Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Children of Divorces and Problems

Senior Member Array MisterStretch's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Children of Divorces and Problems

My 7-year old 'son', has just left home to go and live with his father. My lady is naturally heartbroken and so am I.

She's a good, caring and loving mother, while the birth father won't pay support, be responsible or even see the children. (Only 2 times in a year, one of them on his birthday, but not on the son's birthday).

The issue isn't whether he's well-taken care of, protected or loved. We have both done our best to love, care and make sure they are safe and feel safe. We also have paid for all of the schooling expenses, new clothes, trips to the cybercafe, et al. The father hasn't contribuated a single satang in more than a year.

The issue for our son is that his birth father, who doesn't spend time with him, take him anywhere or share activities with him allows him to play video games 24/7 if he wishes.

It saddens me that this is what our little boy thinks is the most important thing in life, the ability to play video games non-stop. I wish the fuckin' things had never been invented.

vCash
    Thanks

Re: Children of Divorces and Problems

Quote Originally Posted by MisterStretch
    It saddens me that this is what our little boy thinks is the most important thing in life, the ability to play video games non-stop. I wish the fuckin' things had never been invented.
    Sign o' the simes I'm afraid mate. Hopefully as the kid matures his priorities will change and he will appreciate love and support over superficial pleasures.
    Our House - The Big Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Road Home - Bangkok to Surat Thani

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Southern Oil Palm and Rubber Plantations:

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Sign of the times it is. Think of it .. a dead-beat dad can steal your kid with 2Baht of electricity per day.

Senior Member Array russellsimpson's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that Stretch.

I think it's a bigger problem here than back home. It seems once Asians get "wired up", they quickly become addicted. Even at that tender age.

Read of a story in bangkok the other day where some young folks after being told that the internet cafe was closing, by the owner, returned after his nine o'clock closing and killed the poor bastard. Apparently he was able to write there names on a screan in his own blood as he lay bleeding to death.

It's a problem here. Basically you have machines plugged into machines. I'm beginning to see these internet cafes, games, fixations more a s the new Asian "hive' where folks will unknowingly get themselves wired up for life.

Sorry about your sons case. Ain't much you can do I guess.
    When being run out of town, get in front of the crowd and make it appear like a parade.

vCash
    Thanks

Stay in his life as much as you can. Have a good influence as much as you can.

That's all you can do. Feel for you mate.
    -----
    Wanna get my boy into a martial art or something else wholesome at a young age. Mind you all the other lil shits'll prolly influence him to drop that and play computerrrr, read comic book, saleep etc
    Last edited by Lor Ling; 18th January 2008 at 10:43. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    When the great lord passes the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus Array Umbuku's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisterStretch
    It saddens me that this is what our little boy thinks is the most important thing in life, the ability to play video games non-stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lor Ling
    Wanna get my boy into a martial art or something else wholesome at a young age. Mind you all the other lil shits'll prolly influence him to drop that and play computerrrr, read comic book, saleep etc
    One of the reasons I'm taking my son out of Thailand for his childhood.
    He already will play computer games non stop if left to his own devices and he is only 5.
    When I'm home I read books with him, watch movies and take him outside to throw a ball around.

On the issue of computer games the parents have to set a limit on time for access to them, and not compromise on it.
    Faith, by itself, isn't a good enough reason to believe. Instead, a belief must be defensible through reason, logic, and evidence.
    The idea that faith is somehow justified by the fact that the beliefs cannot be proven is a truly Orwellian position to adopt - not to mention intellectually and ethically dangerous.

poltroon and blagard Array reinvented's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

normally i wouyld say dont worry, he'll be back

unfortunately, and i sincerley hate to be negative

it could be too late, another generation is moulded

however chances are his dad may get bored with being more than part time when is whiskey money goes on his son
    Serial Wolf Bagger

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Ths isue is alot bigger tha compuer games. It's the perception of the boy that he can do whatever he wants at daddy's place. There are rules at Mom's, and that's not fun.

Good bye Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Sorry to hear about the situation.

By the father letting him play video games 24/7, he isn't really spending time with the boy, in a loving, caring relationship. I agree with you, that video games have overtaken kid's world, and is often used as an escape. Just like T.V, it can be used to an extreme, and can teach violence.

Can you talk to the Dad, or can your wife? Maybe she can talk some sense into him.
    You'r son may learn that it is okay for him to play video games whenever it suits him, even when he is with you. Sounds very frustrating, but hopefully he may get bored with video games, and let his father know over time.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phuketbound
    Can you talk to the Dad, or can your wife?
    I truly hope so but, in my experience with my neice, this is not always possible. In fact it's often downright ugly.

Regular User Array toong tao daeng's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Sorry to read about this Stretch. Although I'd say he'll be back soon enough, because eventually one of two things will happen...

1. The boy will grow tired of video games 24/7, and more importantly he'll miss his mother---don't forget, he's a 7 years old boy.
    2. The father will grow tired of taking care of the boy and send him packing. And the cynic in me thinks the father might be looking for a payout.

Best wishes during this difficult time.

Senior Member Array
    Khon Kaen. We're getting a Central you Kalasin baanok fuckers!
    vCash
    Thanks

Sorry to be personal Stretch but what is the actual reason for him going to live with his deadbeart dad?
    It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no Interior Minister of Thailand's son.

vCash
    Thanks

A friend of my wife's had a similar situation. The boy dropped out of school after M1 or M2 & spent the next few years playing computer games every day! He's now an uneducated, unemployable 17 or 18 year old who's working as an assistant to a street vendor.
    __________________________________________________ ________

And I thought that it was just a car!

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty2
    He's now an uneducated, unemployable 17 or 18 year old who's working as an assistant to a street vendor.
    He is lucky that he gets that job, I myself would have to sack someone who is computer-games addict as they are very likely to be lazy and often fail to turn up to work.
    How can a train be lost? It's on rails

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsLeedsLeeds
    Hopefully as the kid matures his priorities will change and he will appreciate love and support over superficial pleasures.
    hear, hear.

there's no science to raisieng kids. sometimes you gotta shut your eyes, take the strain and just hope everything is gonna work out well.

and i think it generally does.

"so please show no pity as we come up from the ground, and please remember as you kill us and cut us down that time will not wash clean the bloody face of history, and someone will breathe here again and they will hate you for what you leave." m.g.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast