Thread: exploting your children

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

exploiting your children

i was wandering around pratunam the otter day, like one does & i saw this modelling agency just up the road from the pantip. so i thought to myself, would they be interested in using a thai-farang kid. so i pushed the girlfriend & the kid in the door, i hovered around outside :smile: i saw the receptionist call some bird from around back and some talking took place. the girlfriend gesticulated to me to come on in, which i readily did. the agaency seemd quite keen & after i provided some publicity shots of the sprog & copied of documents, they enrolled her. i made sure i didn't have to pay any money to enroll cos that would just be a con. no money exchanged hands. they said they'd be in touch. maybe they will & maybe they wont'.

is anyone else in Ajarn land exploiting their kids in a silimar way? if so then please provide comment & agency details :smile:

am i a bad daddy for doin' this to my younsgter?
    Last edited by Jon; 17th February 2007 at 06:09.

Blah! Blah! Blah! Array kenkannif's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Nah my mate's kid makes more than he does

I'd do it but my kid is ugly and too mental Just like Daddy!

Riddle me this brother can you handle it
    Your style to my style you can't hold a candle to it
    Equinox symmetry and the balance is right
    Smokin' and drinkin' on a Tuesday night
    It's not how you play the game it's how you win it
    I cheat and steal and sin and I'm a cynic

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I got a mate just made 6 million in the new Ford Ad, 2 days work!! so there's a few quid to be made in this.

I'm hoping my kids will provide for my retirement.

I am the Resurrection Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: exploting your children

Anyone got contact details for reputable agencies, cos I think my lad's a cute little fucker, so he might as well be paid for it (before he starts to look like me, then he'll only get paid to go away). Did a google and got too many in BKK to be arsed wading thru.
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams...

Jon
    vCash
    Thanks

I reckon there's a lot of competition in Bangkok with so many luuk kreungs. My 16 yr old daughter has got into modelling in a small way in the UK - made £100 for one day's work for a hair salon for photos that were used in a competition, and is used in a newspaper ad for another hair salon, but for that she just gets free styling, products, etc. She was recently scouted by a famous agency in London, but it's very early days on that one, and she knows it might end in rejection, but she's going for it. No harm in it, and a bit of pocket money as well.
    Sur votre bicyclette, mate.

Established User Array sittin sideways's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I dont think this is exploiting your child, well not in a major way . I have thought of doing this further down the road. I would probably invest it for him or start a college fund with it though. What i saw at chatuchack this afternoon was pure exploitation...

A girl no older than first grade dressed up in a skimpy cowgirl outfit dancing while her mama was sittin sideways on her ass behind her drinkin a cold one. Not cool in so many ways.

vCash
    Thanks

exploding your children?

barbaric...

"...ever wonder why they kill the weak ones, baby?"

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus Array Umbuku's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

We have been approached twice by scouts whilst shopping after they had seen our son with propostiions for TV advertisment work. I've said no. I don't want the lad to be pressured by long days at a film shoot, or to get a bigger head than he already has. Maybe later when he is 7 or 8 I'll let him do it if he wants to do it.
    Faith, by itself, isn't a good enough reason to believe. Instead, a belief must be defensible through reason, logic, and evidence.
    The idea that faith is somehow justified by the fact that the beliefs cannot be proven is a truly Orwellian position to adopt - not to mention intellectually and ethically dangerous.

El Jefe Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I am against exploitation in any way, thank you very much...now don't try to say sending my kids out in rags and a tin cup is exploitation. They get to keep 10% of the money they collect, it is a lot more than I got to keep when I was their age.
    Are you actually reading this? Do you think I care?

vCash
    Thanks

Offered zillions of times. But they always want the kids to miss school, and its a pain in the ass so no. Mine are 9 now and the requests never stop. They did one shoot when we were all in Samui cause it just worked out. It took 4 hours of one day for 1 shot each. It was an experience but wont be done again. They made 5 grand each. Opened their own bank accounts.
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

A farang friend & non Thai asian hubby have a very cute toddler. Hubby was walking the kid around Emporium and was approached by an agent offering modelling work. After the agent explained who she was she agent asked to speak to the child's parents. Then she refused to believe he was the father and asked if he was the family's driver. Ouch! Needless to say they said no.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unwell
    exploding your children?

barbaric...
    hahaha!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

vCash
    Thanks

There is a difference between exploiting your children and using opportunities to set them up in a potential career or hobby. :drama: As long as they enjoy it and it doesn't interfere with their education I don't think there would be a problem.
    "Come and take me, mongrels - if you dare. While I have fingers to grasp a sword, and eyes to see your cowardly faces, your treacherous heads will not be safe on your shoulders."

Jon
    vCash
    Thanks

Daughter is doing ok with this modelling thing. Got £150 minus £30 agency fee for 3 hours work doing a hair and beauty shoot in a teenage girls mag a couple of weeks ago and does the same again tomorrow. She has to go to London to do it, but she enjoys the days out and it's becoming quite a good little pocket money earner. She catches up on the schoolwork missed, so she's not missing out on her education.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

My little one year old son is filming a nappy advert on Thursday. 150,000 baht before the agency cut is taken off. Before this he had done a couple of photoshoots for department store brochures.

All the money has and will go into an account for him. I met a single mum at one casting who has no job and lives off her 5 year old's modelling earnings!