Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array Classic-Chassis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    3,003
    vCash
    1006
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 58 Times in 35 Posts


    Rep Power
    11756

    All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    Just a wild guess, but Big Bill's words on OEG's thread made me think. Nature being what it is animals, including us, fail to have off spring when things aren't right.
    I stopped posting on here because I was sick of reading how unstable things are, how we may all get shipped off tomorrow and how crap being a teacher is in Thailand. Personally speaking i don't feel on shaky ground, not worried about future quality of schooling (private in any country has to be better than comprehensive in the U.K.) and I'm certainly not worried about my girl being Thai and growing up to respect her elders. Why, I even like being a teacher here and get on screamingly well with both admin and Thai Teachers, sometimes i finish work and have an undeniable feeling of satisfaction!!
    So my speculative question is........are all these new babies i'm seeing an indicator of how things really are regarding teaching and living in Thailand, after all if it were all doom and gloom all the nippers wouldn't be popping out would they.
    Those that want to read whatever they can want all freedoms, but have to understand they can have freedom, but it must be within the law.

  2. #2
    Xerographic Detournements Array re_fuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    I plead Wisdom by means of insanity
    Posts
    24,642
    vCash
    300
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts


    Rep Power
    41375

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    Looks like mine comming out at the right moment








  3. #3
    poltroon and blagard Array reinvented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    All too near Nana
    Posts
    5,518
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts


    Rep Power
    9023

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    nope

    its the chinese year of the golden pig, which means its very auspicious and a good time for fucking

    voodoo is never wrong
    -----
    was this thread so good you started it 3 times?
    Last edited by reinvented; 4th December 2007 at 08:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Serial Wolf Bagger

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array Classic-Chassis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    3,003
    vCash
    1006
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 58 Times in 35 Posts


    Rep Power
    11756

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by reinvented
    nope

    its the chinese year of the golden pig, which means its very auspicious and a good time for fucking

    voodoo is never wrong
    -----
    was this thread so good you started it 3 times?
    Ah, instantly reminded why I gave Ajarn a body swerve, I talk about the reasons for people having children and a heathen calls it "fucking" that's some descriptive imagery there if I ever read it.
    Very plebeian don't you think?

    Yes young person I posted the thread 3 times because I wanted to make sure every one could see it, I'm that full of self importance (bit like you with your crass, anarchic style of writing!) i'm sure the bandwidth to the server will be blocked with punters falling over themselves trying to get a look at my thread! (Actually my connection is shite and i didn't know it was posted 3 time, i have requested it be rectified by the powers that be, but until then we'll have to wait.)
    If you would be kind enough to explain the link between voodoo and the Chinese luna cycle it would be most enlightening for the rest of us. Or are you just typing for the sake of typing?

  5. #5
    poltroon and blagard Array reinvented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    All too near Nana
    Posts
    5,518
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts


    Rep Power
    9023

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    bit touchy this morning arent we, and plebian is quite a small word for a self righteous arse

    thank you for the young person comment, its been a while

    as for the lunar cycle, children born in the year of the golden pig are considered especially fortunate, hence a lot of pregnant women knocking about, as this is based on essentially animistic superstion and astrology, hence the voodoo refernce

    i'm sure a smart boy like you could have figured it out once your holy indignation had died down

    is that clear enough for you starchy arse?
    consider the enlightenment fucking free, you can save your money for a decent internet connection

    as for your original suposition, i think you are wrong. more factors such as biological clock, accidents etc.

    kids are a joyus gift, even when unexpected and unplanned, or even il considered

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array Classic-Chassis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    3,003
    vCash
    1006
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 58 Times in 35 Posts


    Rep Power
    11756

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    thank you for that, very kind of you! Are you a terrorist of somesort?

  7. #7
    poltroon and blagard Array reinvented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    All too near Nana
    Posts
    5,518
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts


    Rep Power
    9023

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    yes

    waging war on philosophy and contemplation, in an attempt to remind us of the facts of life

    re fuse

    those ultasounds are both wonderous and unnerving arent they?
    you've been told that yer wild days are over and thats the first sight of the reason why
    wait till the sprog pops out and the vertigo kicks in

  8. #8
    Non Sibi Sed Omnibus Array Umbuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Brisvegas in Oz
    Posts
    19,664
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 358 Times in 289 Posts


    Rep Power
    63601

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    I've always been comfortable in my zone man.

    We certainly seem to have a lot more parents on the board this last year though.
    Most seem to have a few years under their belt in Thailand.

    Indicative of the industry, I wouldn't go that far.
    This board is indicative of this board, not really that indicative of Thailand.
    Most of the teachers at my school have never heard of Ajarn.
    Or if they have they don't know there's a forum and only use the jobs page.
    Faith, by itself, isn't a good enough reason to believe. Instead, a belief must be defensible through reason, logic, and evidence.
    The idea that faith is somehow justified by the fact that the beliefs cannot be proven is a truly Orwellian position to adopt - not to mention intellectually and ethically dangerous.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array Lor Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ikea
    Posts
    6,097
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts


    Rep Power
    13288

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    Love my wife and son.

    Don't feel comfortable or secure in Thailand.

    Don't like Bangkok. Worry about education here. Doubt I'll ever speak the lingo or feel I belong. Feel contempt for lots of things here (as I did in the UK).

    Lots of thinking to do!
    When the great lord passes the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts

  10. #10
    Senior Member Array Big Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,778
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts


    Rep Power
    1499

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lor Ling
    Love my wife and son.

    Don't feel comfortable or secure in Thailand.

    Don't like Bangkok. Worry about education here. Doubt I'll ever speak the lingo or feel I belong. Feel contempt for lots of things here (as I did in the UK).

    Lots of thinking to do!
    But Lor Ling, mate, I bet you are a good dad, naturally!
    -----
    Re-fuse the pics look good-two eyes, one nose and all that! Great to be part of a miracle, isn't it?
    Last edited by Big Bill; 4th December 2007 at 20:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like buggery! (Peter Brock 05)

  11. #11
    Senior Member Array Lor Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ikea
    Posts
    6,097
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts


    Rep Power
    13288

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bill
    bet you are a good dad, naturally!
    Hope so. Early days so dunno yet.

    And a good dad does the right thing which may mean getting out of BKK / Thailand?

  12. #12
    hiding Array LeedsLeedsLeeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surat Thani
    Posts
    6,295
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    6893

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    I'm glad to see you posting again CC mate, it's been a while. There do seem to be more parents on this board these days, happy people in happy relationships I hope. For those that are interested in 'fucking' a child is probably bottom on their list of priorities.

    I don't really know if there is more security or comfort in Thailand these days; it just seems to be the same as it ever was to me. Personally I have felt so much more secure and comfortable since retiring from the TEFL industry because all of the doubts that plagued me in the past were all related to it - location, visa runs, work permit application, job satisfaction, job security, etc. Now that I don't have to worry about any of that I feel like I never want to leave this country and that the time is right for The Wife and I to have kids. All that we want is a house in the country so that we can bring our kids up in a safe and clean environment, once that obstacle is out of the way we can truly start planning for the future.

    To Lor Ling - Where is your wife from? If she isn't from Bkk then have a go at living in her home town, you won't regret it.
    Our House - The Big Build


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    The Road Home - Bangkok to Surat Thani


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    Southern Oil Palm and Rubber Plantations:


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array Classic-Chassis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    3,003
    vCash
    1006
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 58 Times in 35 Posts


    Rep Power
    11756

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    ^ got bored of reading the same stuff over and over, also all the anti Thai vibes on here got boring. I chose to move here five years ago, I'm now married with a daughter and very happy.
    Can't understand people who up roots then just complain how shit it is here, how bad their job is and how much better it is in Britain (notice i said britain, it's usually us doing it).
    IMO if a person were stupid enough to up roots and move to a place where they think it's shite makes them an idiot of the highest order.
    People like you LLL knew exactly what you were getting in to and are happy as a result.
    Even some TEFLers such as myself knew what was coming before starting to teach and adjust accordingly.
    Far too many come here, 4 years down the line start to wonder and complain why they're not rich yet. Then it dawns on them they fooked up big time and have made a right c**t of themselves. this leads to them becoming all bitter a twisted about the county they live in and its people. They also put the rose tinted glasses on and start spraffin how good everything was in the UK and claiming they belong to a better race of people than the scum they teach (and most of the time married).
    A few months ago there were several posting on here, probably still are if i went to the staffroom. just got bored is all LLL.
    Last edited by Classic-Chassis; 5th December 2007 at 13:15.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Array Lor Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ikea
    Posts
    6,097
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts


    Rep Power
    13288

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsLeedsLeeds
    To Lor Ling - Where is your wife from? If she isn't from Bkk then have a go at living in her home town, you won't regret it.
    She's from Bangkok. I'm suck in this fuckin' cesspit

    Would move to the sticks in a heartbeat (though then I'd worry about my kid's schooling even if the air were better)
    -----
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic-Chassis
    Can't undersatand people who up roots then just complain how shit it is here, how bad their job is and how much better it is in Britain (notice i said britain, it's usually us doing it).
    Some people dislike both countries about the same amount (for different reasons) so just stay where they are. Maybe there are practical reasons mitigating against tryiing a third country.

    So they come on here to vent and post negative, dispiriting shit.

    That's me these days so I'm gonna post less whilst I reevaluate (as Mum said "if you've got nothing good to say.....)

    Babies are great anyway
    -----
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic-Chassis
    IMO if a person were stupid enough to up roots and move to a place where they think it's shite makes them an idiot of the highest order.
    Though I'd say you have to live somewhere (rather than just visit) to know how it is.

    That said I possibly am a stupid cock of the highest order (or whatever it was)
    Last edited by Lor Ling; 5th December 2007 at 09:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #15
    Xerographic Detournements Array re_fuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    I plead Wisdom by means of insanity
    Posts
    24,642
    vCash
    300
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts


    Rep Power
    41375

    Re: All the new babies a sign of people in the comfort zone?

    Sometime in the next 5 week I will have a Son

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •