-->

Thread: Any jobs in Sept/October?

New Member Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Any jobs in Sept/October?

Hello everybody,I was wondering if it is possible to find jobs in late August/September? My wife and I will be moving to Thailand sometime during that time period and are basically looking to go anywhere besides Bangkok (no disrespect to Bangkok, I really enjoy the city but it's not my wife's cup of tea). We are both certified teachers in the US, with 3 years experience teaching English abroad (no CELTA's though). Our goal financially is just to break even. Thanks for the help!

vCash
    Thanks

Yes.

Language academies are always hiring (although historically Dec-Feb are slowest).
    There should be some mid-year openings (replacement of teachers who left) at regular schools as well (term break is the month of October).

Even if you land some short time positions for the period from Oct-April you will be in great shape for the following April to land full time positions at one of the better international schools in the country.

acostumbrado equivocado Array happynz's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

If you are both certified I reckon you'd be better off hitting the international school fairs that are held in the next couple of months. If that's not your cup of tea not to worry too much as you'd be landing at a not too bad time for job hunting as primary and secondary schools (prathom and matayoms) as well as unis which go on break in October and then fire up again for the second semester starting in late October, early November (around that time period).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My alternative universe...
    Así pues, aquí estamos.

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djblaze View Post
    Hello everybody,I was wondering if it is possible to find jobs in late August/September?
    In terms of job ads on ajarn.com, August and September were both decent months this year (18% up on Sept and Aug of the previous year)