SEE TEFL
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

  1. #16
    stāj wən pro·gen·i·tor Array IsaanAlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Still Here...
    Posts
    8,247
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 227 Times in 148 Posts


    Rep Power
    51161

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    ^

    I've only seen women hit men in Canada.

    I've even seen a court case where a girlfriend stabbed her boyfriend in the back and he got charged with assault. [She got NO charges, whatsoever-and was the prosecutions main 'witness'! ].

    [She says he threw her into some bushes, so she 'found' a knife on the ground and stabbed him in the back with it. He says he felt a pain in his back as he was walking past her, ignoring her, to get his shit he had stored in a shed (he was sleeping in the local park), when he felt a pain in his back, dropped to his knees, saw blood, and realized he'd been stabbed or somehow how fucked up by her, then threw her into the bushes...].

    Jesus H. Christ...Canada is such a biased, Communist shithole...

    IA
    Click Alt + F4 for a good time.

  2. #17
    Onanist Array Ajarntheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Isan
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    Quote Originally Posted by IsaanAlex

    IA
    PS. Most of the time a woman getting smacked around deserves it anyways.
    So I guess if you believe this - then you condone hitting women.
    Know yourself first and then others.

  3. #18
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,258
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    It's a well written peice for a local newspaper. But surely the high " 20,032 murders by firearm in two years" is from the time of the phoney war on drugs??

    Why don't we hear about all these killings? 10,000 a year is according to me brain calculator is 30 a day! And that's just bloody murder by gun....
    Last edited by mad_dog; 18th October 2006 at 22:13.

  4. #19
    Onanist Array Ajarntheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Isan
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    Quote Originally Posted by mad_dog
    It's a well written peice for a local newspaper. But surely the high " 20,032 murders by firearm in two years" is from the time of the phoney war on drugs??

    Why don't we here about all these killings? 10,000 a year is according to me brain calculator is 30 a day! And that's just bloody murder by gun....
    It does sound a bit high when you put it like that.

  5. #20
    New Member Array Gordito Caliente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajarntheone
    So I guess if you believe this - then you condone hitting women.
    What's wrong with that? It may not be acceptable in the west, but these Asian women grow up expecting it. In fact, if you don't spank them then they consider you to be weak and a coward. I speak from experience.
    Last edited by Gordito Caliente; 19th October 2006 at 11:44.

  6. #21
    Lover of Wine Array Ice Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    3,052
    vCash
    900
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    6450

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    I think we, the expats and/or tourists would benefit better not knowing Thailand is number three for murders!

  7. #22
    Onanist Array Ajarntheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Isan
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Maiden
    I think we, the expats and/or tourists would benefit better not knowing Thailand is number three for murders!
    I don't see how we benefit from not knowing about the dangers of the land we live in.

    People think Thailand is a safe place, but in reality it can be dangerous.

    I grew up in the belief that if you worry too much about danger you fall in to it. Therefore I pretty much took a 'Rambo' approach to life and living. ie travelling around 3rd world countries with no insurance. Going to dangerous countries and generally not shying away from danger.

    You could say that i 'laughed in the face of danger' and 'tweaked the nose of fear', but now I am older I am more careful, so yeah, i like to know if I'm going to be shot. Back in England, I would never shy away from a confrontation (or fight), even with bigger guys.

    Like I have said before, Thai's have no honour when it comes to confrontation. if you get into trouble with a Thai they will run away and either a)get a gun or knife, b) phone their friends to help them out, or c) get their girlfriends to come and help them out.

    Bloody cowards - no wonder they were wooped by the Burmese - twice.

    That's why i need to know if it's safe in Thailand. So the next time a guy cut's me up, I just smile and say 'mai pen lie' (with the emphasis on the 'lie'.)

  8. #23
    999
    999 is offline
    Senior Member Array 999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    9,442
    vCash
    101500
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Rep Power
    8369

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    Cambo and Vietnam can both be quite nasty places to get on the wrong side of the locals too.


  9. #24
    Onanist Array Ajarntheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Isan
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    48

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    And I thought Moss Side was dangerous!!!

  10. #25
    Established User Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    271
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    Where does somehwere like Iraq fit into these stats?

  11. #26
    Lover of Wine Array Ice Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    3,052
    vCash
    900
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    6450

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajarntheone
    I don't see how we benefit from not knowing about the dangers of the land we live in.

    People think Thailand is a safe place, but in reality it can be dangerous.
    I understand your concern and both tourists and expats need to take care like in any other country including their home countries however the mind does strange things to you!

    When I went to America for a short holiday I was having a great time until I watched the news and saw all the gruesome news about murders and such, that made me want to be over cautious! I even thought about staying inside my hotel room where it was safe.

    I think knowing details such as what rank Thailand is on the list of murders will just put off tourists and scare people a little too much. That is why I believe we would benefit more not knowing.

  12. #27
    Non Sibi Sed Omnibus Array Umbuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Brisvegas in Oz
    Posts
    19,877
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 379 Times in 300 Posts


    Rep Power
    66781

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    The truth, however confronting, is ultimately more comforting than bullshit.
    Faith, by itself, isn't a good enough reason to believe. Instead, a belief must be defensible through reason, logic, and evidence.
    The idea that faith is somehow justified by the fact that the beliefs cannot be proven is a truly Orwellian position to adopt - not to mention intellectually and ethically dangerous.

  13. #28
    Lover of Wine Array Ice Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    3,052
    vCash
    900
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    6450

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    Gotcha.

    I understand your point of view, Umbuka (btw why is it many members have latin in their signatures and display message? I dont even understand much latin!)

    Yeah, I respect you for that one because after all I'd like to know the truth too but many a time news can change and distort the truth too

  14. #29
    Non Sibi Sed Omnibus Array Umbuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Brisvegas in Oz
    Posts
    19,877
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 379 Times in 300 Posts


    Rep Power
    66781

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    but many a time news can change and distort the truth too
    That is what makes the truth so valuable and precious.

    "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus" is a quote from the film V for Vendetta which is also a quote from a latin version of Faust.
    It means: By the power of truth I while living have conquered the universe.

    No, I haven't. Yet.

  15. #30
    New Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    82
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Thailand no.3 for Murders!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Maiden
    I think we, the expats and/or tourists would benefit better not knowing Thailand is number three for murders!
    Benefit in what way? Because you understand how things work in the country you came from, but prefer to live in ignorance here? Its hardly a mature way to go through life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •