Transitioning to Bangkok from China. Through working contacts, husband has interview next Tuesday at a university.
So in addition to showing up with nicely pressed long sleeved dress shirt, tie, trousers and polished shoes, which of the following should he bring to the interview?
1) Resume (multiple copies?)
2) Copies of degrees
3) Transcripts (we actually just realized we don't have those with us, so are trying to get them sent over as soon as possible)
4) Copy of background check
5) Medical certification (he actually doesn't have this)
6) Photos (how many?)
7) Glowing letter of recommendation from Chinese uni where he taught 7 years
Also, he's a bit partial to his facial hair (goatee, presently), but we hear it's scary to Thai. Should he shave it off?
2) yes, 1 attached to the back of each resume (have the original handy as well).
3) yes, at least 1 set of originals and a couple of copies.
4) yes, if you have it. Not usually asked for at the Uni level but nice to show (good for brownie points)
5) not needed until it is time for the work permit. Then it is a simple matter of a couple hundred baht (or less - 50 baht at our local hospital).
6) Passport style on the front page of the resume is standard. Extras not needed at the interview stage.
7) Can't hurt.
8} Good attitude. This isn't China.
9) I also sport a mustache and goatee and it has never been an issue.
... sense of humor