-->
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Engerland will not win the cup!

Senior Member Array russellsimpson's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

I think I just had another premonition. Okay to change predictions if so required ?

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Well, I did but no one seemed to notice! LB and Defender didn't see a thing.

vCash
    Thanks

lovebucket and jon and keegan and i1der say...................argentina.
    johnny did say czechs but see below............................................. !
    jon jadt says.............................................. .........................ecuador.
    blackjack says and theent01 says booringly.......................brazil
    ajarn farang and turncoat johnny and moleman say...........engerland.
    defender and plan b and tazmanian say.............. ........germany
    keegan also says.............................................. ..................argenralia (tw*t)
    happynz strangely says.............................................. .........mexico
    enjoy optimistically says.............................................. ........france
    russelsimpson swings in with.................................... ...south korea
    uncle harry goes for ............................. ........................the dutch

Posted after 2 minutes 25 seconds:

no takers for australia? i think they'll do croatia and march on.

vCash
    Thanks

french are goin DOWN! muwhahahaha! (or at least I say so now, but fully reserve the right to reverse this at any later arbitrary date). I just like seeing the french loose, or not win, at any rate.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I have Argentina in a sweepstake at work and can see 32 quid coming my way
    I like the Czechs and hope they do well.
    How about a last 4 of Argentina, Czech Rep., Holland and Spain?
    Not sure about Holland or Spain.

vCash
    Thanks

Why will Engerland not win the World Cup?

Probably because there are at least six other teams who, at the their worst, are able to beat Engerland at their 'best'.

And I will walk naked from Sungai Golok to Mae Sai if I am proved wrong.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theent01
    french are goin DOWN! muwhahahaha! (or at least I say so now, but fully reserve the right to reverse this at any later arbitrary date). I just like seeing the french loose, or not win, at any rate.
    The French will stuff Togo, 4 or 5-0. Then enter the second stage in confident mood. Yeah we all hate the French but Henry at least plays in the EPL and is married to a Brit, I believe.

Misuderstood sociopath Array bulldog's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

sven has about as much tactical nous as michael winner is a handsum man. taking unfit stirkers, becoming obsessed with shite players (rio, hargreaves), whilst not using the likes of carrick and ashton. even as a gooner, the decision to take theo is stupid beyond belief.
    By 2005 every previous resident of Warsaw had listed their temporary address as Portswood, Southampton, leading to it's appointment as capital of Poland. It is currently the subject of a hostile takeover bid from the home counties, particularly
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Member Array ajarn farang's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Probably because there are at least six other teams who, at the their worst, are able to beat Engerland at their 'best'.
    cobblers!! ..

spain are full of confidence and have attacking verve in abundance. but when the going gets tough, svengerland will get going.

Regular User Array
    vCash
    Thanks

IMO Spain are in an easy group and they have had their fair share of luck which others have not. I think the score line against the Ukraine was very flattering.

Czech Republic, Holland and Mexico have played well one match and crap in another.

Germany, Switzerland, Sweden and Australia are just crap.

Ecuador and maybe Portugal have played fairly well but you can’t see them going much further.

Italy, France and England have just been crap but do have the potential to do better.

Brazil and Argentina have an abundance of quality attacking players and will go very close and will only get beaten by one of the spoiling teams like Italy and maybe England who might nick a goal and defend well for the rest of the game or take it to penalties and win it that way.

Senior Member Array ajarn farang's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

Everybody is talking about Argentina but I think they have peaked too early, while we are on a steady curve. I'm not sure we are going to win it but I bet Argentina don't.
    Frank Skinner on BBC Radio Five Live.
    who cares if you win by one or win by six? a win is still a win, a defeat still a defeat.

We go on about long balls but sometimes you can get goals from long balls. I just think we have got a bit carried away with the long balls in the last couple of games. I'm looking forward to a good performance tonight - I think England will win 2-0.
    Wigan boss Paul Jewell on BBC Radio Five Live.
    I was very impressed with Aaron Lennon. He was terrific and it was a great World Cup debut for him. Sometimes you need a kid to come through. Martin Peters, who knows a tiny bit about football, has been telling me all season he wouldn't be surprised if he went to the World Cup. It doesn't matter how you start a tournament it's how you finish it. We got booed off the park in the first game in 1966.
    Sir Geoff Hurst on BBC News 24.
    I think England have a chance of winning the tournament. The first round is always very cagey. If we get it right I think we are one of half a dozen teams that can win it. The knock-out stages are a different kind of tournament. We have qualified comfortably and should win the group. We certainly want to avoid Germany in Munich. I'd settle for playing them in the final.
    Sir Geoff Hurst on BBC Radio Five Live.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...06/4853282.stm

Striker Henrik Larsson, who is set to lead Sweden's attack on Tuesday said he felt England were one of the strongest sides in the tournament.

"England have a great opportunity. They have a great team and a great squad with world-class players. They can do it if they can get it together all right," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...en/5044748.stm

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MATCH BUT I DON'T FANCY HAVING TO GET UP TOMORROW MORNING. :smile:

vCash
    Thanks

Because they will never beat Spain!! That team is on fire. Sign me up for them!!! Go Catalonia~
    Too long in Exile, too long not singing my song.
    Too long like a rolling stone, Too long in exile
    Too long in Exile, baby you just arent my friend.
    Too long in Exile my friend, Baby you can never go home again.

Misuderstood sociopath Array bulldog's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks

brazil have been shit so far!! ronaldinho "CS" has been awful and ronaldo is just fat like that dude on thai TV

vCash
    Thanks

Spain...always good when it doesn't count then...WHAM....reality....the bottle it.

Essex man and atheist Array Uncle Harry's Avatar
    Trevor Brooking's head, Wembley, May 10th 1980
    vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog
    sven has about as much tactical nous as michael winner is a handsum man. taking unfit stirkers, becoming obsessed with doodoo players (rio, hargreaves), whilst not using the likes of carrick and ashton. even as a gooner, the decision to take theo is stupid beyond belief.
    One of the few times in my life that I agree with an A*****l fan! (apart from Rio as I rate him). Also add Beckham to the "obsessed with sh-it players' bit.
    If I could do it all over again, I'd do it all over you.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast