-->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thais to teach us some manners in new book

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Thais to teach us some manners in new book

Thais will teach "culturally insensitive foreigners" etiquette after man photographed sitting on head of Buddha.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3652658.stm

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

How f**king stupid can the directors and producers of this movie be. Not surprised Buddhists are up in arms!!!

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

smelly foreigners walkin round in singlets and shorts...

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Thais are as buddhist as I am.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Yes everydat at the temple you can see monks following the Buddha's teachings and doing such devout things as divining lottery numbers, blessing politicians, selling alcohol and knifes and at the TEmple of the Golden Mount counting money with a big grin on their face. Typical Thailand you cannot insult Buddha unless you're a Thai.

BTW you know how they close down Nana etc for Buddhist holidays, you can still get a beer and a poke in a Thai knocking shop.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Might be a good idea.

A saw a waiter run out of a restaurant to give a bag two British guys had accidentally left behind. One of them "rewarded" the waiter by patting the waiter's head!

geez....

Saw a guy on the bus with a foot up on the seat in front of him. Then he'd change feet and put that one in front of a girl's face.

c'mon...

Most of these things Westerners do here would be considered rude anywhere.

Established User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

How about topless sunbathing....not don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to seeing a nice pair of jubblies but, firstly most of the saggy fallang funbags I see I'd sooner see covered, and secondly it's an affront in Thai culture, I mean what is this? The sodding Med? Just because they've been doiong this in Torremolinos for years does it suddenly mean that any country with a beach finds this kind of thing acceptable.
    LDMA

Please don't PM me at this username, please pm LDMA to contact me

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Learn some manners...

You must pick your nose, roll it around before depositing the bogey on an inanimate object.

You must stop dead in front of me in lotuuus.

You must include the word 'farang' in every sentence you speak when a farang is near but pretend you're not taking any notice of the farang.

You must speak through the British national anthem when you're on a freebie at the British Council.

You must run out of class and answer your phone when I'm presenting today's target language and then return and ask me to repeat by saying "alai"

You must emerge from side roads without looking right.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rotten
    Learn some manners...

You must pick your nose, roll it around before depositing the bogey on an inanimate object.

You must include the word 'farang' in every sentence you speak when a farang is near but pretend you're not taking any notice of the farang.

You must speak through the British national anthem when you're on a freebie at the British Council.

You must run out of class and answer your phone when I'm presenting today's target language and then return and ask me to repeat by saying "alai"

You should visit my 'general hindrances' thread.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

How about topless sunbathing....not don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to seeing a nice pair of jubblies but, firstly most of the saggy fallang funbags I see I'd sooner see covered, and secondly it's an affront in Thai culture
    No it isn't. A Thai ambassador to King Louis XIV's court was asked to comment on the beauty of French women said that in Thailand the women were more beautiful because they exposed their breasts. Don't let TAT or Thai TV provide you with Thai history.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Just another BOF
    How about topless sunbathing....not don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to seeing a nice pair of jubblies but, firstly most of the saggy fallang funbags I see I'd sooner see covered, and secondly it's an affront in Thai culture
    No it isn't. A Thai ambassador to King Louis XIV's court was asked to comment on the beauty of French women said that in Thailand the women were more beautiful because they exposed their breasts. Don't let TAT or Thai TV provide you with Thai history.
    Something to bear in mind for all those using time machines to visit Thailand.
    - Reg

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

You think a Thai that picks his nose in public is gonna teach me some manners?

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rotten
    Learn some manners...

^ good one johnny rotten.

Senior Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Thais complaining that foriegners are culturally insensitive? What is the world coming to? At least we realise that other cultures exist.

I'm going to find a handkerchief size Thai flag and use it to wipe the sweat off my brow. Thais seem to think that that is acceptable with the sepo and Union flags.

vCash
    Thanks

What's a "sepo"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast