Thread: Nappies, baby milk formula and stuff.

vCash
    Thanks

Nappies, baby milk formula and stuff.

Now that all the recently born babies are getting bigger and starting to put a hole in their parents pockets, I thought it would be a good idea to share some of our shopping prefences re. nappies, formula and stuff.
    We use mostly cloth nappies in the day and Tino disposables at night on baby Tayto and it seems to work out ok.
    He has been breast fed for his first 6 months and now we are looking for the best baby milk powder for him.
    My wife thinks Dumex is good but I think she is being swayed by advertising.
    Those of you whose babies are not being breast fed, what are you giving baby?
    Recommendations and prices please.
    Is minic a bhris b้al duine a shr๓n
    It is often that a person's mouth broke his nose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

Re: Nappies, baby milk formula and stuff.

Just out of interest, is there any harm in feeding a baby (previously breast-fed or otherwise) with cows milk?

I don't like the idea of giving any child of mine (if I ever had one) an artificial substitute unless it is truly necessary.
    Our House - The Big Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Road Home - Bangkok to Surat Thani

Southern Oil Palm and Rubber Plantations:

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsLeedsLeeds View Post
    Just out of interest, is there any harm in feeding a baby (previously breast-fed or otherwise) with cows milk?

I don't like the idea of giving any child of mine (if I ever had one) an artificial substitute unless it is truly necessary.
    You cannot give cows milk to a baby under 1 year old as it hasn't enough iron and vitamins.
    Found this very good source of info. about babies Birth to five: 2007 edition : Department of Health - Publications

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    Those of you whose babies are not being breast fed, what are you giving baby? Recommendations and prices please. __________________
    Let the kid do the taste test, its what we did. But at one year they took to cows milk very quickly. Lots of juice as well. But be careful to dilute the juice 2 to 1 unless you are into mushy poop.
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

vCash
    Thanks

nestle NAN H. A. (hypo allergenic)....he seems to like it. the doc recommended it. mama titty-feeds him 50% of the time.

and for diapers...just swtiched from drypantz pull ups to huggies pull ups more flexibility with the pull up versions instead of the wrap around-n-tape....but huggies having the softest and stretchiest material.

Eat your Greens! Array greenleaf's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Forget the brand but our babes liked the honey flavour
    my home:

my blog:

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Let the kid do the taste test, its what we did. But at one year they took to cows milk very quickly. Lots of juice as well. But be careful to dilute the juice 2 to 1 unless you are into mushy poop.
    Thanks for the idea aging one, just came back from Big C with a small pack of Dumex and Enfagrow, we'll see what he like and take it from there.

vCash
    Thanks

cheers bro if you can get small taster packets the more the merrier. By the way we used cotton diapers unless we were going out. With twins it was just easier and cheaper. We would pre fold them so it was just bing bang bong. Try the juice thing mate even if its 3-1 ratio, its alway better than plain water, and a baby needs a lot here.

Eat your Greens! Array greenleaf's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

If its only been on the boob for 6 months, you might want to consider going a bit longer like 12 months, not unusual at all...

Regular User Array tropic of cancer's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Mamy Poko pants all the way; not cheap and my daughter can poo up to NINE times a day.

Anyone who reads Thai, this is the site my wife uses to order them (and formula). It's appreciably cheaper.

ร้าน NGstore จำหน่าย นมผง ผ้าอ้อม สินค้าสำหรับเด็ก กระเช้าของขวั*ปีใหม่ ราคาส่ง

Respect for anyone who got by with cloth nappies. We bought them but they only ever got used as cleaning rags; none of our nannies ever showed any keeness to use them either!

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tropic of cancer View Post
    Mamy Poko pants all the way; not cheap and my daughter can poo up to NINE times a day.
    We prefer pampers as they tend to be less bulky than Mamy Poko. As for milk formula, we use Similac Advance gold top. Its about 540 baht for a big tin. The green top is cheaper but doesn't contain as many omega oils or whatever. The doctor recommended this after a spurt (forgive the pun) of diahorea. It cleared up and we haven't looked back since.

El Jefe Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Pampers were ok, but they tended to fill up quickly. Drypers worked the best for us and our two kids.

I tried many different types of milk, but Dumex seemed to be the best. Just about all the formula is created equal, no matter what ads say otherwise. Just check where it's made.
    Are you actually reading this? Do you think I care?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    Thanks for the idea aging one, just came back from Big C with a small pack of Dumex and Enfagrow, we'll see what he like and take it from there.
    Well he didn't want any of them and he's back breastfeeding for now.( We also tried Sno, Bear brand, Wyatt 26, etc)
    We've had a hell of a bad few days trying to wean him off , he wouldn't sleep and though he is getting some solids , he would only drink water from the bottle.
    Oh well we'll try again later on.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Our one is almost 13 months and still breastfeeds 3-4 times a day especially at night, although she's had solids since @ 5 months. I thought Mum would have her off the teat by now, but I think she finds it more convienient that faffing around with bottles and stuff. So a vote for keeping him on the teat (if Mum is up to it) from me. There is no time that kids 'should' stop breastfeeding but it does get weird at primary school.....
    Papa was a rodeo - Mama was a rock'n'roll band
    I could play guitar and rope a steer before I learned to stand