Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soon to become a father.

vCash
    Thanks

Soon to become a father.

Well just over a month before my baby daughter is born. I've been chatting to ao a lot about having kids, and he's gave some great advice.

I've seen a few guys on the Forum have just become dads and was wondering if any one could give any good advise about when they first became a father.
    I'll leave it open in what advise you'd like to give.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: Soon to become a father.

Congrats, OEG. I hope you get some good replies. We have quite a few daddys on this forum.

vCash
    Thanks

have the "to go bag" ready. pack a bag with a little outfit for you baby and blanket/towel, diaper, and also stuff for your wife like magazines, maybe a food she likes, a book for you. its good to have that so when the time comes and if it comes quickly you can just grab that and go. maybe a few changes of clothes as well.
    I exposed my daughter to a lot of music when she was young and now she loves music, dancing, and playing music.
    hold on my daughter has just asked me to watch clifford the big red dog with her. be back.
    I've got to pick myself up Dust myself off And start all over again.
    -Peter Tosh

vCash
    Thanks

Thanks so far, should be in on the 26th November for the C-Section as long as she doesn't come before this.

Any advise regarding the C-Section.

vCash
    Thanks

My wife had that too. not sure there is much you can do except understand that your wife will be in agony for a while.

Xerographic Detournements Array re_fuse's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Congrats

expect to go without a Bonk for a while

My Mrs is getting ready to squirtout mini me Version 2.0 I hope it's a Piecies rather than an Aquarian

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OEG
    Thanks so far, should be in on the 26th November for the C-Section as long as she doesn't come before this.

Any advise regarding the C-Section.
    Give the missus lots of support. I was surprised what a major op it is. I was given the impresion its a bit of cut here and the jobs a good un. There are lots of stitches and she won't be able to lift much for a few months after the birth. Your life is about to change in many different ways. I love being a dad and hope you do to.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Advice: if you're in Bangkok, have the delivery at Chulalongkorn Hospital. Yes, it's a government hospital but a darn good one. My wife delivered there. We had a private room (totally modern and western) all to ourselves for four days! The entire birth, INCLUDING a four-day stay in the hospital was 12,000 baht.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Not in Bangkok just an hour and half north though.

Will be in a government hospital with a VIP room, but with the wife having a C-Section I think it will be a bit more than that.

Has anyone's wife had a C-Section out of Bangkok at a government hospital? any ideas of the cost?
    Not been told yet but have a figure of around 20,000 Bhat in mind.

vCash
    Thanks

My wife was in a government hospital (Wachira) for 4 days for a C-section. We had a private room which was adequate (air con, sofa and fridge) but a bit basic (no UBC). the care was excellent. The nurse were very kind and showed us how to feed the baby change nappies etc. The doctor was from another hospital who is an expert at C-sections. we booked him to look after the missus and he cost an extra 5 grand. The cost of everything else was less than 2 grand. Superb value for money.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

My wife in AUssie had 2 C sections, I watched the whole show and it seemd relatively painless. Not that I would like to do it.
    My wife here has no trouble dropping them.
    The carry bag is a good idea, but my Thai daughter was naked most of the time, only had a nappy when we were in the car for long periods.
    They love music, even now in the womb, my daughter is a mad rocker, has been since birth.
    They'll eat/drink anything once, you'll soon learn which ones they like. All my daughters liked to drink tomato juice, and a sip of beer a day of my fingers.
    Breast milk for the first 9 months, insist on it, best nutrition bubs can get. Most Thai mothers try to change to a bottle in less than 3 months.
    Don't push the baby to walk to early, bad for the legs formation.
    Make sure you share the nursing and bathing, you'll get a real kick out of it.
    First 12 months you'll never forget.

vCash
    Thanks

Been a father a few weeks - don't feel qualified to offer advice! Instead here's some random BS.

I sing to Nathan and talk to him a lot. Want him to love music as much as I do and play all kindsa styles but nothing too heavy yet (the motorhead CDs haven't been on, for example!) Talk in silly voices / different rhythms and try to provide aural / visual stimulation but without overloading him.

At first I though I might accidentally kill him through clumsy handling (like Lenny with the mouse in 'Of Mice And Men') but feel a lot more confident handling him now.

Haven't been able to bring myself to change any nappies yet, for which I feel quite bad. Keep telling myself that I'll play a much greater role when it comes to reading to him and playing. Have a lot of things I'd like him to get into -a martial art of some kind, playing guitar, but hopefully I won't be pushy and will let him find his own passions by drawing his attention to everything that's out there to see and do.

Good luck mate, and remember that we're all really making it up as we go along. In parenthood as in other areas!
    When the great lord passes the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts

acostumbrado equivocado Array happynz's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lor Ling
    Good luck mate, and remember that we're all really making it up as we go along. In parenthood as in other areas!
    Truth!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My alternative universe...
    Así pues, aquí estamos.

Ciao Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Good Luck and Congratulations..green back at ya.

God, I love mangoes! Array AjarnYaiMak's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Congrats on the baby. You will both be exhausted. My son is now 18 months..

Looking back, I could have offered her more support in the evening. I blindly expected her Thai family, who live 2 fecking sois away, to come and help, as Thais do. Instead, we got a lot of heartache from them.

I was lazy. It bites me now. Rarely can I calm him down if he is crying. Insist on you bottlefeeding, when mom is too tired of waking up.

We both insisted on breast feeding and up until his recent illness, he was breastfed. He hates bottles and does not drink nor like other milk. So start bottlefeeding soon. Get a breast pump for it. She always looks at other babies in envy when they are holding a bottle happily.

Now he is fine with me, but I work all day and sometimes until 10 pm. That is also biting my ass. So find time for the baby.

Walk the baby early morning, to get that vitamin d.

Don´t use baby soap for 2-3 months. Let the body get used to the outside first.

Those are my mistakes. Make of it as you like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast