Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brit murdered by Thai wife - as he had predicted

vCash
    Thanks

Brit murdered by Thai wife - as he had predicted

A Briton has been found murdered after predicting that his Thai wife would kill him.

Ian Beeston, a 69-year-old retired design engineer, was beaten and stabbed to death at his home in a village in the north-eastern Thai province of Roi-Et.

His body was found on Saturday. Yesterday, his wife Wacheerawan, 42, and her Thai lover, Somchit Janong, 48, were arrested and charged with murder.

Mr Beeston, who had grown-up children from a previous marriage, had predicted his death in a letter saying: 'It is just a matter of time now. I am in real fear for my own life.' He left the letter with lawyers.

The pensioner, who had worked at Ford's Dagenham plant, had been beaten and stabbed to death. Police said it took him seven hours to die.

Yesterday as the pair were arrested, horrified onlookers, shocked at the callous killing, jeered and shouted 'hia' (lizard) - a strong Thai insult..

Trouble started just four months ago when Beeston, married nine years to his 42-year-old Thai wife Wacheerawan, nicknamed 'Wanna', discovered that she had cashed in all the property he had bought in Thailand at a local bank.

He had invested all his life savings in over an acre of property and built his marital home, a guesthouse and a restaurant near a village called Suwannaphum, meaning 'Golden Land'.

Thai newspapers this week described him home as "palatial". But under Thai law, as foreigners cannot own property he had put it in his wife's name.

"I thought she loved me but she just wanted my cash," penniless divorcee Beeston, who arrived in Thailand with 350,000 told friends at the time. He then asked his wife to leave the marital home and live in a shack with corrugated iron room nearby.

And he began selling all moveable objects in the house and restaurant piece by piece to survive until he could legally get the funds to return home.

"It was like he has signed his own death warrant," said neighbour Andrew Herrington, 51, a retired HGV driver from Sheldon, Birmingham.

"His wife lived behind the main house with her Thai boyfriend. Every time we went to visit she would come out and scream and order us away. 'This is my house. This is my land.'

"Ian knew that he was going to be murdered. He had already complained that while he was away she had put something inside a beer in his fridge.

"He had felt ill. So he sent the beer away for analysis to a local hospital. He was awaiting the results.

"But it was an open secret in the area that Ian was going to be murdered, but she had a secret police lover.

"When I recently went home to Birmingham a policeman told me: 'Perhaps your friend will not be alive when you come back'.

"So when I went to his house on Sunday and saw his car was there and the house locked up, I knew then his time had come. His wife came out shouting at me and my wife to go away. We decided to call the police.

"When they came they found his badly beaten body.

"Ian was a nice and charming man, always helping others.

"But secretly he was broke and he had nowhere to go once his home had been taken away from him."

Neighbour Bill Lamb, from Woolagong in Australia, said: "He told us all he was going to be murdered, and quite frankly we believed him, and thought so too.

"Friends had brought him a stun gun, a tazer, to use to protect himself. We wanted him to go home to England but he was spending his last pennies trying to get his property back. He was due in court today."

Under Thai divorce law the couple would have had to share their assets 50-50. Police believe his wife wanted everything and way of getting that was to have him killed.

"For the last three months he had been a prisoner in his own house. We have been bringing him food, but he has been living on mashed potatoes."

Police Captain Patapong Patniboon of Suwannaphum Police said: "Ian Beeston's wife and a Thai friend from Petchabun Province, Somchit Janong, 48, have both been arrested for her murder. We have assured the British Embassy that the investigation will be thorough."

A British Embassy official said that attempts were being made to trace Beeston's grown up children, who had moved abroad, and his ex-wife.

Three years ago Briton Toby Charnaud, a gentleman farmer aged 42, was beaten to death, barbecued and his body fed to the tigers in Kaeng Krajan national park in Thailand after he divorced his Thai wife and removed her from his will. She was later charged and convicted with other relatives.

British man murdered by family of Thai bride after he predicted his own violent death | Mail Online

vCash
    Thanks

Re: Brit murdered by Thai wife - as he had predicted

Thats bad news.
    I've got to pick myself up Dust myself off And start all over again.
    -Peter Tosh

Senior Member Array
    Khon Kaen. We're getting a Central you Kalasin baanok fuckers!
    vCash
    Thanks

I'm a cold hearted shit for saying so but when you see some of the dross that many westerners hook up with in my neck of the woods it's not entirely unsurprising they get screwed and worse.
    Last edited by columbia; 12th August 2008 at 09:24.
    It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no Interior Minister of Thailand's son.

Exiled Liberal Array Killing Me Softly 101's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

A sad tale indeed.
    If you want to challenge the world's most powerful factions, you're going to get attacked in all sorts of ways. That's the nature - the essence - of power: it is capable of exacting a cost for defying it.--Glenn Greenwald

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
    "His wife lived behind the main house with her Thai boyfriend. Every time we went to visit she would come out and scream and order us away. 'This is my house. This is my land.'

wtf?
    "If you're not interested in changing where you work (and thus the student population, obviously) then a) your success at applying various and sundry teaching techniques is unlikely to have anything to do with how effective they are in general, and b) your sweeping generalizations about Thai students serve no purpose but to fuel your inertia and your feeling of being an 'insider'. Sadly (for you) few who read your sweeping generalizations will perceive it that way, but hey if it makes you feel good, knock yourself out." -zeusdogg

vCash
    Thanks

Not only is she a complete bitch, but a completely stupid bitch. May she rot in prison, slowly.

Jon
    vCash
    Thanks

They hadn't really thought this one out, had they? RIP old boy.
    Sur votre bicyclette, mate.

vCash
    Thanks

Seeing as it seemed public knowledge what was going on, I can't understand how these two yo-yos thought for one minute that they could get away with such a sloppy job.

Hell, even the local policeman was predicting that he was going to be topped.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Yesterday, his wife Wacheerawan, 42, and her Thai lover, Somchit Janong, 48, were arrested and charged with murder.

"But it was an open secret in the area that Ian was going to be murdered, but she had a secret police lover.

"When I recently went home to Birmingham a policeman told me: 'Perhaps your friend will not be alive when you come back'.

So am I completely missing the point here? Her lover's a cop and the other cop's knew he was going to waste him? Not exactly "To Protect And Serve" is it?

Still got the Blues Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Why isn't he wearing his uniform in the re-enactment scene?

Jon
    vCash
    Thanks

I read it that she had the boyfriend above AND a secret police lover as well...cos this guy here wasn't a secret, no?

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Police said it took him seven hours to die.
    When asked how they could be so accurate in the timing of Mr. Beeston's death the officers replied "Well we started playing cards and drinking a few bottles of 100 Pipers after we hit him at about 2 pm and he breathed his last at about 9 so we're pretty sure on this."

vCash
    Thanks

cold and calculated murder, perfect for the death penalty here.
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    cold and calculated murder
    which even the victim knew about.
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    perfect for the death penalty here.
    Naa, let em rot.

vCash
    Thanks

death penalty probably would not be enforced. But with a death sentence it means 4 kilos of leg irons for the rest of your life. A big burden to carry.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast