whose Mum owns the restaurant came in and Malina started shouting "Katie look boon!" Really getting into the festive spirit.

vCash
    Thanks

Twas my little guys 4th birthday yesterday and a similar scene ensued on the arrival of 'pwesents' and of course the friends that brought them. He slept well last night that's for sure.

Teak Door (dot) com Array kingwilly's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Join DateJan 2005Posts3,309vCash500 Rep Power403
    Re: Tell us about your reds

awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc worldCVNT LDMA & MODS & KENKANNIF series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn the disc world series are great!awesome - pratchett adn
    Last edited by kingwilly; 29th January 2010 at 11:27.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast