-->

Thread: I want to get a job teaching adults for 6 months..not currently in Thailand.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

I want to get a job teaching adults for 6 months..not currently in Thailand.

Hi,

Would appreciate anyones help/advice in the best way of going about this.

I've tried doing a search on this site for similar previous threads but its like swimming through custard trying to get answers.

i've got a degree (film & music) and two years previous TEFL experience teaching kids in Korea. I've also got business experience.

many thanks in advance for replies,

CB.

vCash
    Thanks

Re: I want to get a job teaching adults for 6 months..not currently in Thailand.

For six months?
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

vCash
    Thanks

Re: I want to get a job teaching adults for 6 months..not currently in Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by taowarrior View Post
    Would appreciate anyones help/advice in the best way of going about this.
    Do up a CV stressing your teaching experience. Apply for jobs, there are loads on this site for example. Take one you like.

What other advice or info exactly are you looking for apart from this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

i've been having a look on this site for jobs but, so far, haven't seen many for teaching adults.

is 6 months unheard of for a contract lenght ??

vCash
    Thanks

Not unheard of, but the vast majority of employers want someone who is going to stick around for a year or longer. Someone who will only work for 6 months is often thought as lacking commitment to their job. Not really an unfair statement.

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Mr Pants & Robitusson, thanks for your replies.

I'll just keep banging away at sending out my CV to the jobs that are on here.

On another completely different note, how easy is it to fly into Bangkok, get off the plane and get an apartment on a monthly rental basis?

vCash
    Thanks

i've been having a look on this site for jobs but, so far, haven't seen many for teaching adults.

You could work part-time. Or just leave after 6 months if you take a longer contract.

how easy is it to fly into Bangkok, get off the plane and get an apartment on a monthly rental basis?
    No problem whatsoever.

If I can offer advice, you really need to think a bit more specifically about what you want to do or what it is you have in mind in visiting here. Or just turn up and see what happens, but you won't need advice here if you want this option.
    Last edited by robitusson; 27th August 2009 at 23:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

haha..if i do just turn up, get an apartment (i take it I don't need any other docs, Thai bank account, etc); how likely and how soon could I get a job teaching adults.

acostumbrado equivocado Array happynz's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

haha..if i do just turn up, get an apartment (i take it I don't need any other docs, Thai bank account, etc); how likely and how soon could I get a job teaching adults.
    Go around to the language schools and apply. If you are diligent you'll turn up something.

Why only six months?

My alternative universe...
    Así pues, aquí estamos.

vCash
    Thanks

In theory you could turn up and get a job and an apartment in one day. Getting an apartment is as easy as finding somewhere, giving them the money for the deposit and getting the key to the door. No extra paperwork beyond your passport usually required. Finding out where you want to live is the specific part of the issue which you have to think about.

Same with teaching adults. If you apply somewhere before you get here, then you could arrange to be interviewed when you arrive and start if you want to take anything you're offered. Same deal though. You need to decide where you'd like to work.

Have you thought about where you want to live or where you want to work more importantly?

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

i've got no idea where i want to live in Bangkok, but i decided to go for this city to increase the probabilty of getting a job. As for the actual job, I'm (maybe stupidly) not that bothered as long as its teaching adults..my ears took too much of a bashing in Korea to want to experience candy fuelled hyper kids again (even though i look back on my time there with really fond memories).

As for my reasons for coming to Thailand...the food, the people, the culture, the climate......

acostumbrado equivocado Array happynz's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

i've got no idea where i want to live in Bangkok...
    Just get a place that is close to work (at least get a place near the BTS or MRT and make sure your place of employment is near the BTS or MRT). Trust me, this will make a huge difference.