Thread: Baby proofing the moo baan

Established User Array sittin sideways's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Baby proofing the moo baan

Hello fellow procreators,

My son is 10 months and gets into absolutely everything. He is filled with energy and mischief....i already feel for his first teacher.

Im searching for ways to make our life safer and easier

I have removed most of the dangers in my place (outlets & cords, cupboards & drawers) but what im looking to do is create or get some sort of baby fence to block off the kitchen from the living room and my office area. This isnt a door way im trying to block but a 20 ft wall im going for. An area in the house where we would feel comfortable leaving him for minute or two. His play pin / crib is just not big enough.

Back in SF, my brother paid some lady thousands to come and do this shit for him, but i dont have the $ and that type of safety precaution is far too advanced for this land of babies riding shotgun.

We have NO area to leave him so we can even go have a poop in peace

Please advise.

vCash
    Thanks

Re: Baby proofing the moo baan

My place was filled with dangerous stairways and such. we built little gates all around so she couldnt fall down the steps. it worked. you cant really leave a 10 month old alone unless they are asleep. your life as you knew it is over!
    I've got to pick myself up Dust myself off And start all over again.
    -Peter Tosh

vCash
    Thanks

What did you use for the gates Aqua?

Ive thought of things like boxes or furniture, but would like to find a better solution. My older brother has these custom built fences running through his whole house so there is one huge baby safe environment (he has a two year old girl).

Any Dads out there get creative with this problem?

vCash
    Thanks

We used bamboo for some. and wood for others. the bamboo was tied around stair posts, but you could step over it, baby cant climb over it. gates used with hinges. baby gates are huge in the USA, very easy to install, and very effective.
    whats your places layout like? can you drill into the walls?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman
    whats your places layout like? can you drill into the walls?
    Im in a condo now, looking to move to a house. Im trying to block a length of 20ft across a fake hardwood floor.

I just worry bout the wife home all day while im at work, thats gotta be rough.

vCash
    Thanks

You cage him in, he will find a way out and if you cage him again will act worse. You gotta get the kid outside every day and crawl him into submission. Trust me I had two at the same time.

The green stuff that people use for gardening might be nice. You could use a staple gun to shoot it into the wood of the doorframes if you own the place.

Find a way now, because you gotta kid it under control before he begins to try walking. Then you will be duct taping foam to everything sharp in your house.

The outside exercise is the key especially from say 5 to near sunset cool and nice this time of year. I did it nightly as an old man.

He will sleep much better and longer as well.
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus Array Umbuku's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

My wife and I just lost sleep and always had one of us on duty with our son.

He still managed to get out the door a few times but thankfully never came to any harm.

Does he have a walker chair?
    Tie a longish cord to the chair and you can go the toilet while he can only move so far away from the door.

Enjoy.
    Faith, by itself, isn't a good enough reason to believe. Instead, a belief must be defensible through reason, logic, and evidence.
    The idea that faith is somehow justified by the fact that the beliefs cannot be proven is a truly Orwellian position to adopt - not to mention intellectually and ethically dangerous.

vCash
    Thanks

red tape.

Thats what we used.

I placed a piece of red tape across the area my daughter was not allowed in. For two days she tried and for two days we were 100% consistent and told her off.

Thats all it took, she never went in there again. Even 6 months later when we removed the tape she knew the rules.

Don't fence ya kids in, kids need boundaries but not fences. Teach him where he can and cannot go. That way there is no need to renovate your house as soon as your kid starts crawling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.