-->

Thread: Japan Visa for Thaksin - the ass kissing starts!

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Japan Visa for Thaksin - the ass kissing starts!

Good of Abhisit for making a big deal out of this:

Bangkok Post : Democrats target Surapong

Seriously, it hasn't even been a month yet, and the new gov't minister can't kiss Thaksin ass fast enough. This ain't gonna get any prettier.
    ---

The opposition Democrat Party is seeking to take legal action against Foreign Minister Surapong Towijakchaikul for helping ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra to enter Japan.

Foreign Minister Surapong Towijakchaikul (L), ex-premier Abhisit Vejjajiva

Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva yesterday said it was wrong for the government to arrange for Thaksin, who is on the run from justice, to get special permission to visit Japan between Aug 22-28.

Thaksin was sentenced to two years in jail in 2008 for abusing his authority to help Khunying Potjaman na Pombejra, his former wife, to buy prime land in the Ratchadaphisek area at a discount while he was prime minister.

He fled overseas before the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions sentenced him to two years in jail in his absence.

Mr Abhisit said the Yingluck government is obliged to comply with the verdict and enforce the law by bringing Thaksin back to face justice.

Government officials who are found to help a fugitive could also face prosecution, Mr Abhisit said.

He said the Democrats' lawyers are looking at legal steps to be taken against Mr Surapong and other government officials who may be involved.

Yukio Edano, Japan's chief cabinet secretary, confirmed that the Thai government requested that Japan issue an entry visa to Thaksin.

Japan decided to issue an entry visa to Thaksin after the Pheu Thai-led government told Tokyo it no longer wished to restrict his overseas travel.

Thaksin said yesterday he would travel to areas hit by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami during his trip to Japan next week to see what Thailand can do to help its reconstruction efforts, a news report said.

"My intention is to visit the tsunami site to see whether we can render any kind of cooperation or assistance," Thaksin said in an interview with Kyodo News in Dubai.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

On the contrary, thank God the pathetic whining of the Democrats has come to an end. What a fucking embarrassment that was, wondering what idiocy Kasit would come out with next.
    Last edited by DanR; 17th August 2011 at 11:26.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Apparently he's also been given his red diplomatic passport back.
    Papa was a rodeo - Mama was a rock'n'roll band
    I could play guitar and rope a steer before I learned to stand

vCash
    Thanks

Oh give me a friggin' break!! A society must decide for itself what people and behaviors are acceptable.
    The voters have CLEARLY indicated they want Thaksin to come back and live happily ever after, so GET OVER IT!!
    HOW could you POSSIBLY interpret Yingluck's victory any other way.

It looks to me like Abhisit's plan is NOT to win the support of voters but to rather stir up the anti-Thaksin
    street protesters and army supporters to possibly influence a future return to power via coup or court case.

vCash
    Thanks

Back in the LOS ,,, anytime soon

all hail Prime Minister Toxin

I-never-dun-a-ting-rong-in-me-life-m8

Olive Brancher (*) Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markle View Post
    Apparently he's also been given his red diplomatic passport back.
    I'd act surprised, but I can't.

---Update---

Quote Originally Posted by OhhhYouKnow View Post
    Oh give me a friggin' break!! A society must decide for itself what people and behaviors are acceptable.
    The voters have CLEARLY indicated they want Thaksin to come back and live happily ever after, so GET OVER IT!!
    Oh, I agree - I think Thailand needs a return of Thaksin, in the same manner the USA needed that second Bush term (or the first one).

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

The sad thing is that square head has obviously not learnt a thing from the events of the past 5-6 years. With bit of patience and subtlety he could do all of this and get away with it.

If he keeps this up he'll lose any of the grudging support Yingluck developed from those that wanted to see a return to democracy and this time he might have even pissed of the red shirts as well..

I'd rather be lampshading Array jonny danger's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Some societies need a tight rein, Thai society is one of them. Children dislike supervision but if you were to remove it they'd become insecure. Although Thais are as different one to another as anybody else, there is a certain child-like vibe about them. Tox was IMHO a dirty dog especially for his war on drugs, but he's a cop, what do you expect. Doesn't matter what we want or expect, we're not Thai.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Oh give me a friggin' break!!
    OK, which limb?

vCash
    Thanks

The beauty of democracy is that peopleget to choose their leaders - also its greatest flaw.

I respect the right of thais to vote for him and his clique but if he really had thailand's interests at heart he would bow out because (whether he likes it or not) there cannot be stability or rapproachment while he is still on the stage.
    If Thaksin had real wisdom or dignity he would concede that his time has passed and he cannot bring the country together.

Th red shirts have been let down by the previous govt and they have been let down by Thaksin continuing as their leader, and not letting more acceptable leadership replace him.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Thaksin said yesterday he would travel to areas hit by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami during his trip to Japan next week to see what Thailand can do to help its reconstruction efforts, a news report said.

"My intention is to visit the tsunami site to see whether we can render any kind of cooperation or assistance," Thaksin said in an interview with Kyodo News in Dubai.
    Aww shucks - he's all heart inne.

Quote Originally Posted by markle View Post
    With bit of patience and subtlety he could do all of this and get away with it.
    He might feel 'She'll be right' soon enough - and patience and subtlety doesn't play all that well with even relatively sophisticated electorates, let alone Thailand's.
    Last edited by wobble; 17th August 2011 at 12:18.

I'd rather be lampshading Array jonny danger's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

What was it he gave the rurals on one of his election tours, 200B each?