-->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schools in Pattaya

vCash
    Thanks

Help Schools in Pattaya

Hi, i will be moving to Pattaya in Feb 2010 & will be looking for a school to enrol my son (6yrs old in Feb, dual Nat, eng lang), we are in two minds at the moment, whether to go for a Thai private school or one that has an EP. International schools are out of the window with the prices they charge, i have had a few tips on certain schools to avoid (Best), does anyone know of good reccommended schools?

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: Schools in Pattaya

Why would anyone want there child to go to school in Pattaya? The child is not going to have the best examples around him.
    Last edited by trevor godwin2; 22nd October 2009 at 18:33.

vCash
    Thanks

Thats a really useful comment

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trojanhorse View Post
    Thats a really useful comment
    Don't mind him, he's an idiot.

I can't really help you as I don't know much about Pattaya but I'm sure someone will be along at some point to help you.
    Daniel Bedingfield claimed that his new album is what it would sound like if Sting, Stevie Wonder and Micheal Jackson were in a basement together - I haven't got the album so I'll have to imagine the sound of a blind bloke and a Geordie kicking the shit out of a pedophile.

Thailand, love it! Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevor godwin2 View Post
    Why would anyone want there child to go to school in Pattaya? The child is not going to have the best examples around him.
    Errrrrrrrrrrr and that is stated with your vast personal experience of Pattaya of course.

Are you some sort of dick?

Hi, i will be moving to Pattaya in Feb 2010 & will be looking for a school to enrol my son (6yrs old in Feb, dual Nat, eng lang), we are in two minds at the moment, whether to go for a Thai private school or one that has an EP. International schools are out of the window with the prices they charge, i have had a few tips on certain schools to avoid (Best), does anyone know of good reccommended schools?

BEST is actually not that bad. Previous problems related to a totally out-of-his-depth Thai principal and some teachers who were errrrrrrrrrrr not educationally minded.

However, BEST also has some very dedicated and experienced foreign teachers who do a great job. (Yes, I know those teachers although I currently work at Bangkok Patana)

Like most schools anywhere, you are going to get some great Year Class teachers and some not-so-great.

You could also consider REPS and perhaps Sathit? REPS is about 40 minutes drive away from central Pattaya but many parents send their kids there and seem to be very happy.

Ignore that tosspot, Trevor Godwin, who thinks Pattaya is not a great place for kids. I know of some pretty exclusive, private schools in London that are only 3-4 km away from Soho in London.

Why would anyone want you as their teacher, you fuckin knob.

Last edited by WhatsGrammar?; 23rd October 2009 at 05:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Thanks

I live in the center of Chonburi and can recommend Assumption in Sri-racha as a good bet. Some of my students study at St.Paul's which, though, traditionally run turns out some very decently educated students. If you wish to travle a little further (15 mins) in my direction I strongly recommend Satit Burapha: the deputy head of the EP is very approachable and a good friend of mine. Happy to set up a meeting for you if you like. Good luck
    The error returned was:

Your posting permissions have been removed
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

many thanks for your replies, apart from the obvious dick, can you tell me if there is a central office that deals with schools in Pattaya, in order to get locations & numbers etc?

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Right then, I seem to have upset a lot of people on this thread. I was just pointing out that Pattaya might be many things but bringing up children in area which is known to be the brothel of the world has resulted me being called a fuckin dick, idiot, etc I am probably all those things, but lets be honest what I stated is the truth. By the comments made it looks like the Pattaya lovers on this thread also aren't the best people a child or decent adult would want to be around.

Or maybe I am wrong and Pattaya is a wonderful place for children with such a wondeful atmosphere!

So Mr Socks are the above threads gonna be deleted?

Exiled Liberal Array Killing Me Softly 101's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsGrammar? View Post
    BEST is actually not that bad. Previous problems related to a totally out-of-his-depth Thai principal and some teachers who were errrrrrrrrrrr not educationally minded.
    I concur. Of the options actually in Pattaya, BEST is probably best. The Bilingual School attached to ISP (notreallyan International School Pattaya)is a distant second, name starts with a W. Many expats actually prefer the Government school off Sukhumvit for their own kids (forget name, near Teppasett turnoff) but it is not an EP. Of all listed Rayong English Program School, adjacent to Garden International School is the best of the Group. It is probably the most expensive also. They have van service I believe.

For Real international schools at international prices, ISE International School Eastern Seaboard is the best. Tuition there is in the 300,000-600-000 baht a year range, so can be forgotten unless being paid for by employer.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsGrammar? View Post
    REPS is about 40 minutes drive away from central Pattaya but many parents send their kids there and seem to be very happy.
    Agree. Best of the bunch. Note that it is a for profit school like BEST and the EP in front of ISP.

Only ISE is a foundation school.

Recommend that you go and talk to the teachers of the school. Visit the classrooms etc.
    Last edited by Killing Me Softly 101; 24th October 2009 at 02:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you want to challenge the world's most powerful factions, you're going to get attacked in all sorts of ways. That's the nature - the essence - of power: it is capable of exacting a cost for defying it.--Glenn Greenwald

vCash
    Thanks

Thanks for the info, i take it that the problems at BEST have being sorted out? I will have to get around some schools before the next term starts, cheers

vCash
    Thanks

Or maybe I am wrong and Pattaya is a wonderful place for children with such a wondeful atmosphere!
    There is more to Pattaya than just whore bars, maybe you never made out of Nana long enough to explore? ..oh but that would be assuming your in BKK for the girls..

Thailand, love it! Array
    vCash
    Thanks

has resulted me being called a fuckin dick, idiot, etc .

So Mr Socks are the above threads gonna be deleted?
    Actually..........I called you a knob. I didn't want to insult idiots.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady View Post
    I live in the center of Chonburi and can recommend Assumption in Sri-racha as a good bet.
    I used to work there. It was making steady progress when I was there - students who studied in the EP Program from Prathom 1 were showing a high level of understanding of the English language.

I know there are some pretty committed teachers there as well. Although, I've heard that lately they've been taking on a lot of temporary staff through an agency (backpackers).

As of 2006, the charges were:
    MEP (55-60 students per class, native speaker for half of English classes) - 3,000 baht per term.
    SEP (20-25 students per class, native speaker for all English classes) - 9,000 baht per term.
    EP (25-30 students per class, native speaker for all English, Maths and Science classes) - 25,000 baht per term.
    You know what really chaps my ass though?

I spent my life savings turning my van into a dog.
    The alarm alone cost me two hundred.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Hi! I'be moving to Pattaya with my family in the end of 2011 and I'm looking for a school for my daughter ( now 6 years old) and a thai babysitter (who speek English well) for my other daughter ( now 2 and a half years old). I don't want to pay 300.000.-THB/year so if you have any ideas please send it to me. I prefer the original Thai school with good English teaching.

Exiled Liberal Array Killing Me Softly 101's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I prefer the original Thai school with good English teaching.
    Best is the best of the EPs around. The children have 3 hours English Lessons, and 3hours of Thai Lessons across the subject areas. It is private so not sure of the cost.

1337 is the phone number in Pattaya for the Municipal Assistance Desk and they speak English. Pattaya City runs the local public schools and puts English teachers in the class at most one hour per day. So English as a Foreign Language not "bilingual".

Some expats put their kids in the government school south of Pattaya Tai and east of Sukhumvit (forget the name right now.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast