SEE TEFL

Thread: Express post EMS

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Express post EMS

can anyone tell me how much to Express post a bundle (12) of Polo Shirts back to the UK? really appreciate an accurate answer and any humorous adlibbing. Any Ebayers awake.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Hi this link should take you to the Thailand post website. You type in the weight of your items and it will calculate the cost for you :smile: http://www.thailandpost.com/search_ems_en.asp
    Sweet and sour like a tangerine ....

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

For some reason I couldnt get to that link from thailandpost site. But it worked from here. Thanks a lot.

vCash
    Thanks

Make sure that you take a Thai with you.

Even though some EMS staff speak English, misunderstandings can still happen.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I had just about my worst ever Thai experience at a post office using EMS. I posted an urgent document to my bank on the Isle of Man regarding a hoise sale. A week later I got a card saying I had an item of post to collect. When I went to the post office it was that urgent document!

EMS did not have an office on the Isle of Man!!

I went apeshit!!!!

I just stood in the middle of the post office shouting obscenities, demanding not only my money back but compensation!

I have never been bhack to that post office and never will...

Posted after 41 seconds:

I have since used fed ex, only a little bit more expenxive and it is a door to door service.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Isn't EMS the govt. postal service of Thailand? Of course they don't have offices overseas. Each country has their name; in the USA the postal service calls it "Priority Mail."
    "The times I've been mistaken, it's impossible to say" - by the Moody Blues

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

You are correct PB.

In January I used EMS to send two insurance checks to my bank. They never arrived. EMS kept directing me to call the Post Office in the USA, indicating that non delivery was their problem. The fact was that the packet never left Thailand.

EMS has a tracking system, yet the tracking number was never even entered here in Thailand.

In February I filed a claim to have my postage returned. Finally went to the Post Office yesterday and picked up my 600B. Other than the postage cost, the maximum you can claim is 3,000B for a lost item.

I would recommend you use Federal Express or DHL.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Yeah, that's believable, that the EMS people never entered it. My best mate in the States used Priority/EMS to send me a bank debit card, and it arrived safe and quickly, perhaps because the Thai postal clerks know that first world countries track that sort of thing. Then he sent something by regular mail, which never came.

OTOH, I received two checks from the IRS. The first, for $139, was sent via the embassy pouch to Bangkok! Even the second check for $13 came directly to my door! When I cashed the first one, the bank manager said, "Oh, income tax, yes?"The service charge was 320 baht. I'm keeping the $13 check as a souvenir.

vCash
    Thanks

I've sent a letter to Belgium on the 12th of this month. They said it would take 3-4 days to get there.
    Today it's the 17th and it still hasn't reached destination?

According to EMS Thailand it left here on the 13th?
    Did pay the express price, 803 baht for a 36 gram package.

DHL is probably the way to go.

Hopefully it's not lost because of course it contained important documents.
    What's love got to do with it...........

vCash
    Thanks

I have never had a problem with EMS and they do have one distinct advantage in that the address label yo ucomplete remains with the package through the entire journey. Make sure yo uhave a useful contact telephone number in the destination country though.

I began using FedEx when I arrived here but one very important envelope went missing. It transpires that when your address label arrives in the FedEx office in Bangkok some Thai clerk copies what they think you wrote onto a computer system which is then used to direct the parcel. In my case the entire address, postcode and contact telephone number had been transcribed into utter gibberish.

Compensation?

Fed Ex in the UK instructed FedEx in Thailand to compensate me. "You get the money from England" was the response. God awful unprofessional outfit.
    Migrated

pui
    New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: Express post EMS

PeaceBlondie - Isn't EMS the govt. postal service of Thailand?

shipmate - You are correct PB.

Sorry but that is wrong. EMS is an international service. It stands for Express Mail Service.
    It is not a Thai government company.
    Its basically the Postal Services version of FedEx. I use it in China a lot so its not Thai http://www.ems.com.cn/

When you send an item to the UK its the sorting office that you need you to speak to. as for not having an office in the isle of man. As long as mail can reach there so can EMS.
    its sounds like it didn't leave Thailand. Can't comment on that.