-->

Thread: Good Hairdresser in Bangkok

Regular Abuser Array DXBgoddess's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Good Hairdresser in Bangkok

Hi Girls,
    Wanted to get my hair cut and colored but don't want to pick somewhere down the road from me and have them screw it up terribly. Does anyone know a reputable/reliable salon that doesn't cost the Earth? preferably on sukhumvit?

vCash
    Thanks

Ha ha. This has to be the number one question on every female forum.

I have had several horror jobs here, but a couple of really good ones too.

I have been going to the one on the first floor (2nd to Americans) in Silom Centre and have had two good haircuts there, both from men, and one awful one from a woman.

I think you have to pay a bit to get one who can understand what you want.

I'm sure there are plenty of good hairdressers in the small shops but if you cant tell them what you want, you could get anything.

vCash
    Thanks

I suggest you do pay a bit more to get what you want and to be sure. I use Tony n Guy in Siam Discovery.
    ชมนักผักตบซ้อน บอนแซง
    บอนสุพรรณหั่นแกง อร่อยแท้
    บอนบางกอกดองแสลง เหลือแหล่ แม่เอย
    บอนปากยากจะแก้ ไม่สิ้นลิ้นบอน

vCash
    Thanks

Pay a bit more yes, but I went to one in Paragon and they wanted 3500 baht for just a trim.

Taking the piss a bit, that.

vCash
    Thanks

True...never use any hair dresser in paragon though...but everything in there is taking the pee....

Regular Abuser Array DXBgoddess's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Re: Good Hairdresser in Bangkok

Thaks for the opinions girls. Actuslly I found a really great little place down the road from me. I tried my luck in another salon first and they totally screwed it up, but then i tried this spa on the off chance and the guy in there is great! And reasonably priced. He's the ugliest katoey I've ever seen, but he's very handy with a pair of scissors. He knows how falang hair works. I got a shampoo, bleach, color and style for 800 baht and the following week when i went in for a blow dry he cut it for free cos he said the way the other woman had messed it up made it difficult for him to dry. the place is called Magnolia Spa and it's on Sukhumvit 71 for future reference.

Senior Member Array Bangkok Phil's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Although it might be a bit out of your way, the several hairdressers on the 4th floor of Central Bang Na are all excellent. The level of spoken English ain't that great but they aren't intimidated by a foreigner walking in i.e they don't all run for cover the moment you enter the salon with that time-honored two-fingered cutting gesture. The guy who cuts and hilights my hair is a katooey with a huge mane of hair and a Michael Jackson nose job, but he's the only person I've met who can cut 'the fin' style with any degree of success. Before him I had a gay guy who sadly moved to work for the channel three make-up department.

I've had my share of Sukhumwit Rd disasters in the past. The worst seem to be hotel salons but a lot of the independent salons seem to have staff that have become jaded by too many fussy and impossible-to-please foreigners.
    The worst job in Thailand must be the man who has to sit down with a blue marker pen and mark a number two on the two-baht coins to stop people thinking they are one-baht coins.

vCash
    Thanks

My daughter is a hairdresser and she and all the others hate doing Asian hair.
    It just grows differently and they have lots of trouble styling it.

It would be the same for Thai hairdressers. They train doing Asian hair and our hair is different and it is not just the coarseness or thickness of it.