-->

Thread: Vaccinations

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Vaccinations

I'm getting ready to start the arduous process of getting residency for my kids ( age 4 and 3) here in Kuwait. My wife insists she's kept up with all the vaccinations at the right time for both, but I'm not sure if they have their TB shots.
    My daughter has the mark on the shoulder and my wife insists that the same shot was given to my son on his upper thigh, but looking over their vaccination book, I see no mention of TB. Does Thailand refer to it by another name?

Exiled Liberal Array Killing Me Softly 101's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: Vaccinations

BCG Vaccination

BCG vaccination has been shown to give 70%-80% protection against TB (Tuberculosis). Advice on this page is given according to UK recommendations.
    TravelHealth.co.uk -- the UK independent travel health sitediseases - Cached - Similar

Note that it is not given in the USA. So an American Child would not have this done.

CDC info at this link: The Role of BCG Vaccine in the Prevention and Control of Tuberculosis in the United States A Joint Statement by the Advisory Council for the Elimination of Tuberculosis and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
    If you want to challenge the world's most powerful factions, you're going to get attacked in all sorts of ways. That's the nature - the essence - of power: it is capable of exacting a cost for defying it.--Glenn Greenwald

Senior Member Array johnny larue's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I just looked at my daughters record from Thailand. She was given BCG the day she was born. This is the tb vaccination.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be. - TJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Exiled Liberal Array Killing Me Softly 101's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I found this info on another site:

The first was a prospective observational study [12] that took place in Thailand where all children received BCG vaccination at birth.

[PDF] Immune Reconstitution Syndrome Due to Bacillus Calmette-Guérin ...

And confirmed at another site:

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    Thailand, all neonates receive BCG via intradermal injection .... diographs obtained for all patients were normal. Mycobacterial blood culture was performed for ... All children had received BCG vaccine at birth, as recommended by a na- ...
    www.med.cmu.ac.th/dept/pediatrics/06-interest.../BCGitis-IRS_CID05.pdf
    by T Puthanakit - 2005 - Cited by 34 - Related articles - All 11 versions

Last edited by Killing Me Softly 101; 29th November 2009 at 06:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Thanks for your help, you two. One less headache in this process.