Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

  1. #1
    Regular User Array Logic Dictates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    1249

    Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    Ok, I like a good dark beer and am happy that Singha will give us one next year. But I can't believe people haven't posted the much better beer story.

    BTW, here is a good link to all(?) of the pics:
    ????ั?ิ ?????? ??ิ?ิ? Leo Beer 2553 ????ู???? ??ิ?ิ? Leo Beer ???? | ?ั??ุ่? ??????ั??ุ&#365

    Singha in strife over calendar
    Legal action threat, queues form at House
    Published: 17/12/2009 at 12:00 AM

    Health authorities are threatening to take legal action against Singha Corporation for distributing saucy calendars carrying the trade logo of an alcohol product.

    A calendar showing models who have had their bodies painted is unfolded at Government House yesterday as copies of the calendar were distributed. Health authorities are planning to take action against Singha Corporation for handing out the calendars carrying a beer logo. THITI WANNAMONTHA

    The calendars - which feature nude painted models - were handed out at Government House yesterday by a government employee associated with Singha Corporation.

    Chitpas Bhirombhakdi, a daughter of the owner of Singha Corporation that owns Leo beer, works at the prime minister's secretariat office. It is understood she organised distribution of the calendars. All copies were given away within moments.

    The latest version of the Leo beer's nude calendar drew criticism for containing pictures of painted nude models.

    Officials were trying to establish if the action was against the Alcohol Beverage Control Act 2008.

    Talks over the matter would be concluded within days, Deputy Public Health Minister Manit Nopamornbodee said yesterday.

    He criticised claims by the brewer and the calendar publisher that the calendar was for sale, not for distribution. They were trying to evade responsibility, but it would not work.

    "It is against the law whether it is for sale or for distribution. The calendar carries a logo of the alcohol product and people understand that message," he said.

    Section 32 of the act prohibits the advertising of alcohol drinks, their brands and trademarks in a way that encourages consumption, directly or indirectly.

    Office of Alcohol Control director Samarn Futrakul said officials were monitoring marketing activities for alcohol products especially the calendar distributed by Singha Corporation.

    Parichart Sathapitanond, of Chulalongkorn University's faculty of communication arts, said the issue highlighted problems with corporate ethics.

    "The company should adopt good governance measures rather than the same old marketing tactics which are not only immoral but also harm its image," she said.

    At Government House, officials, reporters, security officers and even police lined up to get their copy of the calendar.

    Deputy government spokesmen Supachai Jaisamut and Phumin Leetheeraprasert were seen among the crowd flocking to an area behind the Thai Khu Fa Building, where the PM's Office is, to get one of the 200 calendars handed out. However, both denied the reports, saying they were there only because they were in a hurry to attend a meeting of the economic cabinet.

    A government spokesman said the two went behind the building to the meeting room and were not there to seek a copy of the calendar.
    “Mentor: Someone whose hindsight can become your foresight”
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~ Albert Pine

  2. #2
    Senior Member Array buddahas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pothole
    Posts
    9,917
    vCash
    300
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 305 Times in 223 Posts


    Rep Power
    85350

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    Beer is to be drunk, not to be read.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,660
    vCash
    1400
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts


    Rep Power
    2557

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    must get a copy

  4. #4
    Striver Array Mr Pants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I wish I knew
    Posts
    8,828
    vCash
    2300
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 123 Times in 90 Posts


    Rep Power
    48174

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by Logic Dictates View Post
    Section 32 of the act prohibits the advertising of alcohol drinks, their brands and trademarks in a way that encourages consumption, directly or indirectly.
    I love the logic here. Such a fuss over this, yet Absolut Vodka can set up a stage between Paragon and Siam Centre for a few weeks and no-one bats an eyelid.

  5. #5
    Tiny Bubbles Array Don Ho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Buriram
    Posts
    3,482
    vCash
    700
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 177 Times in 114 Posts


    Rep Power
    43786

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    My favorite was "Mix". Thanks for finding a link with the pics.
    "While Jim is milking the Russian Boar, I'm in the shade of a Baobab tree being served a cool drink by a beautiful young indigenous girl. "
    Marlin Perkins

    Aloha - Aloha HARD

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array crew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    9,252
    vCash
    13750
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 60 Times in 45 Posts


    Rep Power
    31673

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by Logic Dictates View Post
    BTW, here is a good link to all(?) of the pics:
    OH MY GOOD GRACES!!!
    Rarely has someone contributed to the forum in such a noble and gracious fashion.

  7. #7
    Regular User Array Logic Dictates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    1249

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pants View Post
    I love the logic here. Such a fuss over this, yet Absolut Vodka can set up a stage between Paragon and Siam Centre for a few weeks and no-one bats an eyelid.
    The law itself has no logic. A law that banned all advertising or a law that limited the scope of the media you could use (like they do in the US) would be logical but the Thai law is just illogical and so open to interpretation. Let's read this thing again just for laughs:
    "Section 32 of the act prohibits the advertising of alcohol drinks, their brands and trademarks in a way that encourages consumption, directly or indirectly."

    Anyway, I was not surprised by the law. The daughter of the owner of Singha Beer, who works for the PM, just raises the stupidity factor by distributing the calendars in an alley behind the PM's office during work hours. Then the two deputy spokesmen pull a Bill Clinton-esque excuse about why they were back there raising the stupidity factor higher.

    I can almost guarantee that Deputy Public Health Minister Manit Nopamornbodee is from a different party than those getting the calendar and that this is just part of their stupid political games. You should 100% anonymously email your comment to the Bangkok Post and/or Nation writers and bring up your point. This country is just continuing its craziness.

  8. #8
    trash the scene Array po3try's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,477
    vCash
    3737
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 356 Times in 252 Posts


    Rep Power
    59489

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    They're a bit white ain't they! Mind you if I had one of them I wouldn't let her leave the house either..

  9. #9
    Heavy user Array Rocksteady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chonburi city
    Posts
    2,289
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    6905

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    If I had one of them I wouldn't leave the house either - I would try and get her mates to come around, though (in more ways than one!)
    The error returned was:

    Your posting permissions have been removed
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  10. #10
    999
    999 is offline
    Senior Member Array 999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    9,432
    vCash
    101500
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Rep Power
    8368

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    I like the Beer Lao girls too...


  11. #11
    Pretty Like Girl Array WilliamBlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere hot and wet
    Posts
    23,039
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 247 Times in 150 Posts


    Rep Power
    103270

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    While we're on a roll...

    The only good thing to say about Myanmar:



    And a taste of Cambodia:

    The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

    ~L.P. Hartley

  12. #12
    Regular User Array Logic Dictates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    681
    vCash
    500
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Rep Power
    1249

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    This story moving along rather nicely. Maybe now that she has resigned she can be in the calendar too.



    Heiress quits govt job over calendar row

    A PM's Secretariat staff member announced her resignation yesterday following her distribution of racy calendars carrying a beer logo and brand name inside Government House on Wednesday.
    Jittapas Pirompakdee, a member of the family that owns Boon Rawd Brewery, said she apologised and would resign as a member of the PM's secretary team headed by Panitan Wattanayagorn, the deputy PM's secretarygeneral and acting government spokesman.

    The 23yearold heiress to the Singha Beer fortune was seen handing out the controversial calendars from her BMW's trunk to officials, security guards and newsmen who queued up to take them on Wednesday.

    In her letter of resignation, she said she did not intend to distribute the calendars. "I brought along the calendars because some friends wanted to have them," she said.

    Many reporters who saw the calendars did want them. "So, I gave them to everyone. I admitted that I did not think that this would turn out to be a big deal. This happened because of my recklessness," she said.

    "I am upset that the incident affected not only my family and me, but also many senior people whom I respect. I myself will take full responsibility for this by resigning from my position in the PM's Secretariat," she said.

    The resignation if it goes through will take effective on Thursday.

    Jittapas said she would "take this as a lesson" and hoped that politics would give her another opportunity in the future.

    The calendars, with models bodypainted with the brand name and logo of an alcohol drink produced by Singha's daughter company, have become controversial as their production and distribution are considered by many to violate laws.

    Dr Saman Futrakul, director of the Alcohol Beverage and Tobacco Consumption Control Committee, affirmed that the selling of such sexy calendars, rather than giving them away for free, remained a violation of the law.

    He said the selling or distribution of calendars with models bodypainted to emphasise the alcohol drink's brand name or logo was a form of advertising via print media.

    Supermodel Methinee Kingpayom, who produced the calendar, has said she would start selling the 2010 calendar in one to two days.

    But Saman said they would proceed with legal action against the sellers on grounds the calendar was an illegal item, so selling or contributing to it was illegal.

    He had earlier warned that, under the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, distributing a calendar with a brand name or logo but no worthy information could bring a one-year jail term and/or Bt50,000 fine, as well as a daily fine of Bt50,000 until a correction was made.

  13. #13
    Boss Shaggers Club Array 8ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    10,311
    vCash
    1500
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 166 Times in 116 Posts


    Rep Power
    26987

    Yay Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by crew View Post
    Rarely has someone contributed to the forum in such a noble and gracious fashion.


    A gree

    I'd marry a few of them

    I-never-dun-a-ting-rong-in-me-life-m8

  14. #14
    Senior Member Array crew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    9,252
    vCash
    13750
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 60 Times in 45 Posts


    Rep Power
    31673

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by Logic Dictates View Post
    Supermodel Methinee Kingpayom, who produced the calendar, has said she would start selling the 2010 calendar in one to two days.
    It will be the first calendar I've bought since my uni days. God damn, I hope they don't sell out.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,660
    vCash
    1400
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts


    Rep Power
    2557

    Re: Leo Beer Calendar (with link to the pics)

    those Burmese girls look stunning

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tourist shot dead by Policeman
    By zehner in forum Thailand News Clippings
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: 26th November 2008, 13:38
  2. Picking pics for a photo comp.
    By D-Man. in forum Journeys In Pictures
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24th October 2008, 10:32
  3. Hodd´s KL day out with pics
    By hodd in forum Journeys In Pictures
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11th June 2007, 11:02

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •