Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 171

Thread: Aldhouse Arrested.

  1. #46
    Senior Member Array happychappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a Third World Country
    Posts
    2,745
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts


    Rep Power
    7860
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream View Post
    Thailand does (though rarely used) and I doubt Britain will extradite him unless they are promised that it won't be used, even then I still doubt it.
    But if they do extradite him and he does get the death penalty , what is not so great britain going to do ? Stop sending their tourists to Thailand .....
    My next door neighbours have challenged me to a water fight , so I am just writing this while I am waiting for the kettle to boil .

  2. #47
    Something Or Other... Array panhunger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    13,200
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts


    Rep Power
    24825
    You have to admire the way the Thais handled that border situation... they kept saying he was still on the island... meanwhile he was runnin for the border he knew was unguarded...

  3. #48
    Established User Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    274
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts


    Rep Power
    3346
    doesn't look like they had their best cops on the job

  4. #49
    Regular User Array parnassos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    932
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    1895
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream View Post
    Thailand does (though rarely used) and I doubt Britain will extradite him unless they are promised that it won't be used, even then I still doubt it.
    And does Thailand even really want him? Victim was just a farang. No grieving Thai relatives. They'll go through the motions but I wonder if they really care that much. I doubt any of those who helped him escape will have any punishment either.

  5. #50
    Regular User Array The Quiet American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,338
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts


    Rep Power
    4546
    how could he get passport computer checked / board flights at phnom penh and sing ?

    wasn't there some kind of super red alert / ABP out on him ?

    (fake KSR passport ? i don't know)

    PP i can kind of understand

    but isn't sing , the former british colony , some kind of faux modern place ?

    i mean , what's next, nigerian underpants bombers flying to the states ?

  6. #51
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    10,708
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 205 Times in 112 Posts


    Rep Power
    100630
    Quote Originally Posted by parnassos View Post
    And does Thailand even really want him? Victim was just a farang. No grieving Thai relatives. They'll go through the motions but I wonder if they really care that much. I doubt any of those who helped him escape will have any punishment either.
    That's exactly what I've been saying. Thais don't give a shit about farangs killing farangs. I'll say it again, if this guy can raise 5,000,000 baht, then money doesn't seem to be a problem. If he throws some cash at the right person, he'll do a few token years and be free.
    I wonder if the U.S. Govt is going to try to bring this guy to the U.S. to stand trial?
    Forever heading home

  7. #52
    Senior Member Array happychappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a Third World Country
    Posts
    2,745
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts


    Rep Power
    7860
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet American View Post
    how could he get passport computer checked / board flights at phnom penh and sing ?

    wasn't there some kind of super red alert / ABP out on him ?

    (fake KSR passport ? i don't know)

    PP i can kind of understand

    but isn't sing , the former british colony , some kind of faux modern place ?
    Why would they cos

    Quote Originally Posted by panhunger View Post
    You have to admire the way the Thais handled that border situation... they kept saying he was still on the island.

  8. #53
    You talkin' to me? Array Guy Mandude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    15,068
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked 710 Times in 587 Posts


    Rep Power
    88207
    Quote Originally Posted by panhunger View Post
    You have to admire the way the Thais handled that border situation... they kept saying he was still on the island... meanwhile he was runnin for the border he knew was unguarded...
    I'm certain that the 5 mill in Aldhouse's account was for paying off some officials for looking the other way.

    ---------- Post added at 08:01 ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet American View Post
    i mean , what's next, nigerian underpants bombers flying to the states ?
    Nigerians are too busy defrauding Anerican credit card holders to make underpants bombs.

  9. #54
    Admin Array LDMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Muang Peung
    Posts
    14,822
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 203 Times in 72 Posts


    Rep Power
    14942
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mandude View Post
    Maybe this could be a forum wagering event?
    Anyone fancy doing this on VBookie? Might be an interesting one.
    LDMA - Ajarn Forum Admin
    -------
    Don't get me wrong - I don't want a 'serious' board but I'd like posts to be either genuinely amusing, informative and/ or thought provoking.
    Ian McNamara - July 2000

    A clash with the management will not serve the purpose of your inner peace and therefore will deprive you from happiness. Thai Language School DOS, 2009

    Only the bad person say the bad thing about the good thing.
    Anon. Thai DOS

  10. #55
    Regular User Array I Am Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,015
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    1651
    Quote Originally Posted by LDMA View Post
    Anyone fancy doing this on VBookie? Might be an interesting one.
    Yes, somebody ought to do so. LDMA?
    The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." --Hermann Goering, Nuremburg

  11. #56
    You talkin' to me? Array Guy Mandude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    15,068
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked 710 Times in 587 Posts


    Rep Power
    88207
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdomcome View Post
    I wonder if the U.S. Govt is going to try to bring this guy to the U.S. to stand trial?
    I wonder how many Marine Corps buddies are lining up to cap Aldhouse's ass, no matter where the fuck he ends up.

  12. #57
    Still got the Blues Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Guadalajara
    Posts
    29,697
    Thanks
    470
    Thanked 397 Times in 291 Posts


    Rep Power
    0
    Too early to query for film rights?

  13. #58
    You talkin' to me? Array Guy Mandude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    15,068
    Thanks
    294
    Thanked 710 Times in 587 Posts


    Rep Power
    88207
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny danger View Post
    Too early to query for film rights?
    I don't believe this story will have broad enough appeal, and it needs a happy ending.

  14. #59
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,652
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts


    Rep Power
    2559
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertexile View Post
    scores of border cross points with no scan software if you have the money
    have you got a list?

  15. #60
    Senior Member Array happychappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a Third World Country
    Posts
    2,745
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts


    Rep Power
    7860
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mandude View Post
    I wonder how many Marine Corps buddies are lining up to cap Aldhouse's ass, no matter where the fuck he ends up.
    None.

Similar Threads

  1. Four Foreigners Arrested
    By zehner in forum Thailand News Clippings
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 19th June 2008, 10:12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •